Author Topic: Agility 125 Fuse  (Read 5278 times)

Red Horn

• View Profile
Agility 125 Fuse
« on: June 28, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
After a year I finally got my few cosmetic plastic parts issues repaired under warranty. Picked up scooter Saturday. Sunday morning it would not start. Have had no problems prior to service being performed. Do now have a fuel gauge problem as it constantly reads full no mater how much fuel is used. Service manager (whom is a little lacking in IQ IMHO) tells me to try a 15A. Manual calls for a 7A. Can I try an 8A to get me by until they can take it back in to trouble shoot? If 8 is permissible I assume 10A would be overkill. It is blowing through 7A fuses constantly.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 125 Fuse
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »
If its blowing a 7amp it will prob blow an 8amp and even a 10amp too. It must be a short or bad part somewhere. Ask yourself this, if your house fuse was blowing would you stick in a larger one to temp get the power on? Or would you get it all checked out 1st?

Try an 8-10amp if u got one, a couple of amps shouldnt damage any wiring etc but dont go much over the size its meant to be cos otherwise it may not blow and burn out something. Fuses are rated for a reason afterall.

May be a bad sender or short in the fuel gauge electrics causing it to blow. You could take off the wires for it at the sender and temp tape them up to see if that helps and stops blowing fuses?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:23:54 AM »
If a fuse blows, it's a message that something is wrong...somewhere... probably a short circuit. The purpose of a fuse is to protect your electrical system. It's a sacrificial device.

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »

I truly believe that in replacing my speedo and other major plastic parts the new service tech (kid) at the shop did something wrong. I had zero problems for a year and now it blows fuses. Really concerned now because brake light does not function without full electrical system. Service manager is insinuating that the work they performed would not have caused this. This is the same man that told me to try a 15A and after replacing the first blown fuse (7A) with one of the on board spares put a 20A in it's place!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
They may have pinched the wiring harness somewhere when fitting the new plastics on causing 2 wires to short out or causing one to earth out? Or installed it wrongly so the wires rubbed on the top of the forks when steering and theyve worn thro and shorted?

If he cant find anything i would say i was taking it elsewhere and if they find its something the 1st shop did tell him you will send him the bill.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
They are working on finding problem now. Not a lot of dealers to choose from here in the desert. I know they messed it up somehow. When I picked it up Saturday my fuel gauge was acting erratic. Then after filling tank needle went to full and stayed there even after 50 miles. When fuse blows it drops as low as possible.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »
Keep us posted when/if they finally nail it down then. Sounds like a pain in the hole  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

diane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »
I just bought a kymco agility 125cc scooter. The manual that came with the scooter says 7 amp 15 amp. The manual is for the 50cc-125cc. Very unclear about what fuse to use for what. It had a 7 amp on the black and a 15 amp on the red. Dealer changed the 15 amp to a 7. Does anyone know for sure what size fuses go where because the dealer isn't sure either. He took them out of new bike on the lot which had two 7 amp fuses in it. But why did mine orginally come with a 15. And it didn't come with any extra fuses its crazy. Anyone know for sure the correct size fuses for a 2018 kymoc agility 125cc?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
There is clear indication where each of these two fuses should go and at least the DEALER TECH should be able to figure this out! I may be mistaken since I am old and my 2008 Agility was over 10 years ago the fuse location is indicated in the Owner's Manual. The service manual shows the 7 amp comes right off the battery. The service manual does not even show the 15 amp fuse but we know it is there!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 05:46:29 PM »
...........,....Service manager (whom is a little lacking in IQ IMHO) tells me to try a 15A. Manual calls for a 7A. Can I try an 8A to get me by until they can take it back in to trouble shoot? If 8 is permissible I assume 10A would be overkill. It is blowing through 7A fuses constantly.

Was this advice coming from an official Kymco Dealer ?
If so, I must be honest - my current Kymco will be my last Kymco ever.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 06:34:48 PM »
Was this advice coming from an official Kymco Dealer ?
If so, I must be honest - my current Kymco will be my last Kymco ever.

See? Another good guy run off by a dealer!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()