Author Topic: Main jets... again...  (Read 3754 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Main jets... again...
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:43 AM »
That is why I posted the temp... You would Think less fuel but It works out different. Must be a fuel thing...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 07:36:03 AM »
When i bought the set #80-98 i was using #84 with an open cone filter with all other motor parts being standart

Thats just above stock, just above and no more, how the hell did you ever get it to run on an 84 main jet with an open filter? Mustve been lean, i cant see how it couldnt have been lean if stock is 82 and you lobbed in all that extra air? Unless the open filter was tiny and didnt allow air to flow well?

I am in Scotland, 60mts above sea level, mostly mixed weather from sunny to raining, lots of damp days, some humid days some not, never really too hot. My open filter needs a 92 main jet.

Most online shops advise going upsomewhere between 10-15 sizes as a guideline when fitting a open filter.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »
Thats just above stock, just above and no more, how the hell did you ever get it to run on an 84 main jet with an open filter? Mustve been lean, i cant see how it couldnt have been lean if stock is 82 and you lobbed in all that extra air? Unless the open filter was tiny and didnt allow air to flow well?

I am in Scotland, 60mts above sea level, mostly mixed weather from sunny to raining, lots of damp days, some humid days some not, never really too hot. My open filter needs a 92 main jet.

Most online shops advise going upsomewhere between 10-15 sizes as a guideline when fitting a open filter.

It was the size and shape of this, but it was an unbranded copy and not the polini filter i'm linking to. :)
I was able to run an 86 jet too, but couldnt feel any power increase, so i used #84 for the whole time i were using it. This were mainly over the summer, and i also tried with the doppler air box but it kept falling off, due to lack of space between saddle box and rear tire. Even when it fell off, and i were running without any filter, i were running great and powerful, so for me, jet #84 and #86 were the jet needed for free flowing air. If i went any higher than that, it would be flooding. :p

I also tried a tiny filter like this (possibly a little smaller, i dunno the real size of that stylepro filter), but no matter what jet i had in, i couldn't start the scooter. :)

First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
Yeah that link for the 1st one is like mine only mine has a removable plastic cover to keep the rain out. Im still baffled cos on an 88 jet mine would not go over 15-20mph ??? Was fine on pilot jet but soon as i twisted the throttle to engage the main jet it just died and bogged down. Taped up half the filter and it ran ok so it was def getting too much air for the 88 jet ???

What altitude are you at?

These scoots are confusing at times, no 2 seem to ever run the same way ???
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
I'm at 800-850ft (244-260m) elevation
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »
I'm at 800-850ft (244-260m) elevation

I live in Denmark, flat as a pancake, and surrounded by water. I think its about 20 meters-40 meters but i'm not sure at all!
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

tuko

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 11:33:56 PM »
I live in Denmark, flat as a pancake, and surrounded by water. I think its about 20 meters-40 meters but i'm not sure at all!

I'm over in Sweden and we are at 28m elevation.

Tuko.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()