Author Topic: Astrology  (Read 11781 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Astrology
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Do the planets have any effect on us whatsoever?

Think about it carefully before you respond in the negetive.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

blue

• View Profile
Re: Astrology
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:55 PM »
Do the planets have any effect on us whatsoever?

Think about it carefully before you respond in the negetive.

if you dont want any negative response then stop posting so much dump assssssssssssssssssss sh**.

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »
08's our forums equivalent of Glen Beck and crowd.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
if you dont want any negative response then stop posting so much dump assssssssssssssssssss sh**.

Who said I didn't want any negative responses, I only cautioned a negative response as it is obvious that the movements of the planets do effect us.

1 good example is with tides. I didn't know science was dumb ass sh**! I don't want to point any fingers but maybe this is an example of the pot calling the kettle black. (Maybe)
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
08's our forums equivalent of Glen Beck and crowd.

How so? Are you the forums version of Rosie O?

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
Under the idea of, "There are no dumb questions only dumb answers" I'll say we have a couple of winners here.

Let me expand now before I get even worse answers.

We have all heard the expression, "Is it a full Moon tonight? People are just crazy." Some of the great minds throughout history have expressed a liking for Astrology and others have called it "indispensible" (paraphrasing).

So if you place any faith into Astrology do you ride more carfully at times when  it's thought to be dangerous or that the "crazies" are out?

On a side note, do you have any faith or feeling about Astrology, what sign are you and do you think the general outline of a sign describes you at all accurately?

I had a guy once tell me Astrology was a bunch of BS, then he asked me my sign, when i told him he said, "It figures!" What a maroon!!! LOL!

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »
Knew I'd wind you up again.  You're so fun and predictable!
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
Knew I'd wind you up again.  You're so fun and predictable!

So that would make you a troll, no?

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »
Under the idea of, "There are no dumb questions only dumb answers" I'll say we have a couple of winners here.

Let me expand now before I get even worse answers.

We have all heard the expression, "Is it a full Moon tonight? People are just crazy." Some of the great minds throughout history have expressed a liking for Astrology and others have called it "indispensible" (paraphrasing).

So if you place any faith into Astrology do you ride more carfully at times when  it's thought to be dangerous or that the "crazies" are out?

On a side note, do you have any faith or feeling about Astrology, what sign are you and do you think the general outline of a sign describes you at all accurately?

I had a guy once tell me Astrology was a bunch of BS, then he asked me my sign, when i told him he said, "It figures!" What a maroon!!! LOL!

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
Don't know where you get your info 08.  There is no science in your response of the tides.  Your comments are based on old wive's tales.  Just because our bodies contain water, doesn't mean we have tidal effects.  Thankfully we don't as that would likely result in severe physical distress.  As someone who has worked in the field of psychology for 28 years, I can definitively tell you that the tidal pull of the moon has no effect on human emotions or thinking.  Forget for a moment the fact that our bodies are self-regulatory systems that require at least 2 g's before we start to notice any effect (many times the g-force effect exerted by the moon - which technically is a moon not a planet), but there have been actual studies done to show that the moon does not make people crazy or dangerous.  These studies examined admissions to hospitals and ERs.  They also looked at the frequency of crimes , violence, and accidents.  Guess what.....absolutely no correlation to the tides and the gravitational effect of the moon or even to the phases of the moon.

As for astrology in general, about the only argument for it affecting people would be if someone was so convinced that astrology was real that they put themselves in a semi-delusional state, causing them to change their behaviors based on their beliefs.  Show me data or even a semi-plausible theory using actual physics to explain how the placement of planets on the date of your birth continues to affect you throughout your life, and I will consider it.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:16:43 AM »
Don't know where you get your info 08.  There is no science in your response of the tides.

What! Care to repeat that, no science involved with the tides? Your right there is no science involved with the planets or their movements.

Your comments are based on old wives’ tales.  Just because our bodies contain water, doesn't mean we have tidal effects. 
I never said they did as a matter of fact only that we've all heard or said things like "it must be a full moon, etc..

Thankfully we don't as that would likely result in severe physical distress.

Agreed!
As someone who has worked in the field of psychology for 28 years, I can definitively tell you that the tidal pull of the moon has no effect on human emotions or thinking.  Forget for a moment the fact that our bodies are self-regulatory systems that require at least 2 g's before we start to notice any effect (many times the g-force effect exerted by the moon - which technically is a moon not a planet), but there have been actual studies done to show that the moon does not make people crazy or dangerous.  These studies examined admissions to hospitals and ERs.  They also looked at the frequency of crimes , violence, and accidents.  Guess what.....absolutely no correlation to the tides and the gravitational effect of the moon or even to the phases of the moon.

Really, so when I'm in the seat of my Ford Cobra and I'm at the track pulling 1g on the skid pad I don't even feel it? I beg to differ.

As for astrology in general, about the only argument for it affecting people would be if someone was so convinced that astrology was real that they put themselves in a semi-delusional state, causing them to change their behaviors based on their beliefs.  Show me data or even a semi-plausible theory using actual physics to explain how the placement of planets on the date of your birth continues to affect you throughout your life, and I will consider it.

I wonder what sign your under? LOL Perhaps a quote for some respected person might have some influence on you. I doubt it but here goes:

We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.
Carl Jung

Or perhaps this: A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician.
Hippocrates

And just for the record, every major police agency the FBI and CIA all study Astrology to help narrow down the list of possible suspects. Sure it's a bunch of bunk that the news papers put out but if you look deeper into it you'll find that a few minds even greater than yours find enough in Astrology to take a harder look.

By the way if any of you are born under the sign of Aries you are more likely to have bad headaches then those born under other signs. But you didn't hear that from me.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »
..i know that when there is a full moon, i get all crazy and sh**...

:o

...it's true!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 02:25:02 AM »
...aaahhrroooooo!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »
lunatic.....  from "lunar" "luna" ..... moon...   ::) :o ::)

lunatic [ˈluːnətɪk]
adj also rarely lunatical [luːˈnætɪkəl]
1. (Psychiatry) an archaic word for insane
2. foolish; eccentric; crazy
n
(Psychiatry) a person who is insane
[C13 (adj) via Old French from Late Latin lūnāticus crazy, moonstruck, from Latin lūna moon]

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()