Author Topic: opinions on the stage 6 clutch  (Read 5285 times)

acrab78

• View Profile
opinions on the stage 6 clutch
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
Ok thinking about dropping a littlw money in the scoot and getting a stage 6 clutch and clutch bell...
This is the one with the clutch springs mounted in reverse.... Just figure the stock clutch is junky after changing its springs etc...
Is the stage 6 a good one for the money etc or would another one be better for less money?

Will also be changing out the stock variator at the same time. Opinions on this or the molossi multivar is king here???

Looking for more power up hills and decent top speed. Rider is 220lbs.  right now 50mph downhill and 40-45 flats. Drops to 20-30 uphill

Thanks!

blue

• View Profile
Re: opinions on the stage 6 clutch
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
sounds like your doing good now with the speed not much more you can do.I picked up a used gy6 scoot motor and took the clutch off and im useing it on my agilty . its harder for the bigger riders to
make scoots go faster. best thing for ya is a bigger scoot 125 or bigger. or a 70 kit.but then you are putting stress on the drive train.

acrab78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »
Yeah I know its still a 50 cc just trying to see if it is worth justifying a couple hundred bucks or so for upgrades

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »
..i ran the stage6 mkII clutch in my 09 a50 and loved it!!!

..that's an awesome clutch...i ran it in both my s9s for a while as well...

..it's infinately adjustable, and once you get a good feel for it, you can dial, i mean really dial-in your takeoff..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:29:46 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:05 AM »
Yeah I know its still a 50 cc just trying to see if it is worth justifying a couple hundred bucks or so for upgrades
Me my self I would just do the little up grades cut cdi jets and rollers. and if you wana try open air filter to. a 15000 clutch  spring will do the trick. but yet again if you got the cash go for it unless you have a budget director in the house.

acrab78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:40:37 AM »
Yeah have pretty much done all those cut cdi 1500spring messing with rollers too but bought 5g and they sucked in my scoot so put the stock ones back in...

Just seems like the stock clutch looks cheap and even a decent naraku would be better.... Dunno if it would make much of a difference...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »
It makes a huge difference in the power you feel. Set one (clutch) really high, and you will have a feel for how adjustable they are. I ran a malossi clutch/var for years, and had NO issues at all. I recently switched to Jassil for thee var, and stage 6 mk2 for the clutch, and I can tell you the Jassil did 4-5mph better top end than the malossi. It's five I never had for free.
The clutch I haven't run yet but I already see it is better built than the Malossi Delta, and has much more user friendly tunning. I'd recommend them.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
..me too...recommend one, IF you got a lil patience and want to really do some cvt tuning...

..z, i'm running the delta in my s9 now, one click outta max...thinking of trying that next click...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »
I started at the highest of all settings, and red flies. Wound up with blue/and stayed maxed on the clips and weight. That's the Malossi... I haven't tried the stg6 yet. Plan on doing much the same... Start with red, and all the weights installed...screws all the way tight. Start by loosening the screws to see where it all ties together. I'm actually trying to set up a home brew dyno. Just a roller set up, and a laptop... I'll have alot of tuning to do.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 04:02:34 AM »
...my HiT delivers today...

..2 day shipping..

..opening up a whole new can...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:51 AM »
Never ends...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
On these adjustable clutches do you have to fully remove the rear pulley to adjust it or just remove the clutch bell?

Sounds like that maybe my next mod................... :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:12 AM »
The stage six can remain installed for everything except the brass weights. The bell only has to come off for them.
The Malossi you have to remove/tear down for every adjustment. It's solid as a rock tho.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:13 AM »
Well my stock clutch still had some life in it yet but once it need replaced i think i will def upgrade it, prob later in the yr.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:02:39 PM »
  I'd get the stage 6. It's just easier to tune than the Malossi

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()