Author Topic: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride  (Read 19279 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a 4 wheeled ride
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012, 04:52:25 AM »
Dibbs on the janitor job!!! I can eat tree crab all day Bro!

You're hired!!

Hey Zombie! Have you finished mowing the island???

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:58 AM »
If I HAD to have a car...

BMW is a status symbol in USA... in Europe, it is in premium segment, but nothing special, maybe a few % more expensive than other European brands.
It is interesting that in Germany, service cost of BMW 3 series, for example, is almost 40 % less than service cost of a simple VW Golf.
For some reason unknown to me, labour cost of BMW service personnel seems to be lower.

Anyway, full streets of them where I live... good cars, a bit dull on the outside, but good engines, suspension etc.... sporty too...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
In the Philippines, a car (any car) is a status symbol.... :D  Anybody who can afford to travel daily in a car is well-to-do. You have money to buy gasoline! 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 10:17:46 AM »
I'd have to eat dirt sandwiches, and smoke horse dung in a pipe if I had to support a car. I live pretty cheaply here, and don't really want to change that.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
You're hired!!

No Get a biG Island. I like big
You're hired!!

You're hired!!

tractors.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »
IDK???????

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »
In the Philippines, a car (any car) is a status symbol.... :D  Anybody who can afford to travel daily in a car is well-to-do. You have money to buy gasoline! 

What is the cost of fuel where you are? I was on vacation in South Africa back in the 80's and I picked up a solider hitch hiking, he thought I was rich. His words "Your on holiday, half way around the world, in a car, driving around just for the sake of driving around, holy sh** man your rich!" Then he asked me to "act like Michel Jackson" and "speak American Black". I wasn't sure if I was insulted or not, here I am giving this guy a ride across a desert and he wants me to put on a show for him. Lol! He was a good kid.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
I'd have to eat dirt sandwiches, and smoke horse dung in a pipe if I had to support a car. I live pretty cheaply here, and don't really want to change that.

My car is now 2.5 years old and I bought it new. 4 cyl/110 hp Kia.

Insurance, taxes (car is taxed here as a luxury!), yearly maintenance and depreciation cost me around 0.75 US$ per kilometer. Plus gasoline on top of that.

First year I paid insurance (full coverage+theft), taxes and registration over 2000 US$.

I have to emphasize that average net monthly salary here is 1.000 US$, this particular car was around 19.000 US$ and gasoline is exactly 2 US$/liter.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
My car is now 2.5 years old and I bought it new. 4 cyl/110 hp Kia.

Insurance, taxes (car is taxed here as a luxury!), yearly maintenance and depreciation cost me around 0.75 US$ per kilometer. Plus gasoline on top of that.

First year I paid insurance (full coverage+theft), taxes and registration over 2000 US$.

I have to emphasize that average net monthly salary here is 1.000 US$, this particular car was around 19.000 US$ and gasoline is exactly 2 US$/liter.

And you are located where? My God that is a steep price to pay for what I call basic transportation.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
I've given some thought to that but like the Mustang it is somewhat common, not as common but they can be found pretty much everywhere. But thanks for the recomendation, it's not completely out of the running. Any idea how expensive it is to upkeep? Some German cars are outragious when it comes to brakes, and things.

Quote from: whiteknight
sorry didnt know if you realised but that there car is Japanese aka bulletproof lol
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2012, 01:47:36 AM »
What is the cost of fuel where you are? I was on vacation in South Africa back in the 80's and I picked up a solider hitch hiking, he thought I was rich. His words "Your on holiday, half way around the world, in a car, driving around just for the sake of driving around, holy sh** man your rich!" Then he asked me to "act like Michel Jackson" and "speak American Black". I wasn't sure if I was insulted or not, here I am giving this guy a ride across a desert and he wants me to put on a show for him. Lol! He was a good kid.

Converted to dollars... 5 USdollars per gallon, average monthly salary $460.00, yes, four hundred sixty dollars a month. Minimum wage is 10 dollars a day x 26 days in one month equals $260.00...less taxes....and other deductions... equals... hunger... food prices ok and other basic commodities.. an average meal is around 1 dollar.  An average entry level brand new car costs $16,000-$17,000, monthly payment of a car will be more than your monthly salary... ;D      I had three cars and two bikes, the two cars were company car plans. The first one was a company car that I bought at book value after I left my employer, paid around $950.00, cheeeap!!! The new one, is also a Company car plan, I only pay 50% of the car's cost payable in 5 years interest free. The other 50% is shouldered by the Company.  The third car was also a company car that I bought. Company owned cars are good buys because they are well maintained.  Good education will give you a good job and good perks. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »
Cars and such are cool but I'd like to see 008 do his black American deal... Just one quick tap dance, and maybe a rap song or two. Please!!!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2012, 02:04:27 AM »
Cars and such are cool but I'd like to see 008 do his black American deal... Just one quick tap dance, and maybe a rap song or two. Please!!!

080 can do this.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2012, 02:23:37 AM »
That's 008? Wooooo! To think I thought he was just a regular color guy... My spider sense has been off since the monkey moved in.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2012, 02:26:55 AM »
Yup! that's her!  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()