Author Topic: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride  (Read 19299 times)

ts1

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:18 AM »
Mercedes F400!
Although not equipped with an V8 engine, it is considerably fast.
It take turns like a hybrid between sports car and motorbike with up to lateral 1.28 g-force while tilting at 20°.
And is not common. An oil sheik would be jealous!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »
I've given some thought to that but like the Mustang it is somewhat common, not as common but they can be found pretty much everywhere. But thanks for the recomendation, it's not completely out of the running. Any idea how expensive it is to upkeep? Some German cars are outragious when it comes to brakes, and things.

That's Nissan 370Z, not German car.
I do not think that maintenance would cost a lot, especially not in USA. This car costs TWICE as much here where I live. :(

If you are into classics, this was my 1st and 2nd car, two decades ago:

And this was my 3rd car, in 1994:

Does not get much funnier than this... if you are into people looking at you. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:08:21 AM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
Whats that 1st car Axy? Looks like a Fiat 500 but slightly different?

I would say both those cars Axy put up have far more character than any of the modern plastic cocoon's on offer today.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
There are very big letters on the picture.
You might want to consult your oculist!? ;)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »
There are very big letters on the picture.
You might want to consult your oculist!? ;)

I meant is it a clone of the fiat 500 or something, i can obviously see what the name says in the poster, its not a name im familiair with.

Many eastern European manufacturers would buy up the presses from major car makers once they had retired a model and then "adjust" it slightly and rebadge it as their own. I wondered if this was the case here thats all.

Dont do the occult so no need to see my oculist  :D

.................that is what an oculist is right? isnt it? Hope i dont look silly now  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
..lol...eye-doc...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Axy, I had one of those in college it was a Fiat 600 later a Fiat Abarth 750.  The latter with twice the horsepower and better handling. As far as a potential new ride how about a VW Golf GTI.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Now we're talking, Golf GTI mk1, mmmmmmmmmmm.

I remember as an apprentice being picked up by my tradesman in his new white GTI, i was totally speechless when he floored it, couldnt speak for grinning  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »

I would say both those cars Axy put up have far more character than any of the modern plastic cocoon's on offer today.

That was Zastava 750 (zastava means flag in Croatian/Serbian). It was produced between 1955 and 1985 in Serbian factory "Crvena zastava" ("Red flag"). It was based on old Italian Fiat 600 and it is incredible how good that car was. It had real 4 cyl engine with water cooling, great suspension and it had the role of motorizing post-war Yugoslavia. The factory is better known for famous "Yugo" car of the 80s and now new Fiat Punto and new Fiat 500 are assembled there.

Many people here during Yugoslavia had 750 as their first car. It did 0-100 in 28 sec, had top speed of 120 hp, 610 kg and 30 hp 750 cc engine. :)

You are right when you say that those cars had more character than this plastic bs we buy today. I have no interest whatsoever in ANY car up to Nissan 370Z. And Nissan costs 60.000 EUR on the road in Croatia. :(
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 08:46:50 PM »

.................that is what an oculist is right? isnt it? Hope i dont look silly now  :-\

Almost. :) Oculist is an English word with Latin origin. It is a synonym for "ophthalmologist" or an eye doctor. (
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »
Almost. :) Oculist is an English word with Latin origin. It is a synonym for "ophthalmologist" or an eye doctor. (

Lol i know, its just my sense of humour.  :D

We call them opticians tho.

Or devil-worshippers........ :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 01:31:01 AM »
Ok 080, it seems that your heart is hooked to the DeLorean. Then follow it... All we have to say here are suggestions and most of all, personal opinions. Again, choosing a car is a personal choice. I chose my cars based on this and not on any others' opinions or recommendations. But I still wanted to hear other peoples' opinions.  Our family has been in the car business since the 60's. We've had American and European cars even some Japanese cars and what I can say is that each has its own "character".  My passion for cars never changed and am still connected with the automobile industry.  Also, every country or nationality have their favorites. My personal first choice are still the American muscle cars. No matter how common. I drove a Dodge Challenger and a '65 Mustang before and nothing beats a v8 rumble cruising at 5-10 mph.  ;D ;D ;D  That's my kind of sunday ride...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 01:37:28 AM »
Ok 080, it seems that your heart is hooked to the DeLorean.

..let's get back....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 01:45:56 AM »

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 02:44:26 AM »
That's Nissan 370Z, not German car.

I was saying how much does the Nissan 370Z cost to upkeep, as I know many German cars are expensive on simple things like brakes etc. A tranny for a Porsch runs 30k on some models.

The F400 is not an option but thanks.

I have a friend that owns a Delorean in California, when I'm out his way he lets me barrow it, so I know the car well and one of the worst things I hear when I'm in the car is all the dumb "back to the future"  jokes. Every one has something dumb to say, "does it go 88MPH?" etc, it gets old real quick. I'm leaning towards the Prowler and was hoping you'd all talk me into or out of it, sounds like you all don't like it much. The old classics listed above are nice, but not what I want. Really every car in good shape can be admired, but in those cases not for the right/same reasons.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()