Author Topic: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride  (Read 19289 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:19:57 AM »
I've been saving up for a 4 wheeled ride, I'm 2-3 years away from realistically pulling the trigger (if I pull it at all). My mind is focusing on the following. Most likely a Dodge/Ply. Prowler (Hot looking car, V6 w 253 HP 0-60 times 5.5-6.0 sec.)

Delorean, Gull wing doors, SS body panels, and did I mention those gull winged doors? (Parts aren’t as much of a problem as you'd think but getting someone that knows how to work on them is. V6 is slow 0-60 10 sec range.)

New Mustang coupe or Conv. V6 or V8 (undecided) hot enough but so many around, plenty fast, but that's not my reason for getting the ride.

This would not be an everyday driver, sort of a Sunday car or special occasion deal, just something when I want to treat myself to a nice ride. The reason I gave the 0-60 times is only because some of you may not know the cars well and sometimes a V6 sounds under powered.

My fear is the Delorean is more hands on then I want to be, the Prowler has limited room but then again I don't know if I care that much and the Mustang may just be too dammed common.

Thoughts?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »
Delorean is old. Composite body is difficult to repair. v6 Renault engine is old. Reminds me of JZ Deloreans cocaine deal. Not a sportscar. Not an exotic. Just a complete failure.. my opinion.  Or, if you really want one, wait for the electric version coming this or next year.

Prowler is ok but not my personal favorite.

Get the new Mustang V8. Get the Boss if you can. or the GT500. AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!

The Mustang v6 is ok, install an aftermarket Supercharger for a few grand and get additional 150 to 170 horses more and eat a lot of v8s on the road! 

You have other choices? Euro? Japanese?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:46:51 AM by Vivo »

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
Delorean is old. Composite body is difficult to repair. v6 Renault engine is old. Reminds me of JZ Deloreans cocaine deal. Not a sportscar. Not an exotic. Just a complete failure.. my opinion.  Or, if you really want one, wait for the electric version coming this or next year.

Prowler is ok but not my personal favorite.

Get the new Mustang V8. Get the Boss if you can. or the GT500. AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!

The Mustang v6 is ok, install an aftermarket Supercharger for a few grand and get additional 150 to 170 horses more and eat a lot of v8s on the road! 

You have other choices? Euro? Japanese?

John Delorean was set up by the gov. he was never convicted and never spent a day in jail, don't buy the media hipe! The Prowler has a "Look" to it, like a real hot rod/classic cruiser even with the V6. It's quick because it's such a light car, made from aluminum where ever possible.

If I got a V6 Mustang I wouldn't change it around, it's quick enough as it is for me. The V8 is more attractive but the drawback is they are common, then there is the choice of coupe or droptop.

The idea is a car that is somewhat rare that will get looks. The Delroean is most likely onje to be out of the running, not that it's slow (er) but that it's to hard to keep up. The Prowler only has about 11K made total so it's pretty unique. I just don't know, help....
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
John Delorean was set up by the gov. he was never convicted and never spent a day in jail, don't buy the media hipe! The Prowler has a "Look" to it, like a real hot rod/classic cruiser even with the V6. It's quick because it's such a light car, made from aluminum where ever possible.

If I got a V6 Mustang I wouldn't change it around, it's quick enough as it is for me. The V8 is more attractive but the drawback is they are common, then there is the choice of coupe or droptop.

The idea is a car that is somewhat rare that will get looks. The Delroean is most likely onje to be out of the running, not that it's slow (er) but that it's to hard to keep up. The Prowler only has about 11K made total so it's pretty unique. I just don't know, help....

Look no further:

---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
Look no further:

I've given some thought to that but like the Mustang it is somewhat common, not as common but they can be found pretty much everywhere. But thanks for the recomendation, it's not completely out of the running. Any idea how expensive it is to upkeep? Some German cars are outragious when it comes to brakes, and things.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
...or this...

..click it..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:29:40 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:44:57 PM »
It has to be a classic if you want something different. Anyone can go into a showroom and buy the exact same new car as you, get a newly restored classic and you will stand out. Doesnt have to be expensive and since your considering a Delorean anyway which IS a  classic ypur half way there  :)

Personally i like the Delorean but i wouldnt ever want to own one, to me they look too dated, but not in a good way. That brushed aluminum bidywork is a nightmare if it gets knocked or scratched, tho i suppose on the plus side any damage or repairs cant be easily hidden under bondo which lets you know youre not buying a shed if you do go for that.

I own a '71 beetle, my 3rd one, and i can honestly say i get more looks, comments, smiles and waves as i drive that than ANY car i have ever owned or been in. Parts are cheap, its easy to repair myself, its fun to drive and is easy to make individual. Oh and as a bonus if you take care of it then if you decide to sell it you should get back your money, maybe even a little more.

Maybe a classic European or American car thats not long had a full restoration?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
...or this...

..click it..

Nice but far too common, thanks.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »
It has to be a classic if you want something different. Anyone can go into a showroom and buy the exact same new car as you, get a newly restored classic and you will stand out. Doesnt have to be expensive and since your considering a Delorean anyway which IS a  classic ypur half way there  :)

Personally i like the Delorean but i wouldnt ever want to own one, to me they look too dated, but not in a good way. That brushed aluminum bidywork is a nightmare if it gets knocked or scratched, tho i suppose on the plus side any damage or repairs cant be easily hidden under bondo which lets you know youre not buying a shed if you do go for that.

I own a '71 beetle, my 3rd one, and i can honestly say i get more looks, comments, smiles and waves as i drive that than ANY car i have ever owned or been in. Parts are cheap, its easy to repair myself, its fun to drive and is easy to make individual. Oh and as a bonus if you take care of it then if you decide to sell it you should get back your money, maybe even a little more.

Maybe a classic European or American car thats not long had a full restoration?

I put some thought into a VW Thing, not many were sold in the US but I would like to have some power in my drive, doesn't have to be a burner but an old VW doesn't fill that bill to well.

My choices as I see it are as mentioned above, if I want common I'll go with a Mustang, more rare but still a little modern the Prowler, and for out there the "D".  Vetts, can be sharp, as old Mustangs are too even old Chargers are nice but it's not what I'm looking for.

Maybe if I could find a new model that just didn't sell well, like a Prowler it would do the trick.

So (all) your thoughts on the 3 mentioned and which would you go with.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:16:21 PM »
..yeah, i'm common...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
..yeah, i'm common...

and 7/8 redneck  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »
...lol...not really...i just try to keep up th' image...

;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:33 PM »
...redneck dream...

..'73 Trans Am...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
...tho, they usually look like this...still dreamin'...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 07:44:47 AM »
So (all) your thoughts on the 3 mentioned and which would you go with.

Wouldnt choose any of them. If you were to put a gun to my head and force me to take one then its a Delorean, there is no contest for me from those 3 cars. Delorean is different, unusual and rarely seen every day, the other 2 are just boring modern cars, full of cheap plastic inside too i bet.

The only car from the 3 which wont lose half its value in a few years is the Delorean.

Just make sure it has that fully working flux capacitor fitted, cos they can be a pain to replace if its missing.  :)

Latest fad here on the VW scene is putting a Subaru WRX engine in your ride. Plenty beetles and vans have them but i havent seen a VW Thing with one in it yet? Hmmmmm............
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()