Author Topic: Portable air compressor  (Read 1974 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Portable air compressor
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Looking for a good reliable portable air compressor I can carry arouond with me for my scoot. I have to look yet but I think I have a 12v outlet under my seat in which I can run it with, if not I guess a couple of alligator clips will work off the batt.

The smaller the better of course.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Re: Portable air compressor
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:03:23 AM »
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:34:05 AM »
I have one of these. Cheap, Small and comes with a load of cable hook-ups. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UQRUU6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=kinderinfocom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001UQRUU6

Great! Just the right size too. Have you used this yourself?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:54 AM »
..i bought me a 12vdc weatherproof socket, and wired it directly to the batt terminals on my s9..

..charges cell phones, gps etc nicely...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »
I have that also but currently using a mini bicycle pump. Saves more space and doesn't require any battery.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:45:24 AM »
Great! Just the right size too. Have you used this yourself?

Yes i have the very one. I like it because it will plug directly into my Battery Tender charger the I have already hardwired to my scoot.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CITK8S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=kinderinfocom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000CITK8S

I just leave this part on my battery and I can plug in the charger or the compressor to it in a second.

2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
Be careful with using a 12v accessory powered pump. I blew the accessory port fuse in my Like 200i last week using one. I replaced it with a 5amp blade fuse (instead of the glass cylinder, i couldn't find one that matched in the local auto shops) I thought about replacing the 5amp with a 7amp fuse when replacing it.  Any thoughts on if that's a good/bad idea???

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
Be careful with using a 12v accessory powered pump. I blew the accessory port fuse in my Like 200i last week using one. I replaced it with a 5amp blade fuse (instead of the glass cylinder, i couldn't find one that matched in the local auto shops) I thought about replacing the 5amp with a 7amp fuse when replacing it.  Any thoughts on if that's a good/bad idea???

Bad idea!

You never replace a 5 amp with a greater value fuse or 20 amp with a greater value fuse for that matter. You want the fuse to blow that protects you from doing damage or starting a fire on ur scoot. Call a local scoot place and order some fuses, get spares if you think you'll need them. If you keep blowing fuses you may have a bigger problem or your just drawing too much power from the outlet.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »

Bad.  Don't use an accessory port for a compressor. It's only for cell phones, and other low powered gadgets. Use alligator clips and connect directly to the battery.

perronotto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »
  I installed a second accessory plug on my GTI300. The factory plug has a very low fuse and is only for certain things. I use my new plug for my GPS and battery tender.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()