Author Topic: How Close Are We?  (Read 3391 times)

Syl

• View Profile
How Close Are We?
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »
I often think and wonder about all the scooter owners as to where we are from each other, "how close are we"? So far I have found 2 scooter owners only several miles from my location. One owns a Burgman 400 and another a Yamaha 550. We've met and rode and talked over our units which proves interesting in many ways. So, with all the riders on this site, it would be good to find more area riders. I am located 23 miles N.E. of Pittsburgh, Natrona Heights near the Allegheny River. 3 miles from me is my dealer and service center, Gatto Cycle. I don't know how other scooter size Forums could read this sort of questioner but if any know how please pass on. Maybe if enough fairly close riders are within a certain area, we can get something going.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: How Close Are We?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
Um, yeah.

'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
I've seen on other forums where they have Google Maps set up so everyone can show their location. Anyone know how? It would be a nice resource to have if you are looking for someone in your area to ride with.
I'm in Columbus, OH.
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
It's probably a forum add-on/application, but we can always post links to our own made maps.

Most forums allow posting images in the signature line.. so I could have made the map 70x70px
and make a link that opens the full map on click.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 03:32:18 AM »
I've seen on other forums where they have Google Maps set up so everyone can show their location. Anyone know how? It would be a nice resource to have if you are looking for someone in your area to ride with.
I'm in Columbus, OH.

Lots of smartphone apps for this.. ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:41 AM »
Well if the Earth were this "O"... I am a little to the left, and a tiny bit above the middle. But if you were in Australia for example then It would be different. I would be more to the right, and still about the same as for the middle.
No wonder Columbus had such a hard time. It's hard to figure where you are in a circle.
It's much easier to say Carrabelle Florida.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »
No wonder Columbus had such a hard time. It's hard to figure where you are in a circle.

It was Nicolaus Copernicus' fault who told everybody the earth was round.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
I can't say where I'm at! I am currently hiding from the GOV and multiple charge card companies!............ :-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
Providence Rhode Island is my guess.,, We WILL get our money SIS!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 07:30:22 AM »

I Loved him in that movie "Face Off". "Con Air" was pretty good too. Shoulda kept the whole "round" deal to himself tho. Now everyone thinks it.  Pizzas round/ Raviollis are round/The Earth is round... What next... The Earth Moves, and we all don't fall off? Damn Italians...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 02:14:40 AM »

I Loved him in that movie "Face Off". "Con Air" was pretty good too. Shoulda kept the whole "round" deal to himself tho. Now everyone thinks it.  Pizzas round/ Raviollis are round/The Earth is round... What next... The Earth Moves, and we all don't fall off? Damn Italians...

Would you rather be a flat earther and fill your scoot with 85 octane because, they're all the same?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »
Actually I would HAVE to move to the other side of the coin. Flat Earthers are so friggin GAY!

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
We're not very close..heck I hardly know any of you... :)

With that being said I'm in Kansas City.  If you look at a map of the metro area as a clock, I'm at about 7.

My scooter shop of choice (and they're getting fewer and further between out here) is Scooter World of Overland Park, Kansas.

Don in KC.  Sure is hot today.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 01:08:30 AM »
My mother was born in Burlingame KS. Or maybe it's called Berlingame? I'm not sure as I don't have a map infront of me. Been there once, 50 years ago. Has it changed very much? ;) :-*

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 02:26:38 AM »
We all have 2 worlds....

The earth...

And Cyberspace....    We all communicate everyday but may never see each other till we kick the bucket.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()