Author Topic: regulation-requires-oil-refiners-use-millions-gallons-fuel-that-is-nonexistent/  (Read 3155 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/21/regulation-requires-oil-refiners-use-millions-gallons-fuel-that-is-nonexistent/
EPA blasted for requiring oil refiners to add type of fuel that's merely hypothetical
By Jim Angle
Published June 21, 2012
FoxNews.com
Federal regulations can be maddening, but none more so than a current one that demands oil refiners use millions of gallons of a substance, cellulosic ethanol, that does not exist.
"As ludicrous as that sounds, it's fact," says Charles Drevna, who represents refiners. "If it weren't so frustrating and infuriating, it would be comical."
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
More Fox "news"  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
More Fox "news"  :D

And that means what, that because it's FOX it's just not true?

I could say the same thing about what comes out of Obama's mouth.... Transparency! What a Maroon.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

streido

• View Profile

I could say the same thing about what comes out of Obama's mouth.... Transparency! What a Maroon.

Fox, and in fact the whole Murdoch empire, are well known for alarmist headlines and spinning "news" stories from minor or out of context facts. We all know it and the recent phone hacking scandal only shows what low-life scumbags they all are, i dont even trust them when they tell me the date  :D

It got nothing to do with Obama or who-ever, every government has laws or legislation in place which doesnt work or has been forgotten about for some reason, some new, some old.

This is just propaganda, a non-story,  a fox arcticle designed as usual to pander to right-wing voters and make the Gov look bad, same old fox news.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Fox, and in fact the whole Murdoch empire, are well known for alarmist headlines and spinning "news" stories from minor or out of context facts. We all know it and the recent phone hacking scandal only shows what low-life scumbags they all are, i dont even trust them when they tell me the date  :D

It got nothing to do with Obama or who-ever, every government has laws or legislation in place which doesnt work or has been forgotten about for some reason, some new, some old.

This is just propaganda, a non-story,  a fox arcticle designed as usual to pander to right-wing voters and make the Gov look bad, same old fox news.

Do you really think the NY Times prints "All the news that's fit to print"? Please they slant their stories to fit the left wing groups, do I need to pull up their mishaps?

Vivo

• View Profile

streido

• View Profile
Do you really think the NY Times prints "All the news that's fit to print"? Please they slant their stories to fit the left wing groups, do I need to pull up their mishaps?
[/quote
Never read it or any US paper, dont live there and not American.

Fox is laughed at around the world, apart from in the US, they dont report news, they are a right-wing propaganda machine, thats all they do.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

dudley

• View Profile
Actually if you do the research you will find that only one real study has been done( by a liberal magazine), and they found fox to be the most fair and balanced, but not by much. I'll look for the link.
Ignore the non news crap like oreilly and hannity, and use your head and you can figure it out.
Or just listen to the liberal rags and pretend they are balanced if that makes you feel better.
Love the people that decry fox but ignore the fact hat virtually every other news source has historically been left leaning. Have you not noticed they always support the liberal candidate, it's not a just a coincidence.
2010 super 8 150  red/black
bought march 2011
4000 miles march 2012
dr pulley variator w/stock weights
top speed 61.5mph  gps verified

streido

• View Profile
I dont need a study or report to tell me its not real news on fox, i just need to watch it for 10mins. News is meant to be unbias and factual, not have an underlying agenda which fox has.

Watch it if you want, makes no odds to me  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
Actually if you do the research you will find that only one real study has been done( by a liberal magazine), and they found fox to be the most fair and balanced, but not by much. I'll look for the link.
Ignore the non news crap like oreilly and hannity, and use your head and you can figure it out.
Or just listen to the liberal rags and pretend they are balanced if that makes you feel better.
Love the people that decry fox but ignore the fact hat virtually every other news source has historically been left leaning. Have you not noticed they always support the liberal candidate, it's not a just a coincidence.

I'll try to keep this short and not rant.  Organizations that regularly release finding on Media accuracy and bias -  Pew Research Institute, PIPA - Program on International Policy Attitudes, Media Matter, FAIR - Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, and AIM - Accuracy in Media.  Of these Media Matters and FAIR are open about being liberal organizations.  AIM is also open about being a conservative organization - releases it's reports every 2 months, and encourages it's readers to protest any reported liberal bias to their local news outlets.  Several universities have all released studies on media accuracy and bias. 

Spend 15 minutes on the internet looking at these results and the conclusion is clear - in the US we are exposed to more bias in our news and are less well informed as a result.  In fact, one study by PIPA showed that watchers of the Jon Stewart show (he is a comedian who comments on the news) are better informed than viewers of either FOX news or MSNBC.

By the way, FOX's Bill O'Reilly has openly stated that he and his organization are conservative-leaning in their reporting, just as MSNBC has acknowledged that they have developed their programing to attract liberal viewers.  We as viewers need to use our brains to filter out the crap - it's like watching reality t.v. and expecting it to actually be real.

Sorry, if I ranted.

Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Never read it or any US paper, dont live there and not American.

Fox is laughed at around the world, apart from in the US, they dont report news, they are a right-wing propaganda machine, thats all they do.

That still does not make the story untrue, you've shown zero evidence that the story is made up, false or otherwise inaccurate.

The NY Times which is supposed to be the most trustworthy paper of all is guilty of unreporting news, but the liberal controlled media won't tell you that.

News agencies have even stated publicly that they don't report certain aspects of the news because they don't want to make (that segment) of the population look bad. I'm not sure how the facts can make anyone look bad, I thought the actions of a person or group made them look good or bad depending on their respective actions.

Funny who a person that never sees our media has such an opinion of it.

Personally I think all major media in the US sucks, but you can read between the lines and figure out what’s what.

streido

• View Profile
 NY Times which is supposed to be the most trustworthy paper of all is guilty of unreporting news, but the liberal controlled media won't tell you that     

It was certainly reported over here in the newspaper i read. 90% of newspapers make sh** up to sell their rags, some are just worse than others.

Funny who a person that never sees our media has such an opinion of it     

I have cable so i get your "news" shows here, if i want to watch them i can, but i dont, unless i want a laugh.

Also i never said it was untrue, i said it was a non-story, which it is. I would bet this regulation was agree ages ago on the advice of scientific or energy advisors who said the stuff would be available now. The regulation would i guess be to make the oil companies comply with gov's wishes and would allow time for them to adapt to the change. I guess for whatever reason theyre not ready, or the technology isnt ready more likely. Not anyones fault but the advisors imo. Its a minor issue. Who cares?

Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Who cares?

I guess you do because you keep responding.

streido

• View Profile
LMAO, yeah thats right, i care so much about it, doubt i'll sleep tonight.

You asked me to explain, i explained. Sorry i didnt do it in crayon for you  :-\

Whatever. I'll let you post in peace from now on then, you obviously only want opinions and replies that suit you and your agenda. Add me to the ban list, along with J.P, Juice, Wordslinger, etc, etc.

Have a good one  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
LMAO, yeah thats right, i care so much about it, doubt i'll sleep tonight.

You asked me to explain, i explained. Sorry i didnt do it in crayon for you  :-\

Whatever. I'll let you post in peace from now on then, you obviously only want opinions and replies that suit you and your agenda. Add me to the ban list, along with J.P, Juice, Wordslinger, etc, etc.

Have a good one  :)

Dude, chill out. I have no agenda and I don't mind oposing opinions as long as you can back up your statements. What makes you think I have anyone on my "Banned" list, I've sent and received e-mails from more then one member and have no real problem with anyone. One member asked that I don't name him/her and I won't, as long as they hold up their end of our bargain.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()