Author Topic: superkilla racing fan...for use with a soon to be dead 139QMB  (Read 2842 times)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
i just saw a post about wrong jets being posted and such but i have also had a similar problem about them saying "for 139QMB engine" i recently bought a "racing fan" apparently for use with a 139QMB engine. when i received it i found somthing quite worrying... the fins on the fan point in the opposite direction.. now common sense says that if they go in the opposite direction then they will have the opposite affect to what the oem part did, affectivly "sucking" any air out of the cooling shroud and allowing the engine to heat up hotter than the sun and eventually fail. now i do believe the fins should be sucking the air in and not out because it needs to suck air in to the shroud to cool the engine. so i am going to devise a little plan to make a RAM type air intake so i can deliver the maximum amount cooling air to a larger cylinder head. in theory this should work a treat and i wouldnt have to change the fan for an inferior backwards working i want to f*** your engine type fan. who agrees with me?
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: superkilla racing fan...for use with a soon to be dead 139QMB
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:24:16 AM »
..i've never seen a better aftermarket fan design, than what kymco oem offers...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 03:45:49 AM »
You mean like the duct in this pict?  With a duct to ram air in at speed you Must have an intake fan. If your fan blows the opposite direction it is of no concern untill you add a duct. The fan side has no ram effect on OEM so if the fan is puling air in from the other side it really makes no difference. Can you post a pict of the fan?
I just bought this one for the ram I have  http://www.racingplanetusa.com/cooling-naraku-racing-yellow-kymco-baotian-139qmb-p-358-1.html?sessID=aaa9d3f9247c33fc2815209157005863
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »
..yup..thatsa good fan...

``kymco oems have fins on their i.d. that direct airflowe onto the electricals...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:51:00 AM by wordslinger »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 03:52:22 AM »
These move alot more air. I had a cheap one I bought from Scooter Assains back in the day. It exploded in about a month but using a shop rag it would flutter around with the OEM fan on the outlet side. The new fan blew the rag across the shop.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »
.cheap fans suck ass..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »
It was hard plastic like a model car kit. The Naraku is nylon.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
Z the link you posted is of the same fan i bought (mines red) i thought the fan had to suck air in to then blow cool air around the cooling shroud. but am i right in thinking that because the fan is sucking air out would it still deliver any cooling to the engine? Or would the fan work better with a ram air intake design?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »
Z the link you posted is of the same fan i bought (mines red) i thought the fan had to suck air in to then blow cool air around the cooling shroud. but am i right in thinking that because the fan is sucking air out would it still deliver any cooling to the engine? Or would the fan work better with a ram air intake design?

The most important thing is that the flow must be complete meaning cold air in and hot air out. It doesn't matter if its a blow or suck (no pun intended). 

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
ah i see what you mean vivo. cool cool. i think without the scoop or anything to force cold air in its just blowing hot air out and leaving the engine to heat up but with the scoop the air will get forced in and the fan aswell as taking hot air out will flow the cold air around the engine better than the stock fan. i think i finally understand.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »
Yes, a complete process hot air out and cold air in..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:20:02 AM »
Keeps my old but warm too. The way that fan works is contrary to what you see. It actually blows the air out in the same direction as the oem. Just a HELL of alot more. Instead of deflecting air off the fins like OEM it grabs, and throws it. You'll see.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()