Author Topic: OFF SHORE DRILLING SHOULD BE BANNED  (Read 7629 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
OFF SHORE DRILLING SHOULD BE BANNED
« on: July 05, 2012, 05:45:01 AM »
Should off-shore drilling be banned?  ;)

... It poses danger to the environment  :'(

... but....  we need the oil.... :-\

.... is banning the answer?

.... we shout out loud in protecting the environment... but we destroy it...   ???

Axy? anybody?

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: OFF SHORE DRILLING SHOULD BE BANNED
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:25:26 AM »
Drill that sh**
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Should off-shore drilling be banned?  ;)

Well, I do not think that this is even an option. Next frontier is Arctic, Russians have already started drilling there.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
Well, I do not think that this is even an option. Next frontier is Arctic, Russians have already started drilling there.

So, I think marine life would be just collateral damage...  :'(

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:36 AM »
we need the oil    

Actually we dont NEED the oil but the oil corps want us all to think we do. Renewables and better energy management and conservation can easily replace oil for most of us. America and China just has to get on board and stop blocking every enviromental strategy brought up then cut down on its use. Why do most American cars do so badly on fuel economy? Its like they are stuck in the past and dont want to evolve. Most modern European hatchbacks and saloons get at least 40-50mpg and most will out perform most US gas guzzlers. We need a global agreement on a minimum mpg for all cars produced, if they dont meet it they dont get approved for road use, kinda like the emmissions tests now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
We don't need oil but we need energy. We can get energy from other sources, right?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »
We don't need oil but we need energy. We can get energy from other sources, right?

Right. And pretty easily. The only hard thing is stopping the oil and gas corps from greasing palms of politicians to keep the status quo.

At least we are on track. Sure we will still need oil for the short term till we can have infrastructure in place to switch but a lot of the consumption for industry etc can be switched over easily from coal, oil and gas.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Blue-Chapter-in-Scotlands-Green-Revolution&id=6910220
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
We have a huge power source hanging above us, the sun puts out enough energy in an hour to provide for all our global energy needs. We just need to invest and learn how to best harness this power.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
We have a huge power source hanging above us, the sun puts out enough energy in an hour to provide for all our global energy needs. We just need to invest and learn how to best harness this power.

the gov. or who ever already knows how to do this they are just siting on it and waiting for us to pay the bill............they just need to get off the asses and do it. the know how and the man power is there its just doing it.And while there doing that sent all the oters back across the border so we can get are jobs back.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »
And while there doing that sent all the oters back across the border so we can get are jobs back.

Do you really want a job picking fruit and veg or doing gardening for less than minimum wage and no security? I wouldnt want it, thats why they hire mexicans, cos nobody else will do it. Anyway the US is a nation of immigrants, apart from the native Americans youre all foreigners or descendants of foreigners. I got no beef with any immigrants anywhere myself.

the gov. or who ever already knows how to do this they are just siting on it and waiting for us to pay the bill....

The gov just does what the guys with the cash tell them, thats why all the lobbyists and big corps give "donations" come election time, its all to make the money for them, they dont care as long as the cash keeps on rollin in  :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:44:44 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Most modern European hatchbacks and saloons get at least 40-50mpg and most will out perform most US gas guzzlers.

Out perform?

That's a joke
*2001 ZX-50 beater

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Remember the Deepwater Horizon oil disaster is the worst oil spill to affect the United States in all its history. It occurred in the Gulf of Mexico as a result of off shore drilling. Remember that and decide again if you are in favor of off shore drilling over renewable energy sources.

Facts on the Deepwater Horizon oil spill:

BP made a deal with the government that they would set aside $20 billion toward oil cleanup and spill victims.

16,000 total miles of coastline have been affected, including the coasts of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida.

Even though the gushing well was capped in July 2010, oil is still washing up on shores, which might do long-term damages to humans affected.

The initial oil rig explosion killed 11 people and injured 17 others.

President Obama announced that his administration would create a $20 billion spill response fund.

Responders used 5.5 million feet of boom, a barrier placed in water, to collect and absorb oil.

Of the 400 miles of Louisiana coast, approximately 125 miles have been polluted by the oil spill.

One method of treating the oil spill is "in-situ burning" or burning oil in a contained area on the surface of the water. Oil spills are bad, but burning is also bad for the environment.

Over 1,000 animals (birds, turtles, mammals) have been reported dead, including many already on the endangered species list. Of the animals affected by the spill that are still alive only about 6% have been reported cleaned, but many biologists and other scientists predict they will die too.

The BP Oil Spill is the biggest in American history, with between 17 and 39 million gallons spilled in the Gulf of Mexico.

Over 30,000 people responded to the spill in the Gulf Coast working to collect oil, clean up beaches, taking care of animals and performing various other duties.

Sources:

WhiteHouse.gov
USA Today
CNN
Boing Boing
Reuters
New York Daily News

-Wolf

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »
Out perform?

That's a joke

I was specifically talking about in fuel economy there.

Most decent Euro cars would wipe the floor with the average American car tho on performance too, you may be good in a straight line race but hit a few bends and  :o

You guys have sports cars with more of a dragstrip/nascar heritage, our sports cars evolved from rallying and F1.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:Tell_the_Difference_between_an_American_and_a_European_car?useskin=oasis&cb=5007
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:07:46 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
We're talking about engine performance not cornering ability
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
Do you really want a job picking fruit and veg or doing gardening for less than minimum wage and no security? I wouldnt want it, thats why they hire mexicans, cos nobody else will do it. Anyway the US is a nation of immigrants, apart from the native Americans youre all foreigners or descendants of foreigners. I got no beef with any immigrants anywhere myself.

no prolmem with the immigrants here eather. its not are falt there own country well not take care of theam. maybe they should put all the jail birds in the filds picking corn and hoeing gardens. then that way when they do get out they have some kind of cash in there pocket. and then they well learn what its like to work for a liveing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()