Author Topic: Does God exist? If so/not explain  (Read 5089 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Does God exist? If so/not explain
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
People we are all about to express an opinion on this topic, none of us has any "FACT" cause if we did there would be no question, so lets keep it civil and respectful.

Personally I doubt the existance of a God, at least in it's usual sense. You know the stuff about all those killed during wars doesn't sit well with me. Most of those that were killed in war were poor slobs or working stiffs like you and me, not bad people, just doing what we were told to do. Not to mention all those civilians that are and still get killed every day. A God of my making would never allow that. I don't buy that it's all a test etc...

And for those of you that think God will strike me down dead or I'll burn in hell for not having faith, I think not, my God will forgive my errors and mistakes for my God is a loving caring God and he loves me most (if there is a God at all).

Next!~
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Does God exist? If so/not explain
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:46:39 AM »
Oh my God!
and Holy Sh*t 080, this is too far....

Our logical minds need to confirm what our senses tell us. If we see what looks like an apple, smells like an apple, feels like an apple, etc. then it's an apple. The margin of error would be small like if its a fake apple. If we see an unusual act or trick that our minds cannot figure out, we automatically call it "magic", "miracle" if it's good, or "devil's act" if not. We have to do this, otherwise we will be left hanging.... If we later know how this "magic" trick is being done, then we will not think of it as magic when performed again.  Before, when volcanoes erupt, people cannot understand why... so, the nearest explanation is "the God is angry" Now, when volcanoes erupt, we know why... and it's not God.

God is what the people of this world made up to fill in answers to questions that cannot be logically answered before and even now.  When science begins to answer these question, God, disappears.

So, is there a God? Yes? we all have Gods! Your God is different from my God. You can make your own God if you want! That's why different cultures have different God figures!  God makes us focus! An atheist may not believe in any God but he has something that he believes in that may be considered his own God.

My opinion... ;)

I know your next topic.... Santa and the Easter Bunny.....

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:55:59 AM by Vivo »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »
People we are all about to express an opinion on this topic, none of us has any "FACT" cause if we did there would be no question, so lets keep it civil and respectful.

Personally I doubt the existance of a God, at least in it's usual sense. You know the stuff about all those killed during wars doesn't sit well with me. Most of those that were killed in war were poor slobs or working stiffs like you and me, not bad people, just doing what we were told to do. Not to mention all those civilians that are and still get killed every day. A God of my making would never allow that. I don't buy that it's all a test etc...

And for those of you that think God will strike me down dead or I'll burn in hell for not having faith, I think not, my God will forgive my errors and mistakes for my God is a loving caring God and he loves me most (if there is a God at all).

Next!~

Couldn`t care less about God.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
If god existed he'd keep this forum about FRAKING SCOOTERS

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

Frake = Combination of frape and fake

(urban dictionary)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
God created man and woman and gave them free will to chose what they do. He issued basic instructions to the two we know about. they exercised their free will to disobey at least one of the basic instructions and then paid the consequences.

Wars are created by the ruling classes exercising their free will to accomplish something THEY want. They use the little people to fight them and die for whatever cause, real or imagined, that is outlined by the biggies. Following orders is the lot of the little people no matter how heinous the orders may be. That is why in this country's Oath of Office is says we are to obey LAWFUL ORDERS. However, disobeying an unlawful order puts the conscientious in jeopardy since he will undoubtedly face prosecution.  But his mission is to not execute people just because his Hauptman said so.

Our mission is to gain the Kingdom of Heaven and there are things we must do. And not do. This will be pointless if you do not believe Heaven exists.

I had a godless thermodynamics instructor prove that God exists by pointing out that things in the world and the universe are continuously cooling down. Some "outside influence" had to make differences in temperature and/or energy to begin with. To create a starting point. He, himself did not believe God existed but admitted that the foregoing gave strong evidence He does exist. This all made great sense to a student engineer.

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »

That was worth a good belly laugh! Very nice!!! ;D
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
About FREE WILL, To click or not to click, that is the question.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
Maybe!
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »
Do any gods exist outside of our own consciousness?  Dude, you have no idea how many chen=mically enhanced "revelations" I have had in my earlier days contemplating just this.

Now that the acid and mushrooms (and assorted other fun chemicals) have left my body and mind, actually a lot of years ago, I have reached a conclusion on this matter:

WHO CARES!!! Get over it and go for a ride!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »
Do any gods exist outside of our own consciousness?  Dude, you have no idea how many chen=mically enhanced "revelations" I have had in my earlier days contemplating just this.

Now that the acid and mushrooms (and assorted other fun chemicals) have left my body and mind, actually a lot of years ago, I have reached a conclusion on this matter:

WHO CARES!!! Get over it and go for a ride!

Care to share a few of those revelations? I never got into the drug mix, having an older brother that did scared me off.

I'll be going for a ride in about 45 min. Thanks for the suggestion of the ride, never a bad time for one.

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 01:30:43 AM »
The biggest was really, it doesn't matter.  Wether any gods are just in our own imagination or not, if your faith brings you peace and happiness (and it doesn't require you to force it on other people) go for it.  Does it matter or not if it's real if it brings people peace of mind?

Now religion is another story.  No one has the right to try and force their religious beliefs and opinions on anyone else, and if you really think that several thousand old tales trying to explain phenomenia that we have since explained equate to science, you are sorely misinformed, ignorant, and should not be in any position to make decisions about anyone's education.

There it is, the difference between spirituality and religion...clear enough?

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
The biggest was really, it doesn't matter.  Wether any gods are just in our own imagination or not, if your faith brings you peace and happiness (and it doesn't require you to force it on other people) go for it.  Does it matter or not if it's real if it brings people peace of mind?

I like, very much, well said.

Now religion is another story.  No one has the right to try and force their religious beliefs and opinions on anyone else, and if you really think that several thousand old tales trying to explain phenomenia that we have since explained equate to science, you are sorely misinformed, ignorant, and should not be in any position to make decisions about anyone's education.

There it is, the difference between spirituality and religion...clear enough?

I myself have little use for "religion", it's more a drug for the masses thing if you were to ask me. At a point in time I could see it's value, but today, nope not much for those that have any degree of smarts.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »
Maybe!

Aw c'mon pimpy...   that's a terrorist!!!

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »

I have to agree with Dolemite on this one.
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()