Author Topic: How comfortable is 2up on the Downtown 300?  (Read 5811 times)

Cvitalo

• Kymco Downtown 300i
    • View Profile
Re: How comfortable is 2up on the Downtown 300?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »
My rebuilt LIKE 200i seat is pretty comfy...but took hours to get it there.
And it looks funny.
Stig

Is there somewhere on this forum a picture of your "funny" seat?
Cpi Popcorn 50, Aprilia Sportcitiy 200i, Aprilia Scarabeo 250i, Aprilia Scarabeo 200i, Yamaha Majesty 400, Kymco Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 07:25:11 PM »
Is there somewhere on this forum a picture of your "funny" seat?

Seat which I rebuilt.

Stock seat - pretty - but limits sitting to no more than 40 mins , 20 mins is best.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Cvitalo

• Kymco Downtown 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 05:47:27 AM »
It looks very fatty and soft.  ;) Here in Croatia we have a guy who can get your seat customized however you want for about 110$. I would like to tighten those stripes (if I see correctly) on the side if I were you.  :-\
Cpi Popcorn 50, Aprilia Sportcitiy 200i, Aprilia Scarabeo 250i, Aprilia Scarabeo 200i, Yamaha Majesty 400, Kymco Downtown 300i

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
The missus & I did about 120 miles in one go around some twisty A&B roads the weekend before last. I'm about 13st 6 and she's about 9st (I think!), so not overly loaded.

Pilions verdict: Seat very comfy and secure - the best she'd been on. The only thing she didn't like was the footplates - she'd rather it was pegs.

From my point of view it was fine. A little down on ooomph as you'd expect, but for cruising at 60- 70-ish it was absolutely perfect.

Being able to stow the helmets under the seat instead of dragging them into the cafe was a real boost.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »
It looks very fatty and soft.  ;) Here in Croatia we have a guy who can get your seat customized however you want for about 110$. I would like to tighten those stripes (if I see correctly) on the side if I were you.  :-\
I agree about the side stripes. ..wrinkles. ...I pulled my fingers off getting the cover this tight using 4way stretch motorcycle seat fabric.  That is why professionals make good $$.
With giant high round part. ...impossible for me to get tighter than this. Worked three days on this seat!
Ugly....but comfy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
I think I may have logged the most road time with a pillion partner as my wife will literally order me to take her on a ride (Giggity). But in all seriousness, we started out riding on my Yager Gt 200i, which she loved. Switching to the DT wasn’t easy, or preferable for her. She did love all the room in the back, but since the Yager had a built in back rest, she felt vulnerable without one on the DT.

Solution -- I put in a topcase. My dealer ordered the wrong one -- was suppose to have a back rest, but even without it she feels it’s a thousand times better, and offers the security she wants. Since then she has adjusted to the wider seat and says she feels like a ‘Queen on her throne’ when riding.

I do agree that the combined weight of your passenger will affect your ride. I haven’t run into any power problems at low speeds on the DT, but having ridden for close to 6 years with my wife I’ve gotten pretty good at doing so. I actually sometimes feel more secure with the added weight of a passenger, and that the DT will slide about when I ride alone. We’ve gone on trips over an hour long with no problems, though my wife isn’t comfortable going on highways, or above 50 mph, she’s ridden with me when we had to do so.

She also prefers the foot plate over the riding pegs on the Yager. A few times her foot would just randomly slip off for no reason. Not so with the DT.

- Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()