Author Topic: Dr. Pulley vs. Malossi  (Read 12292 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Pulley vs. Malossi
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »
..the 2t yellow spring is stiffer than the 4t blue...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »
..wish i knew what hp nina is generating...

I'm sure that the police will gladly tell you xD

Joke aside, then you could problably visit one the garages, which check cars and ask them to check the hp for you. ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Run it down to Josh! I'm sure he would love to run it on the Dyno for you! I don't know what he charges but a 50 dollar bill sounds fair for a 1/2hr on the dyno! When we do the Carrabelle thing I would LOVE to bring mine up for a base line run.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »
..the 2t yellow spring is stiffer than the 4t blue...

I know that is correct. Just yesterday I compared the two on a bathroom scale. My 4t has a Blue that was installed when I got it. I compared it to my old Malossi yellow, and the yellow is 6lbs heavier. The blue read 36 compressed the yellow is 42.
Purple 2t is 51, blue 2t is 62, red 2t is 85. These are the 107mm springs from Malossi. Others are different
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I know that is correct. Just yesterday I compared the two on a bathroom scale. My 4t has a Blue that was installed when I got it. I compared it to my old Malossi yellow, and the yellow is 6lbs heavier. The blue read 36 compressed the yellow is 42.
Purple 2t is 51, blue 2t is 62, red 2t is 85. These are the 107mm springs from Malossi. Others are different

... And how hard were they each then? :D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »
Between chubby, and full on  ;)

acrab78

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
Just an update on the topic.... Bought the malossi multivar from racing planet. Shipping has been interesting just like kenho21.
Hopefully it will come sometime soon, their website said they had it here in the united states but then they sent me an email saying they had to ship it from Germany. Luckily I am a fisherman and am pretty patient!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »
It's the same story all over the web about them, and the shipping. Alot of people won't deal there anymore. I'm fine with it but I have time, and learned to wait for parts.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »
..yeah, they peaked a cpl months ago...

acrab78

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 02:34:38 AM »
Yeah I figured it would be a decent wait.... Like I said I have learned patients and besides they killed everyone else on their prices.
So hopefully worth the wait!  8)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
..if you can wait, it's worth it i reckon...

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »
Bummer, when I ordered mine I received the same email, but when I emailed them they said it was available in the US. Luck of the draw I guess or hopefully their just wrong.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 05:15:48 AM »
That's the point... They f***ing LIE! I've called them out on it. They lowered my cost my 10%. The wait won't change but price... That's another story. I'm setting up w/ MRP as well. They drop ship so it may work out for everyone.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
I've heard mixed things about MRP... as far as dealing with supplier customer service and stuff.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 04:15:07 AM »
The only issue with MRP comes when a buyer dosent accept the package or misses the delivery. The package is returned, and the seller has to pay the shipping/re-stock. Lots of on line parts sellers have failed because of this, and then they bitch about MRP.
Hell even Racing Planet may be a ploy , and really selling MRP> Who knows... I just have to fill the paper work, and email it back. With drop shipping I may be able to help save some money for everyone. The other shops I have to pay double shipping, and it cuts into the savings.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()