Author Topic: Headlight change  (Read 2080 times)

supershrink

• View Profile
Headlight change
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
I have a 2010 with 14000 miles and no problems except a burned out low beam.Anybody know how to do it? Pics would help.This is a much better forum than the the other Kymco Forum that lumps every model together.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
Re: Headlight change
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
There is only one bulb, it does high and low, unless you are talking about the side running lights.  I believe to change the main bulb you remove the panel just above it, it has three screws with Allen type heads on it, I'm only guessing, I've never done it before, but that's how it looks to get to the main bulb.

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
A headlight can be an important part of your vehicle. Whether it's evening or dark climate, you will need to see what you're driving towards. So examine around different vehicle equipments sites for best company's headlight.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
Did you swap the bulb, I can tell you how to to it, I had all the front plastic off today.  It's slightly a pain.

supershrink

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »
 :( Finally figured out how to get at the headlight bulb and changed it. Today, the new bulb low beam went out after only a few hours of use. >:(Anybody else having this problem? Have had many scooters and never had to change a headlight before!Also anybody know where to get a stock drive belt at a decent price? Only ones I can find are kevlar for $129!

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
I got my new drivebelt from StadiumYamaha.com
Kymco, Part #23100-LEA6-900, $52.99 each

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
Super, also try 2wheelspro.com as their belt is a little less than stadium's and no, I do not know what the shipping is.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

FastDraw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
Can someone confirm that the way to replace the front headlight is by removing the remove the panel just above it with the three screws with Allen type heads on it? 

I'm buying this guy!: http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=15962/353.0.1.1

supershrink

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
You will also have to take a whole bunch of screws from the other side ,and a couple of nuts and bolts. The whole front plastic panel can then be lifted off after you disconnect all of the connectors. Its way more complicated then it should be.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()