Author Topic: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride  (Read 19296 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 10:08:31 AM »
To me it is equal to paying 4,000.00 for a pack of cigarettes. It's too crazy to be true. Like the tiny INTERNET puppy.

Even if cigarettes were £4000/pack, some of us would still buy them.

I always wondered how all these average tyle folk in the US had so much land and property when they often dont seem to even have any real job as such. Guess land is just real cheap in those areas? I seen some folk on various documentaries who dont work, have retired, but own acres of land and loads of farm building full of cool stuff. Lots of them looked like bums or stoners, which isnt a bad thing, just wondered how they got the all money to buy the place in the 1st place, maybe they inherited it. We have similair folk here but theyre all farmers, running working farms. Do you not have to pay like a yearly tax on your property value over there like we do?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
That's the cool part... If you keep your land looking like sh** the value is less. That way the yearly tax is less. Most of the hobo's you see living on farm size spreads are actually the kids of the people that farmed it before. These lazy ass bums just sit, and wait for grandpa dad to die so they can have it all for free (low taxes) and do nothing. Also land is still cheap away from big "centers". There is quite alot of 10g/acre land around here. 40-50 miles from our state capitol.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 01:54:01 AM »
cheap land in the U.S. of A.... hmm...   ::)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »
Wanna trade?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:23 AM »
no way ... no 100 octane there...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
I just made an offer on a Prowler, I don't expect the offer to be accepted but hope to get into some negotiations at least.

Land is just like a car as in we all have our own tastes, my mom owns a few lots in Ocala Fl. that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. She has them listed for sale @ 6K and no offers in 1 month.

You can buy acres in Fl. for 10K as pointed ouot but you need to be the right kind of person to want to live there. I have a wife and young child, I'd rather a place near/in town so my daughter will have several playmates close by with a libray, schools shopping all within walking or short ride distance.

Nothing wrong with thos that live ouotside of town, it,s just not for everyone.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
You got that right. Cheap land is cheap for a reason...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2012, 01:57:36 AM »
This is a 10 acre island, I repeat ISLAND.. for sale here... price is around $350,000.00... good buy?  ::) ::) ::)

I might save for one.   This is just one of several....   http://www.palawan-online-realty.com/

I'll build a house on top and make some moonshine...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:01:27 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »
Needs something in the pict for scale. I imagine a beer can would cover most of the island.
I can see myself riding in a tiny little circle on my $57,000.00 zx, and giggling about how frigin happy I am.

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »
I really love four wheeled ride and car driving is my hobby. Now a days launched lots of new cars such as Mahindra Verito 1.5 D6 BSIII, Mahindra Verito 1.5 D6, Toyota Vios, Proton Exora, Toyota Camry, Nissan Grand Livina, audi, ceverolate, Honda Civic, BMW 3 Series and many more. In this all cars I like most  audi, ceverolate, Honda Civic, BMW 3 Series.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
If I HAD to have a car...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
This is a 10 acre island, I repeat ISLAND.. for sale here... price is around $350,000.00... good buy?  ::) ::) ::)

I might save for one.   This is just one of several....   http://www.palawan-online-realty.com/

I'll build a house on top and make some moonshine...

The problem with an island is this: you nee a dock on the main land for shopping or shore trips. You will have to worry about kids, punks, and bandits coming ashore at night to terrorize you. Electricity, running water, garbage removal, MD's in case you become ill.

Have often wondered myself about living that way but unless you have neighboors it can be a tough life or a quick death.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2012, 03:02:56 AM »
The problem with an island is this: you nee a dock on the main land for shopping or shore trips. You will have to worry about kids, punks, and bandits coming ashore at night to terrorize you. Electricity, running water, garbage removal, MD's in case you become ill.

Have often wondered myself about living that way but unless you have neighboors it can be a tough life or a quick death.

All very real points... except the garbage removal. The ocen cleans itself. Just tryit, and see. Dump any amount of anything into the ocean, and it is always gone in a day or so. I change my oil over storm drains because they have the Magic of the Ocean too.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »

That is not a problem.  If I have money to buy an island, It means, I'm rich. I can build a dock..covered of course, get security (the most expensive ones), build a power plant (solar), a water treatment facility (or buy Perrier by the bulk or vichy by the drum), garbage disposal system,  a helipad for my helicopter in case I want to fetch my personal doctor. Neighbors you say? the Philippines has 7,107 islands, some of these islands are 5-10 minutes away from each other.  An island is the safest place to live. Trouble makers are in the city, they commit crimes and run to the mountains and authorities can't catch them. In an island, there's no place to run to. 

There are several persons I know who have small islands but they don't live there of course. They have a house or a mini resort and use this during summer time with the family or clan, special occasions, etc. or rent it out sometimes to tourists. It is also a great adventure for growing children. They learn a lot staying on an island.  The cheapest island here you can get for around 50,000 dollars.  As for maintenance, what they do is invite a poor family or two from the mainland to live in the island and the head of the family gets a small monthly salary for maintenance.. grounds and structures, garden, etc. They can plant vegetables and raise some livestock if they want. Great deal huh!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »
Dibbs on the janitor job!!! I can eat tree crab all day Bro!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()