Author Topic: Who gets to marry next?  (Read 5879 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Who gets to marry next?
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
Homosexuals will no doubt win the right to marry at some point, when will Mormons win the right to practice their religion it it's purest form, you know having more then 1 wife etc?
 I can see them making the argument, and to me it's as valid as that of homosexuals.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Who gets to marry next?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
Its not as valid as the Homosexuals right, mormons can already marry, maybe not as many times as they would like but they still can marry, homosexuals cannot yet. Religion cannot dictate law, common sense and values do. Tje day we give in and run our countries by religious laws is the day we are all totally f***ed. I dont want Sharia law and i dont want christian law, i want laws based on common sense, rational and facts please.

Who the hell wants 6-7 wives anyway? Ones enough for me, imagine 7 wives nagging you to get the chores done, no thanks. If these fools want to believe in Mormonism or whatever religion then go ahead, let em. Hell even let them marry as many times as they want, i have no problem with that at all, thats their choice or their churches choice, gov should stay out of it, in the same way they should stay out of stopping gays marry. Let each individual church or place of worship or organisation, civil building that holds marriages decide if they want to allow it, if they do then fine. No probs.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
Had me on all of the following important and humorous points.

"Its not as valid as the Homosexuals right, mormons can already marry, maybe not as many times as they would like but they still can marry, homosexuals cannot yet. Religion cannot dictate law, common sense and values do. The day we give in and run our countries by religious laws is the day we are all totally f***ed. I dont want Sharia law and I dont want christian law, I want laws based on common sense, rational and facts only.  Who the hell wants 6-7 wives anyway? One's enough for me.  Imagine seven wives nagging you to get the chores done, no thanks. If these fools want to believe in Mormonism or whatever religion then go ahead, let em."
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
08087 you must be a fascinating  person, sadly I can't participate in any of your threads, since they are mostly fire bombs, so enjoy the thread.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
Homosexuals will no doubt win the right to marry at some point, when will Mormons win the right to practice their religion it it's purest form, you know having more then 1 wife etc?
 I can see them making the argument, and to me it's as valid as that of homosexuals.

They could try preaching in the Middle East, it is possible to have many wives there. However, I am not sure they would be welcome.

We've had mormons in Croatia for a long time, and in the past decade I regularly see young guys, 18-19 yrs. old, wearing name tags and old peoples' clothes, walking around the city, they are called "elders" or something. I was never stopped by them so I do not know exactly what they do or what their story is (unlike Jehovah witnesses). Watched a documentary recently about some magic underwear they use and things like that.. I know it is a "religion" in USA but it sounds just like another cult to me.

Btw. this documentary is OK if you want to have a good laugh. It is available on torrent sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_sex_in_chains_case
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
But it is a valid argument in this sense, the church and state in the USA are supposed to be separate. If that is in fact true I can see the mormons or other religious faction making an argument for their rights under their religion.

Sentinex, I am a fasinating mind, what I do is comment on most of the thoughts that pop into my head. As you can tell I don't always think them through, but I like to hear what others think of my thoughts. And by the way, by commenting you did participate

So the mormon thing was just an example, what other religious faction will now step up and say they want to be recognized by law and get certain rights? The mormons were first to come to mind.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
If that is in fact true I can see the mormons or other religious faction making an argument for their rights under their religion.

Wont happen, the law of the land over-rides all religious text.  There would be mayhem if every religion wanted to live by their own religious laws, nothing could function.

John Saffron says it all for me, love this dude  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
But it is a valid argument in this sense, the church and state in the USA are supposed to be separate. If that is in fact true I can see the mormons or other religious faction making an argument for their rights under their religion.

Sentinex, I am a fasinating mind, what I do is comment on most of the thoughts that pop into my head. As you can tell I don't always think them through, but I like to hear what others think of my thoughts. And by the way, by commenting you did participate

So the mormon thing was just an example, what other religious faction will now step up and say they want to be recognized by law and get certain rights? The mormons were first to come to mind.

This depends on the country. In Germany, for example, there is a church tax paid just by believers. In Hungary, there was an inflation of "religions" and lately they have introduced stricter rules what is a religion because people used to register religious congregations just to get money from the government. If I am informed correctly, the government in USA is not giving money to various churches, movements or sects.

In Croatia, the government gives money to churches in proportion to their size and number of believers. We also have a contract with Vatican and give to Catholic church around 55 mil US$ annually. This may sound as a small amount, but this is the only church that has this type of contract with the state, since 1998. To give more perspective, my country is a tourist country with 16 % of revenue from tourism. The money we are giving to Vatican is 50 % more than the budget of Ministry of tourism. Croatian scientific press, all magazines together, are financed with less than 2 mil. US$/year, 27 x LESS than money we DONATE to a guy in Gucci shoes with large white hat wearing gold stitched cape sitting on a throne claiming he has special knowledge about beings living in the sky above clouds. Am I missing something here? Is our science as an engine of the economy completely irrelevant compared to fairy tales?

However, we are the most catholic country in Europe along with Poland, Vatican is our lobbyist in EU, blah blah.

(you could not say I am an atheist, right?)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:04:00 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »
I hear there's a special level of Hell for atheists, and the torment is indescribable.

Apropos, no?
Albuquerque, New Mexico

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
I hear there's a special level of Hell for atheists, and the torment is indescribable.

I work for Italian company, can't be worse.
I am ready.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
Prepare to meet your Macchiavelli.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
God and religion will be my next topic.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »

Apropos, no?

Bah! Hearsay is inadmissable as proof or evidence. Who cares, enjoy this life now, its probably the only one you'll ever get  :)

Besides they cant ALL be the one "true" religion can they............sooner we all evolve outta relying on some magical spacegod the better.

Expect serious fireworks 08 if you go down that road, those conversations always end up in a shouting match.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:29:40 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:19 PM »
Axy,
In the US, churchs pay little or no taxes, basically tax supported religion(s) of all persuations.  We also have right-wing political movements shrouded as religious groups and preachers/rabbis/priests/etc. preaching political positions from the pulpit.  Low lifes...
There is a very slow death happening within organized religion.  Some religious groups use their "beliefs", with no scientific evidence, to hold down freedom for minorities of all kinds.
The sooner we move on beyond religion, the better.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550