Author Topic: Pay attention  (Read 5249 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Pay attention
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 03:56:12 AM »
Tooks his eyes off the road for 2 seconds. 

I have 12 cats of various ages, and four large dogs. In my house you can' miss a beat or you are dinner. Keeping my "life line" going is a chore here... (computer)

"VLC media player is an awesome stand-alone player...

..small, powerful and easy to use..."

Thank you Ed McMacmahn... Now, Back to our show...

"Yes it is. Plays just about any type of file. And its free too"

Yes we know, I said thanks.

One more ps... VLC has two items that keep it free. A "phone home" feature that sends back all the data you view on it, and a "key board hook" tha tracks what you were doing while it was playing. WMP has these too.
Snoop Free warn/dis ables the hook, and a host intrusion protection feature on your anti virus/firewall will dis able the reports.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »
Didnt know that about VLC  ???

Man they always ruin everything dont they? Why can good things just be f@#king good with no ulterior motives or scams involved  >:(

Now im going to have to go thro my pc and double check a lot of sh!t out better  :(

F@#kin hate spammers, scammers and shammers (no idea if thats a real word but it is now) .
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »
What you can do is open a window to monitor your network traffic. Start VLC, and wait till you see the port it opens. You can block that port on your firewall. For the hook you need snoopfree. It's free, http://www.snoopfree.com/
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »
What you can do is open a window to monitor your network traffic. Start VLC, and wait till you see the port it opens. You can block that port on your firewall. For the hook you need snoopfree. It's free, http://www.snoopfree.com/

Ill look better into it tonite then. I dont know much about all this open ports stuff. Did do a port scan a while ago that told me i had various open ports and closed them for me if i didnt need them open. Wasnt real sure what it was doing but it sounded like it knew so i let it carry on, think it was part of the anti-virus software i had at the time.
I normally do a scan once a month or so at Trend Micro Housecall, that usually cleans up any issues i ever had in the past
Chaos is my co-pilot.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:49 PM »
No accusations 008. When I went to the page I had a pop up that instructed me to add a VLC plug in to view something on the page. Plug in's are things like ... Adobe Flash/Media Player for browsers/Java, ect... They are harmless apps that run in the background to make everything work.
Some sites will use this as a ploy to get you to Dl. a "tool bar" or their version of something. Other sites use this to make you Dl malware or keyboard hooks ect. Your site, and you are both innocent. I later found something else had shut off my plugins on my browser. Most likely the cats...
Made for some fun posting tho...

http://www.madeamessofthingsthistime.org

OK good to know, I got a mouth on me but never intend any harm to anyone, glad I didn't bring a virus to the site or something.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »
..no, 080...video lan pugin acts like "normal" streaming software these days...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 02:03:19 AM »
It's all good 008. No attack on your character meant. I figure since you live in Jersey you aren't smart enough to plan a malware attack. Sorry again...

Steroido... Those open ports are what are used to re route traffic, and avoid "source" detection. Most business/school computers are left on 24/7. Pinging the net looking for responses/open ports is where all the "dirt" comes from.
Simply using firewall alone is not enough protection. Try this site to scan your computer... https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 
If you have any open ports this will catch them. I have tried ALL the top firewalls, and ESET Smart Security is the best anti virus/ host intrusion/ firewall you can get. You can Dl it for free, and use NOD321 to get Trial Serial numbers. They usually last about 1-3 months but when they expire you go get another. Free AV for LIFE!
http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/smart-security-3/
www.nod321.cn/

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 02:17:26 AM »
..good links z!

;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 02:30:30 AM »
I know you didn't look. Your computer would have crashed by now... :o ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
..that's why its just so goood!!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
Most business/school computers are left on 24/7

So is mine, i usually switch it off about once a week if i can but it usually just left on in the background.

Cheers,going to have a look and do those links, if my pc crashes i'll send you a nail-bomb. Vivo P.I sent me the address already ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 03:39:00 AM »
Ill be sure to check the PO box in the next few months..  ;D

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »
if my pc crashes i'll send you a nail-bomb.

nail bomb

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 03:59:47 AM »
I think it was a dud. Just sat there staring at me.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
Did tje port scan thing earlier and it came out fine, said i was fully ok  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()