Author Topic: Scarborough Shoals  (Read 7906 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Scarborough Shoals
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
That's the scooter they used to ram down doors in Carrabelle. One guy gets in back, and knocks the top of the air bottles while the other holds the brakes. It's really something to see
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 06:07:27 AM »
This is simply not possible because they have the most money.

Brits were bullies of the past, USA are bullies of today and tomorrow there will be some other bullies. Probably multi-polar world with Russia, China and USA in the role of declining empire.

Walmart is the biggest corporation in the world. You'd have to shut down Walmart because it sells mostly Chinese goods. We, (the West) do not produce anything anymore and we depend on China now.

As the things progress, China that has its new economic power will soon ask for political power too. And military.

People never really became civilized.... another thread..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:30 AM »
Latest news: China is planning to give military training and arm their fishermen to defend themselves in cases of attacks.  This is pure intimidation. Geez!   Not only that they will cross our territory and do illegal fishing but now they have weapons....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 03:35:38 AM »
Sea Sheppard??  Kevlar prop foulers...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
I hate that show... F'in tree huggers
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:00 AM »
When nerds attack...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 04:02:23 AM »
When nerds attack...
Exxactly!....... My xx key sticks and I'm tired of deleting one x every time I type it. Deal with it bitcezz
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
I honestly don't care if gay people get married, but why don't supporters of it realize there are much more important things to worry about right now. Suck it up. That's my new saying.

:) -- Phrasing.

I suppose that's like going back to the 50's and 60's and telling a Black person there are more important things to worry about than the Civil Rights issue. If it directly affects you then it's important. I do wish infrastructure would be a major issue of discussion during the election though. It could create jobs and get us out of this quagmire.

So far it doesn't seem like the gay marriage issue's part of the election conversation at the moment, but I disagree on Christianity being part of the government. Full separation of Church and State. Douchebags like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry scare the sh** out of me. They're essentially Christian versions of the Taliban if not full on batsh** crazy. Just look at what Bachman's doing in the news at the moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/john-mccain-michele-bachmann-muslim_n_1683277.html

-Wolf

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:22 AM »
it's beginning....

China To Deploy Military To Sansha

July 22, 2012, 9:08pm

MANILA, Philippines — China will establish a military presence in its newly established city of Sansha, which covers a vast expanse of the flashpoint South China Sea (West Philippine Sea) including islands within the Philippines’ territory.

In a news report posted on Chinese government website gov.cn, Beijing announced that its central military authority “has approved to form and deploy a military garrison in the newly established city of Sansha”.

The online report posted Saturday said China’s Central Military Commission (CMC) had authorized the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Guangzhou Military Command to set up the garrison.

The PLA refers to China’s unified military force and is also the world’s largest with three million members.

“The garrison command will be a division-level command under the PLA’s Hainan provincial sub-command, responsible for managing the city’s national defense mobilization, military reserves and carrying out military operations. The PLA’s Sansha Garrison Command will be under the dual leadership of the Hainan provincial sub-command and the city’s civilian leaders,” the report stated.

China has also just recently begun forming a legislative body for Sansha which in turn will create a government for the new city.

According to Beijing, Sansha City administers over 200 islets, sandbanks and reefs in Xisha, Zhongsha and Nansha islands, covering 13 square kilometers in island area and two million square kilometers of water.

The Philippine government, through a Note Verbale issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to Chinese Ambassador Ma Keqing last June 28, had protested the formation of Sansha.

DFA said it is protesting the inclusion of Kalayaan Island Group (KIG) and Bajo de Masinloc (BJM) under China’s new prefecture.

Both of KIG and BJM are within the Philippines’ 200-nautical mile Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), as provided under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) to which Beijing is a signatory.

The Philippine government first established a municipality covering nine islands, sandbars and reefs in KIG back in 1978, the Department noted. Mayor Eugenio Bito-onon heads the municipality, which is considered part of Palawan.

China’s decision to send its military to Sansha came at the heels of a statement from its Foreign Ministry spokesman expressing Beijing’s willingness to quell tensions at the volatile waters through the implementation of a code of conduct, being a dialogue partner of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

“The Chinese side is willing to work together with the ASEAN members to implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) comprehensively and effectively,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:30 AM »
“The garrison command will be a division-level command under the PLA’s Hainan provincial sub-command, responsible for managing the city’s national defense mobilization, military reserves and carrying out military operations. The PLA’s Sansha Garrison Command will be under the dual leadership of the Hainan provincial sub-command and the city’s civilian leaders,” the report stated."

I think Hitler tried that in France... Look how that turned out!
I can only assume that China is perched to take whatever they want. They have too many mouths, and a few cans of dolphin meat for school kids  won't harm anything. The issue is not really fishing grounds... This is a full on deployment of troops to bully the smaller nations. You KNOW the US will not intervene. Not on a fishing grounds deal. It's all a preparatory deployment of troops, and an expansion of territory. China is poised to take over fellas. North Korea will take the blame for dropping a few bombs, and we will all speak Chinese if we survive.
The original fruit/monkey eaters are coming back.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 06:46:22 AM »
Don't worry Wolf... The Chinese think black people are cute. They just want the washed out whites out of the way. A whole planet populated by Tiger Woods looking people...

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
Don't worry -- I'm always worried. As they say 'y'all only gonna git arrested, but me ... I'm gonna git hung!'

I'm not certain the US will look the other way. From what I understand the US has been beefing up their presence around the Philippines and Australia because of China's military presence. Of course China could be doing this because they fear our presence there too. 

-Wolf

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 05:17:09 AM »
Snow ball effect... Someones gonna get hurt. People tend to forget about North Korea. They HAVE a grudge to settle. This is some serious sh** that's happening, and brother Vivo is in the middle of it all. I guess just a few prayers, and some crossed fingers/thumbs up... Till I think of anything better.
This is really overwhelming. People with power all seem to turn into sh**! Non sense

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:07 AM »
Snow ball effect... Someones gonna get hurt. People tend to forget about North Korea. They HAVE a grudge to settle. This is some serious sh** that's happening, and brother Vivo is in the middle of it all. I guess just a few prayers, and some crossed fingers/thumbs up... Till I think of anything better.
This is really overwhelming. People with power all seem to turn into sh**! Non sense

so i guess it's not a "fish" issue... is it oil maybe? Spratley Islands (one of the islands here) I think has oil. Many also are claiming the Spratley Islands, 6 of us.. China, Vietnam, Phils., Etc...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
No, What I mean is China NEEEEEEEDS food. They HAVVVVVVVVVVVE to go get it because they don't have it. That area is not a great shipping lane or there is no need to have control for transporting oil thru there. The amount of oil in the region is far less than other easier geographically accessible reserves so It's not really about that. It's more about storage/supply, and staging on a global conquest theory/stratagem. The area has always been about convenience/strategic importance to the US, and we have sen Most of the light, and decreased our grip on a nation we have no claim to. China has seen this, and is poising to claim the area as their "stage". Most of this may just slide under the radar, as I can assure you I have heard nothing about this in any media except for my own searching it out. China will get their base(s), the US will say it is in the interest of "fair trade", and your countries resources will be shipped to a bunch of slant y eyed commies lighting their cigars with flaming capacitors, and drinking all YOUR rum. While the "starving masses" have weeds, and grubs to eat. It's disgusting!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()