Author Topic: My AGV Helmet Got Stolen![SOLVED]  (Read 999 times)

Aceforever

• View Profile
My AGV Helmet Got Stolen![SOLVED]
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:53 PM »
Hey yall,

As you can see, my favorite helmet was taken from my bike in the weekend :(. I am on the verge of buying a new helmet. However, I have a backup helmet: Shoei XR-1000 and was thinking of replacing the visor for a tinted/darker visor. Not sure if I need the exact same brand since I haven't done this before. Anyone here done something similar of replacing the visor? I was looking at the new AGV helmets and wow they are exotic  :o

Many thanks in advance
CHEERS :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:04:37 AM by buckmajor »

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: My AGV Helmet Got Stolen!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »
Replacement visors are cheaper but you might have a problem with wind noise.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Just wondering, how'd they steal your head unit?

Also If I place mine on the seat hook, close/lock the seat will someone cut my strap for the helmet making it useless for them or will it be OK?

Thanks in advance.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »
They cut the strap. It happens. Straps can be replaced or modified. A deterrent would be placing you helmet in a helmet bag before securing it. These helmet theft are unplanned and once they see a nice, expensive, new helmet hanging there, the desire to get it rises. If your helmet is covered, it just becomes un-noticable, so to speak..

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
I was irresponsible and left my helmet on the foot area; easy picking for anyone. But yes it has crossed my mind that anyone can cut the strap, etc. I forgot to mention I bought me a visor on ebay for good bargain and replaced the old one. It worked out cheaper than buying a brand new helmet.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()