Author Topic: Scarborough Shoals  (Read 7912 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Scarborough Shoals
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »
I am a STAY PUT kinda guy. Put up a "Boat Repairs" sign, kick back with my dogs, and wait for the Herbs to dry... Really just an apartment above a nice shop, a few lawn chairs, and I'm good to go.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »
and a computer....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:32 AM »
Figured I could make one out of coconut shells, and salt water.  Good call... I'd surely go stir crazy without my knowledge base.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
Stop selling everything to China. Boycot them! Sell for half the price to anyone else just not China. The US dollar built chinas economy into a world power, and now the results are being seen. Treat them like the bullies they are developing into.

This is simply not possible because they have the most money.

Brits were bullies of the past, USA are bullies of today and tomorrow there will be some other bullies. Probably multi-polar world with Russia, China and USA in the role of declining empire.

Walmart is the biggest corporation in the world. You'd have to shut down Walmart because it sells mostly Chinese goods. We, (the West) do not produce anything anymore and we depend on China now.

As the things progress, China that has its new economic power will soon ask for political power too. And military.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 04:21:59 AM »
I do know you are more right than wrong. I really have NO IDEA how to address such a situation. Boycotting sure did one hell of a job on Cuba tho... Same with Chili, and Panama, and African nations of all sorts. It is more a matter of People co operating, and getting used to doing with what they need vs what they want. IDK...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
China will implode on itself eventually. No way their infrastructure is going to hold up to its own demand and time itself. I give it 15 years. I'd like to move to Brazil or New Zealand. F'n gorgeous and stable. If I had no family here I would leave in a second.

BTW Croatia is a beautiful country too axy. Would like to visit someday.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:29:08 AM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 06:28:04 AM »
China will implode on itself eventually. No way their infrastructure is going to hold up to its own demand and time itself

You mean like the US? Or England? Or Mesopotamia? Or Persia? Or Rome? Or Egypt? Or well yeah. I do believe you are right.
Croatia is beautiful. So many temperate climate areas are... To bad I Hate the cold. Imagine the luck...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
You mean like the US? Or England? Or Mesopotamia? Or Persia? Or Rome? Or Egypt? Or well yeah. I do believe you are right.

Exactly!

And imagine the time, attention to detail, and effort that was paid building and planing those infrastructures compared to what the Chinese are doing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:10:33 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »
This is why I get so pissed off when one of the topics of an election year is gay marriage. Are we going to care about gay marriage when there's no running water, no sewage, no transit systems. Our bridges, roads, water supplies, and power grids are decaying and we're talking about gay marriage  >:(. These are the things that make the country work. Don't people realize where we would be without the trucking industry alone? Year 1890. No grocery stores, no gasoline, no Walmart. I'm sorry but Christianity should not be a part of our government. I honestly don't care if gay people get married, but why don't supporters of it realize there are much more important things to worry about right now. Suck it up. That's my new saying.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:23:56 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
China will implode on itself eventually. No way their infrastructure is going to hold up to its own demand and time itself. I give it 15 years. I'd like to move to Brazil or New Zealand. F'n gorgeous and stable. If I had no family here I would leave in a second.

BTW Croatia is a beautiful country too axy. Would like to visit someday.

The regime in China is holding back the demand. You cannot move and live where you want in China, they have a national registration system

I hope you are joking about moving to Brazil. Crime and slums all over the place. Rampant criminal. Not much better than Mexico.

Croatia is nice, but not so nice if you have to do business here. The highest taxation in the world, bureaucracy and declining local purchasing power.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »
This is why I get so pissed off when one of the topics of an election year is gay marriage. Are we going to care about gay marriage when there's no running water, no sewage, no transit systems. Our bridges, roads, water supplies, and power grids are decaying and we're talking about gay marriage  >:(. These are the things that make the country work. Don't people realize where we would be without the trucking industry alone? Year 1890. No grocery stores, no gasoline, no Walmart. I'm sorry but Christianity should not be a part of our government. I honestly don't care if gay people get married, but why don't supporters of it realize there are much more important things to worry about right now. Suck it up. That's my new saying.

And they have millions in funding studies on how fruit flies multiply...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
I think doing what I do works pretty well... Eat everyones brain. That way eventually I will be the smartest person. I'll have all the brains! Other than that there is really nothing any of us can do except quit caring. Maybe go slap an elderly person for fun but not much else to do.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
I might be old but I can still shoot, drive ships and what ever you or the PI needs. Just call and if I can figure out a way to get there I will help in any way.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
I might be old but I can still shoot, drive ships and what ever you or the PI needs. Just call and if I can figure out a way to get there I will help in any way.

Karl

Right on Karl!!!

We're not old, we're experienced with a nice patina. :D

If youre passing Scotland pick me up on the way, Vivo may be a pain in the ass but he's got Rum over there :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:10 AM »
I'LL WAIT FOR YOU GUYS!!  I'LL KEEP THE RUM COLD!!!

YES, WE'RE NOT OLD, JUST WISER...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()