Author Topic: New Like 200i & Windshield Question  (Read 2897 times)

Jmcaldw

• View Profile
New Like 200i & Windshield Question
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
Greetings.
Just purchased this new Like 200i yesterday for my wife.  ;D
She loves it!!!!!!

Only thing I've done so far is attach a battery tender cable to the battery.
I'm starting to research some windshield options. 

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on what make and model windshield will fit the Like 200i?
Slipstreamer I'm thinking but not sure which model or what other manufactures make a 200i compatible one.  I searched but did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance for your input.  GREAT forum by the way!!!

captainscott

• you meet the best people on a 200i
    • View Profile
Re: New Like 200i & Windshield Question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kymco_kid/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kymco_kid/               

I have the puig screen on my 200i and some flashy chrome rails. check out this link for the pictures on flickr.

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »
Whichever one you get, be sure to check the headlight reflection on the windshield during nighttime riding. The top of the headlight shines up so much that the reflection on my Slipstreamer totally blinds me. I had to put a piece of black duct tape across the top of the headlight. Tried to move the windshield back far enough so that it wasn't over the headlight, but then I couldn't adjust the mirrors properly
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

captainscott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
That’s a good idea. I left home this morning in the dark and there is some reflection at the bottom of the screen. I might try some chequered tape about an inch wide all the way along the bottom of the screen should look good.

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:18 PM »
captain...Not sure 1 inch will do it. I have a 2 inch piece of black "Gorilla Tape" on mine and I still get some reflection. Perhaps Kymco or some aftermarket could come up with an "eyeshade" to direct the light out insead of up?
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

captainscott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:13 PM »
Your right donandrews. Went to work this morning in the dark with a 15mm strip of black electrical tape on the top of the headlight. It cut out about 75% of the glare. I might be able to live with that or I might order some fancy tape of ebay and try it on the bottom of the screen.  Nice chrome headlight peak would do the job but I dont have the skill to make one. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:27 PM »
This seems to be the best choice. But requires removal of the DOT blinkers and the reactivation of the original signals.

http://kymcowindshield.com/kymcolike.htm

Abner_Bjorn

• 5280 Scooter Group Rides on FB
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:19:17 AM »
Greetings.
Just purchased this new Like 200i yesterday for my wife.  ;D
She loves it!!!!!!

Only thing I've done so far is attach a battery tender cable to the battery.
I'm starting to research some windshield options. 

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on what make and model windshield will fit the Like 200i?
Slipstreamer I'm thinking but not sure which model or what other manufactures make a 200i compatible one.  I searched but did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance for your input.  GREAT forum by the way!!!
I have the slipstreamer 50 on my like.  I cut about 4 inches off the top and about 1.25 inches off each side.  The 50 is pretty wide.  The way it came it was too wide.  You could not get the mirrors pushed far enough forward to adjust.     I had a template, so I was able to do a rough cut w/ a jigsaw and finish it up with a pattern bit on my router.   The slipstreamer 40 might be a good size for the like.   I was able to get it up above the headlamp, but I still used a strip of black electrical tape on the top of the light to stop the glare.    The Slipstreamer windshield are acrylic (plexiglass) not Lexan (polycarbonate).  Acrylic will crack, polycarbonate will not.   The slipstreamer is a high quality windshield.  It is thick.  The mounting holes on the  windshield are isolated with rubber grommets.   This should absorb shock and help keep the windshield from cracking around the mounting holes.   
Less chit chat, more riding.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()