Author Topic: Any decent automotive TV shows on Stateside?  (Read 2729 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Any decent automotive TV shows on Stateside?
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »
Im in Scotland and there is nothing car or bike based on tv right now, Top Gear should be back in a few months hopefully but until then......

I usually download shows online from the US to watch when i find something decent, anything out there i could try?

Just finished watching Desert Car Kings series 1, saw the usual, Biker Build Off, Custom My Ride, Jesse James shows, Chasing Classic Cars, etc, so wondering if any of you watched anything else recently i can try?

Anything with engines  :) Cars, bikes, planes, classics, anything good really.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: Any decent automotive TV shows on Stateside?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »
There is a Top Gear US on History Channel now. I don't think it's quite as good as UK though. BBC America plays Top Gear UK all the time. I've seen almost all of them.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
There is a Top Gear US on History Channel now. I don't think it's quite as good as UK though. BBC America plays Top Gear UK all the time. I've seen almost all of them.

I saw a couple of series of US Top Gear, 1 & 2 & i think some of series 3, i was actually pleasantly surprised that it was pretty ok. Some of it was even good  :D Maybe theres some newer ones now i havent seen yet, i'll have a look later. Was looking for a Top Gear fix a while back and found Top Gear Austrailia, man, now that show sucks  ???

Anything with customizing, re-building or just about anything to do with classics, modern or race cars, bikes or cool machines? Love seeing experts fabricate or build amazing stuff out of a pile of rust or junk.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
Spike tv has a series of shows called horsepower tv every Saturday morning. Has several different shows, each sort of specializing things(4x4s, trucks, muscle cars). They really know their stuff.

Never seen Top Gear Australia although I have heard of it. Top Gear US first season has an episode called Americas Toughest Truck which is awesome. I've watched it probably 5-6 times and still love that one.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »
In my opinion there are no good REAL car shows on in the states.

I'd love to see a car show that told it like it is instead of you having to read between the lines about what is a rub with the reviewer and what is an actual piece of garbage.

I'm tired of hearing it lacks a little power only to read later it takes 14 sec to get to 60 MPH or that you might have some safety concerns only to find out they are reviewing a SMART for 2.

Then of course there are those reviewers that think the only thing worth driving costs 100 K and has a BMW emblem on the hood.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 11:28:32 PM »
I take their reviews with a pinch of salt, i just like the eye candy in those type of shows. Top Gear has some great camerawork too, better than some films, and i like the goofing around with Clarkson.

Even some of the dumbass shows can have some good points. I like seeing artists at work building a cool car or bike by hand, old school. Also love my classic cars and bikes too, much as i hate that little Wayne Carrini guy i like to se the barn finds and cool classics on Chasing Classic Cars, even tho every one is out my budget.

I even watched a show a while back called Pimp My Truck  :D . Total redneck show but some of the finished work was great so i could appreciate that.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:27 AM »
Decent??

Well... they still have their clothes on....

I watch them for the "entertainment" aspect only, nothing more...

I love it when cars are pimped in less than 30 minutes...  ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
All I watch is the Discovery Chanel. What ever is on. Beside that just Dl movies. Prometheus is a real good re make of Alien...
I use Tixati for Dloading, and Iso Hunt for most of the movies I watch
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
All I watch is the Discovery Chanel. What ever is on. Beside that just Dl movies. Prometheus is a real good re make of Alien...
I use Tixati for Dloading, and Iso Hunt for most of the movies I watch

I rarely watch live tv now, i usually record the few watchable things or download the series, then i dont need to watch the ads, or wait for a week between shows.

Usually use Isohunt or Demonoid, sometimes Kickass or Torrenthound.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »
The Brit show Wheeler Dealer on Velocity where they purchase a car cheaply and then do a "fix-up" not total restoration. After that they sell it on to make a profit. These are real world cars at real world prices Pretty good show..Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
There's a big, black hole where good moto-auto programming should be.
I'd love to view a series of a real racecar build-off by real and talented technicians and engineers. 
Not the chromed erection stuff with attitude and no technical merit.  What can I learn from these numbnuts, except what not to say and how not to behave.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »
Wheeler Dealers is one of my fave shows Big Blue, seen them all, good shows. Cant wait for a new series of that.

Gregs, know what you mean but i think its all moved on a fair bit from the bad and nasty days of Pimp My Ride lol,  "He likes guitars, soooooooo.......i was thinking we can use a rear guitar as a steering wheel and fit a bubble machine in the exaust just like a rock star" *slaps head in agony*

I liked the Chip Foose shows, that guy is talented as are a few others. I think most of the idiotic ones have been sussed out by now and kicked off air.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 02:32:11 AM »
I rarely watch live tv now, i usually record the few watchable things or download the series, then i dont need to watch the ads, or wait for a week between shows.

Usually use Isohunt or Demonoid, sometimes Kickass or Torrenthound.

My son downloads all these stuff and movies, transfers all to the multi-media player, the I watch them... ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »
Usually use Isohunt or Demonoid, sometimes Kickass or Torrenthound. ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 05:59:10 AM »
I love to watch Foose draw...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()