Author Topic: 4 valved head, where do i find it?  (Read 4195 times)

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
4 valved head, where do i find it?
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:19 AM »
Hey guys.
This post is here in general instead of the agility 50 forum, as im seaching a part from another scooter than a kymco. :)

I have seen on the internet, that the Baotian scooter Bt49QT-20b has an engine called 139QMA-A, and that this 50cc engine should have 4 valves. As i do not have access to designing programs during the summer, i will not design my own cylinder head if this can be used, so do any of you guys know anything about this scooter, where to buy parts for it or any importer of Baotian in any country (european desired), who can get this scooter? :)
I've already e-mailed 2 danish importers and a british importer but none have answered yet. :p

The scooter may also be known as Baotian Falcon, but this may be the name of the 2-stroke scooter with the same looks. ;D

Thanks in advance
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

baddi

• View Profile
Re: 4 valved head, where do i find it?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:55:16 AM »
aliexpress...

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/563684904-GY6-125CC-or-150CC-Scooter-4-valve-Performance-cylinder-head-kit-free-shipping-wholesalers.html

Nope, that one is for 125-150cc, and i'm looking for one made for the 50cc.
If i had a bigger engine, i would go for either a respected or at least named brand or i would go for DOHC (Dual OverHead Camshaft), but the cylinder head for the Baotian are the only cylinder head i've heard of with 4 valves for 50cc. :)

My question remains.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:32:23 AM »
I've e-mailed http://dataparts.de/ as these guys seems to be selling Baotian parts, including the cylinder head, so i hope that they will answer me within few days, but you are still welcome to give me any links if you know anything about 4-valved 50cc cylinder heads. :D

I think more valves will get this scooter to be kicking balls, combined with the injection, as i've seen a Longjia scooter with 3 valves, which has 1 nm more than the agility as standart and even gets it at only 6000 rpm, so i can only make guesses about how awesome this could be! :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=print&thread=26896

http://www.spi-parts.com/4-valve-head.html

I've seen the top one before, and it is also about the bigger gy6 engines. ;)

Spi-parts do not write on their site if it is for the small or the bigger GY6 engine, so i've sent them a mail, but unfortunately i think that it's also for the big one, because of the size of the combustion chamber. :p

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:01:57 AM »
The one linked is for a 52mm Cyl. I have seen another one that I KNOW is the one you are looking for I just can't place where. It was about 400.000 my cost so I forgot where it was... I'll find it. Ruima may make one... I Think that may be the one I have in mind... Provo Scooter?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:04:03 AM »
The one linked is for a 52mm Cyl. I have seen another one that I KNOW is the one you are looking for I just can't place where. It was about 400.000 my cost so I forgot where it was... I'll find it. Ruima may make one... I Think that may be the one I have in mind... Provo Scooter?

Ruima is also for the scooters over 100cc :/
Seems like the big guys get all the fun, and we get to stick with the cheap stuff. :p

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:11:58 AM »
I know I've seen it. It got me thinking of porting the existing head, and reversing the carb mount/manifold. I'm SURE 1/4 of the intake is blocked or choked including the intake/exhaust port. That may be a project down the road a bit tho.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:24:19 AM »
I know I've seen it. It got me thinking of porting the existing head, and reversing the carb mount/manifold. I'm SURE 1/4 of the intake is blocked or choked including the intake/exhaust port. That may be a project down the road a bit tho.

Reversing like making the manifold point forward to the driving direction? If so, then we have had the exact same thougt, as i have thought og this once or twice too xD

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
Dataparts.de said that it would cost €550 for the cylinder head with valves and cam and a piston.

Baotian UK said that it would need alot of parts to be changed and that they have choosen not to use engines with 4 valves.

H.O. Motorsports, the biggest danish importer said that it would cost around €140, depending on how many parts i would want, so i've sent them the parts that dataparts said i needed, and hopefully they can give me an offer. ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »
I'm  curious to see how it works out.
Yeah! putting the carb facing forward... I intend to run a 20mm slide carb facing forward. It's the only way I can get it to fit.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
I'm  curious to see how it works out.
Yeah! putting the carb facing forward... I intend to run a 20mm slide carb facing forward. It's the only way I can get it to fit.

I've seen it here, they just make some adjustments to the float.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
You have to modify to intake as well. When you reverse it the port/intake no longer are completely open. In fact they are offset as a restriction oem. Drilliin that area out to completely open the valve port in the head, and reaming the intake to match should add a substantial gain in hp. I just posted I am trying to find some 64x30mm valves to cut into on of my heads, and finish the porting. I have a 20mm carb, and an 1 1/2" open exhaust. I should be gaining quite a bit.
Try http://www.treatland.tv/  Give Benji a call, and ask. He can find anything. It's his specialty...
Also Louie... http://www.spi-parts.com/   Same thing... Call

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 07:17:25 AM »
You have to modify to intake as well. When you reverse it the port/intake no longer are completely open. In fact they are offset as a restriction oem. Drilliin that area out to completely open the valve port in the head, and reaming the intake to match should add a substantial gain in hp. I just posted I am trying to find some 64x30mm valves to cut into on of my heads, and finish the porting. I have a 20mm carb, and an 1 1/2" open exhaust. I should be gaining quite a bit.
Try http://www.treatland.tv/  Give Benji a call, and ask. He can find anything. It's his specialty...
Also Louie... http://www.spi-parts.com/   Same thing... Call

Ah...ok...  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()