Author Topic: What do you think of the Super 8 ?  (Read 10538 times)

RockyHa

• View Profile
What do you think of the Super 8 ?
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:54:21 PM »
Hi
We have been considering up grading to  125 or 150cc scooters for those higher miles weekend trips. We like what we have seen in the Kymco line and are considering People 150s but wondering about the Super 8. We would like a little more floorboard room than the People 150 offers and of course the price makes the Super 8 attractive. Unfortunately the only dealer in this area doesn't have any Super 8's. So what do yah think of yours with regard to fit, finish, reliability, comfort, stuff like that.

TNX
Rocky

andrito

• View Profile
Re: What do you think of the Super 8 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
Hi Rocky:

I bought my 2009 Super 8, 150cc a couple of months ago, and I love it.  I don't know how the floorboard space compares to the People model, but there is sufficient space for my size 12 shoes!  Top speed is about 65 MPH.  The only issue that I have had so far, is that my instrument cluster fogs up after a rain. 

Andy

RockyHa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:30:58 PM »
TNX Andy sounds like there is more foot room as to get my size 12s on the people floor it is either heals or toes out. LOL

Top speed isn't a real big issue we would just like to be able to cruse at 45 ish where there is no place to let other traffic by and a little more grunt for the hills. We are planning a ride from Maine to Nova Scotia this summer. We could do it on the 50cc bikes by running down to the coast and catch the ferry over, but it would be more fun to ride all the way.

I wonder if other folks have a problem with fogging in the instrument cluster? One of my other concerns is the Kymco rear racks appear to be plastic and I am wondering how they stand you over time. We carry camping gear on our weekend outings so we need a good rack.

TNX
Rocky

andrito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:28 PM »
Rocky:

The fogging issue will be covered under warranty soon, I hope.  The rear rack is not plastic, but aluminum, and quite thick and sturdy.  I have mounted a rear trunk on mine, so I know how thick the aluminum was, when I was drilling.  It looks quite nice acturally.  Coud send you a picture, if you'd like to see it.  Andy  andrew54915@yahoo.com

RockyHa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »
Thanks again Andy. I had read a post that the poster had drilled his rack to install a top box and that it was plastic. I was quite surprised because the People rack at the dealers I looked at appeared to be aluminum. I am glad to hear that it is as it resolves one of my concerns.

Rocky

Kerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »
I've had mine 2 days and I cant keep off of it.  It's stable and comfortable.  Just cant figure out what those two bulbs in front of the headlights are for.

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
My instrument panel fogs up also.  Next time I am close to my dealer I am going to ask him about it.  I have been very pleased so far with my Supa 8, getting more comfortable on it and learning how to get the performance out of it.  I guess my only complaint I would have is the seat, my rear end hurts after driving for a while!!!  Eventually I will pick up a trunk for it, but so far I have not had a need.

Kerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »
Is there a larger windshield for the Super 8 150?  I cant seam to find one on the Kymco site.  Would make cruising better in the fall.

jmccoach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
Well, I finally got to ride in the rain... and thunder, lightning and wind. I had no fogging issues on the instruments. I was surprised how well the scoot handled in that storm. I hope the instrument panel continues to work well.

Have everyone elses fogging instruments been resolved through warranty?

gonesouthern

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »
No fogging problems with mine in the FL. humidity but the clock is not working properly. It will not let you correct it since day one. Dealer said would have factory send new head but have heard nothing form either one yet...

I did a lot of research on scooters and found this 150 to be the best handling and riding of all. It is very stable with the 14" tires and very forgiving with the bumps so all in all Im very happy with it...

jmccoach

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »
Funny thing about the clock. I couldn't set it for anything. I had it in for the initial service and they set it for me without me even asking. But, the date is not set. Must be some kind of problem with it.

Anyone change tires yet? So far, I like the ones on it for handling, especially in the water on rainy days.

shizim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »
no complaints here. i got a green/black super 8 150 about two months ago. its been really crappy weather up here  (Boston) so i haven't been able to ride it much only 500 or so miles.

i don't have a fogging issue.

i am so glad i got one though. i used to ride a 50cc vento triton. im a big guy (250+lbs) so getting up hills on that was a chore. i would say the biggest thing i noticed about the difference is the handling of the 14 inch tires. when i get back on the triton (my wife rides it now) i feel like i am going to die.

its 150+ for life now.

Darminon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
"Is there a larger windshield for the Super 8 150?  I cant seam to find one on the Kymco site.  Would make cruising better in the fall."

I'm looking for a windshield also. I heard that clearview shields makes custom ones, but I just got a reply from them this morning that they do not currently make one for this model...

I did find a picture of a guy on a super 8 that had some kind of windshield add on that I would be very interested in buying, but I don't know who he is or where he got it. Attached is the pic, obtained from a kymco Philippines forum.

mookie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 01:45:11 AM »
My instrument panel fogs up also.  Next time I am close to my dealer I am going to ask him about it.  I have been very pleased so far with my Supa 8, getting more comfortable on it and learning how to get the performance out of it.  I guess my only complaint I would have is the seat, my rear end hurts after driving for a while!!!  Eventually I will pick up a trunk for it, but so far I have not had a need.

+1 on the seat- as compared to the wifes more comfy People 150 at least...

speedy08

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »
 picked mine up last friday, more fun then my sport bike,  the seat is kinda funny being sloped down I may cut it out a bit so I can sit in the bike, I also lost the back cover on the muffler I'll see if the dealer will replace it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()