Author Topic: Screwed the pooch on this one....  (Read 3285 times)

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
Screwed the pooch on this one....
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
   Well I was attempting to replace the contra spring today,got a new box of shiny parts and was excited.Unfortunately the threads on the clutch shaft are now officially stripped.They weren't great the last time I did it and now I'm afraid they are done.Now the question is....is there a descent clutch out there for not a lot of coin,say under a hundred bucks? Also what size if the factory clutch bell and will i need to replace that as well or can I use the factory one with the new clutch? I'm dead in the water and this is my daily driver......damn this sucks. :-[
 EDIT:  Yea I just realized I need the pulley assembly not a clutch,but if I could get both in a package that would be nice.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:45:03 PM by dont_tread_on _me »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Screwed the pooch on this one....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
..the naraku clutch from racingplanetusa.com is as close to oem as you can probably get...

..i've bought 2 of them just for the unrestricted pulleys...

http://www.racingplanetusa.com/clutch-pulley-assy-clutch-torque-converter-assy-naraku-107mm-p-3888-1.html?cPath=2_24_158&sessID=e016ed652aad4b657566bf2529ccf8f7

..or go to stadiumyamaha.com for oem parts..

..kymcopartsonline...

..kymcoparts123.com...

..you will need a 107mm, whatever you buy..

..you'll need the nut as well...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:02:42 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »
I knew it  :D

Just kidding  ;) That sucks man. I forget, is that the stock clutch or aftermarket?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04:59 AM »
  It's a stock clutch.OK so what about this one from racing planet; http://www.racingplanetusa.com/clutch-pulley-assy-clutch-torque-converter-assy-107mm-p-3684-1.html?cPath=2_24_158&sessID=fd46176ca053d2c101adbbaaeab63cd8   It looks the same as the other one.I wish you could buy an upgraded clutch with the pulley.As far as the OEM stuff,does the clutch come complete or do you have to assemble it (both halves of the drive pulley) if so how much trouble is it to assemble? Looking at the Diagram it is seperate unless I'm missing something.Does anyone have a pulley they are willing to sell? I hate to get the Naraku when it comes with a stock clutch because I'd like to upgrade the clutch sometime soon anyway.I don't have enough coin for both (pulley/clutch) at the moment but I need to get running again soon.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
You can just order that part

Item 23200
http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Kymco_USA/SH10DP_Super_9_Three_Tone_2004/CVT_%2f%2f_Clutch/2K01200005/01200015
If you want to buy a performance clutch soon then it's not worth it.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:39:55 AM »
  Just ordered a stock used one from EdsSurplusForSale.net. that came with a pulley and OEM clutch for 54 bucks shipped.Not a perfect solution,but it'll get me up and running for now,and I'll have a spare clutch that looks to have less miles than mine...lol.Anyway I can always buy a new clutch later,and I figured for the same price as a new OEM pulley I can get the whole thing and have a spare clutch.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
HOT DAMN... Mr.brown truck came today and I got the pulley.So I took it down and installed the 1500 rpm spring,which went surprisingly well.After that I changed the rollers,the old ones were shot and I knew the heavier spring would probably need heavier rollers.Luckily in my box of parts that the torque spring came in I had a several sets of rollers to try.The 6.75 gram ones I tried first were the ticket,I also tried the 7's but went back.Just after intitial takeoff it almost immediately jumps to about 8700 rpm,which it pretty close to where I think I need to be anyway.For some reason my top speed increased,it's going way past pegged on the speedo.I'm not sure of the actual but it's got to be 50 mph or more,it's also getting somewhere around 11,000 down a hill,maybe more,I'm not really sure how far I can push a stock engine with this many miles.So now I'm thinking of a new clutch,A stage 6 is hopefully in my future sometime soon.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
That's awesome. Those S9s are tha bomb. Wish I had one  :'(

it's also getting somewhere around 11,000 down a hill,maybe more

Wish I had a tach too  :'(
*2001 ZX-50 beater

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »
  Yea man,it hauls ass to be a 50cc scoot.It impresses the hell outa of eanyone who rides it.The tach is nice,although I'm not sure how accurate it is,but at least it gives you a baseline.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
That's awesome dude! What brand spring? Jasil?  I am using Jasil rollers at 6.5gr, and they are as good as the Malossi's I had before. Cheap rollers last me about a month so I like the Jasil's. So far...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 01:18:20 AM »
So now I'm thinking of a new clutch,A stage 6 is hopefully in my future sometime soon.

..save yourself some long-run monies and get this....

http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-222_HiT_Clutch?sc=2&category=124306#

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
That's awesome dude! What brand spring? Jasil?  I am using Jasil rollers at 6.5gr, and they are as good as the Malossi's I had before. Cheap rollers last me about a month so I like the Jasil's. So far...
Actually it's a Naraku spring from this set http://www.racingplanetusa.com/torque-springs-naraku-sport-single-p-10332-1.html?cPath=2_24_158&sessID=fd46176ca053d2c101adbbaaeab63cd8 got the set of two just in case,but the 1500 rpm one was the ticket.Now I have about three springs I don't need...I got a few sets of cheap rollers to try,and what I'm running now.hopefully they'll hold up for a bit.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 03:00:22 AM »
So now I'm thinking of a new clutch,A stage 6 is hopefully in my future sometime soon.

..save yourself some long-run monies and get this....

http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-222_HiT_Clutch?sc=2&category=124306#

Hate to drop that much coin,I spoke to Josh yesterday and he said the stage six is a close second (racing version).After riding it some today this thing is begging for a new clutch,the only problem I have with it is the slight lag/delay at launch.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 03:04:40 AM »
.josh speaks true...the mkII will ever be my second choice..

..it offers a great range of tuning options, and is awesome easy to adjust!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 03:32:53 AM »
the only problem I have with it is the slight lag/delay at launch.

..can be fixed with heavier clutch springs...if everything else (jetting/roller wt) is right...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()