Author Topic: DIY Android/Bluetooth Ignition project  (Read 1065 times)

shb

• View Profile
DIY Android/Bluetooth Ignition project
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just finished writing up about my hacks that I put on my Kymco ZX50 scooter on my blog at http://bradsprojects.wordpress.com .  It's a Bluetooth ignition controller that I put together for around $100 that can then connect to your Android smart phone.  It's actually pretty easy, and you could probably do it with just basic knowledge of wiring and soldering skills.  If you use the scripts I posted, no programming knowledge is needed either.

A Youtube demonstration video can be found here:

It can start/stop the scooter, and also pop the seat latch using an added on solenoid.  I can use either gesture controls with the accelerometer on the smart phone to send Bluetooth commands to the scooter, or it can use voice commands.  It's pretty cool commanding your scooter to start with just your voice.

Even though it's not particularly useful beyond not having to have your key with you, it was a lot of fun and impresses friends.  So I just thought I'd share it here.  If anyone is interested in this, let me know - I'd totally be willing to help you out.

Best,
Brad

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: DIY Android/Bluetooth Ignition project
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
Real cool set up Bro! I love the ideas.
I bought a "smart phone" several months ago, and unfortunately I had to kill it. It tried to tell my dogs to eat my cats... so I stomped it to death.
That is a real cool idea tho.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: DIY Android/Bluetooth Ignition project
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:47 AM »
I bought a "smart phone" several months ago, and unfortunately I had to kill it.

You should have mailed it to me instead... :'(

Any, I have more than 200 applications in my Android phone mostly Tools and References.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()