Author Topic: changed the main jet and scooter no longer accelarates  (Read 3731 times)

mono

• View Profile
Re: changed the main jet and scooter no longer accelarates
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »
Oh, and check your fuel tank for stuff that doesn't belong there. A good way to check is to take the fuel line from the carb and drain a liter or so in a large, clean glass jar and check for particles or different coloured liquid (sand / rust / water / gum) at the bottom.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »
I guess you also checked the obvious such as your brake is binding on? Prob wont be that but worth spinning the wheels to make sure they spin freely.

Also i take it you def checked the numbers stamped on the jets? Prob not that either tho since i guess ypu already had used the 82 previously and it was fine.

Wheres Zombie and Word when you need them  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kopis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »
Kopis- Could you post a picture of your carb setup so we could take a look? I see things better with pictures than with words, no pun intended...

Im not sure what you mean...want me to remove the carb , open it and take a picture? or the carb as a whole?

kopis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »
I guess you also checked the obvious such as your brake is binding on? Prob wont be that but worth spinning the wheels to make sure they spin freely.

Also i take it you def checked the numbers stamped on the jets? Prob not that either tho since i guess ypu already had used the 82 previously and it was fine.

Wheres Zombie and Word when you need them  :-\

I have checked everything possible and impossible...anyway I ordered some carb cleaning solution, i will try to clean the damn thing and will let you know the outcome...thank everyone :)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
I have checked everything possible and impossible...anyway I ordered some carb cleaning solution, i will try to clean the damn thing and will let you know the outcome...thank everyone :)

A lot of folk swear Seafoam is great stuff, i cant get it here but its meant to clean out the system well and it just goes in your fuel tank.

Wordslinger or Zombie usually check in so they might have some ideas tonight if theyre on.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »
there never here when you need em most  :'( there almost like mother and father of the forum. or would Axy be the mother and father??
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()