Author Topic: Almost 3 Months of Good Clean FUN!  (Read 1653 times)

Scootaloot

• View Profile
Almost 3 Months of Good Clean FUN!
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:53 AM »
Goldmember will be in the Paddock 3 months in a week. I don't know a thing about horses but my scoot serves as a work horse. I will have 7K miles by then. At this pace I will cash in on some warranty issue :) Still very happy with scoot and I am still getting a lot of positive comments in my travels. I am trying to get the ERMAX screen on and this will help out on 66. The topcase will remain for a while but I may change it for a larger one. Unlike my old BV250 there hasn't been a hint of wobble. Starting to think about new shoes in a couple months and may go with City Grips although the Maxxis tires haven't been bad. To this point I am glad I went with 300 instead of the BV350 because I am thinking in the long haul this scoot may be more bulletproof ;)

iker

• , 2007 kymco people s125
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 3 Months of Good Clean FUN!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »
good to hear about your 300. i had one for 3 months. put on a givi (no problems with cracks )
didnt like the up-right position. had problems with running , wouldn't go over 75 mph and gas mileage was low 60-65. twice at dealer to replace cdi-computer. of course no codes so no replacement. didnt want to keep , so i sold it , hope new owner can repair. so i'm back to my vespa 300 super which is ok with me. just for your info, i also have a people 125s which is a great scot. see, ike
2007 kymco people s125 aka - lit red
2011 vespa gts 300 super aka - tin man

joelong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:34:40 AM »
Yikes!  I've just had a computer failure on my People 300 as well; dealer is awaiting a replacement unit from the distributor.  Any else had this problem?

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Yikes!  I've just had a computer failure on my People 300 as well; dealer is awaiting a replacement unit from the distributor.  Any else had this problem?

What were the symptoms of the problem and how was the problem identified by the dealer?   

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
good to hear about your 300. i had one for 3 months. put on a givi (no problems with cracks )
didnt like the up-right position. had problems with running , wouldn't go over 75 mph and gas mileage was low 60-65. twice at dealer to replace cdi-computer. of course no codes so no replacement. didnt want to keep , so i sold it , hope new owner can repair. so i'm back to my vespa 300 super which is ok with me. just for your info, i also have a people 125s which is a great scot. see, ike

Sorry that you were disappointed with the Kymco.  New models sometimes have issues. The Vespas, as you recall, had fuel injection pump issues with the new 300ie engines which it Vespa would not recognize until hundreds of complaints were received. Vespa finally had a recall - which my dealer wasn't even aware of.     

If I experience issues with my bike I will stay on Kymco like a fly on poop until I get an answer.

I hope you stay on the fourm.

joelong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 01:50:11 AM »
What were the symptoms of the problem and how was the problem identified by the dealer?   

The engine would turn over, but not start.  On further examination, we noticed that the sound of the fuel pump spooling up was no longer audible.  After conferring with the Kymco regional people, they concluded that the ECU was bad.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()