Author Topic: Adios  (Read 13034 times)

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Adios
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 03:32:52 AM »
1.) I have a job, since March (thanks for the concern). Love it, btw.;
2.) My Kymco blew its third head gasket in four years, and it was impounded illegally (did not allow the statutory time to recover), so I'm done with Kymco, period. The only bike I was interested in (P GT300i) looks as shabby as the Chinese crap I've seen recently, so No, Thank You;
3.) There are other scooter forums that offer scooter-related topics and info at a level much higher than here, these days -- I'll be there, instead of here. Don't hate -- just understand that I came here for a reason, and that reason has diminished over time.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:55 AM »
There are other scooter forums that offer scooter-related topics and info at a level much higher than here, these days -- I'll be there, instead of here.

Loving life, loving to ride, sharing good and bad moments with friends .... are all scooter related... and nothing can go higher than that....  !!   :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 04:41:08 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :-*

but I have never "modulated" not even once.... 

Then you suck at modulating then don't you...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 04:50:28 AM »
1.) I have a job, since March (thanks for the concern). Love it, btw.;
2.) My Kymco blew its third head gasket in four years, and it was impounded illegally (did not allow the statutory time to recover), so I'm done with Kymco, period. The only bike I was interested in (P GT300i) looks as shabby as the Chinese crap I've seen recently, so No, Thank You;
3.) There are other scooter forums that offer scooter-related topics and info at a level much higher than here, these days -- I'll be there, instead of here. Don't hate -- just understand that I came here for a reason, and that reason has diminished over time.

Glad to hear all is good Bro!  I knew you had a great job now. Knew the scoot was gonna bite the bullet on ya too. You like scooters but know very little about how to keep one running. It's ok. The smartest people have no idea why there are holes in things. I know why tho... There has to be a place to put sh**!  I understand the power of Diminishing Returns...
 ps... Knew you would come back. It's like gravy to a fat kid. Kymco Forum will forever be in your thoughts. HA!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 05:13:23 AM »
Then you suck at modulating then don't you...

Yeah! and unlike jpres, I stay away from other forums to be here... no rules!! just like the wild west! ;D ;D ;D 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 05:23:32 AM »
It's like taking a bunch of 40-50 something year old retards on a field trip to a WWF/E Championship ladder match. Then going to Hooters.
As long as someone keeps the lights on... We tend to grunt our way along, and sorta "self modulate".    Tip # 12,464   Keep the yellow ones close by All of the time.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 07:43:20 AM »
aaaaaah......   8)   mushrooms....

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
I tried to go to one of the other higher level scooter forums, but you have to have a Vespa Blue Key to get in, so I just hocked a big loogy in the lock and left.

I thought the dude was alright, but I'm a f***in' new guy, and I didn't know sh**, but when you can't keep a Kymco running, and then you let the cops confiscate it, and then call a 300i junk, well, some people are just not Kymco capable, so I'm sure he'll be happier on his new Honda Metropolitan, until he buys a new Piaggio, and then finds out they're both made in China.

This place is the best Scoot forum in the world, and I'm honored to be here, and I hope my contributions are appreciated.

But I don't like to be touched, and I don't like anybody touching any of my stuff, so if any of you homos touch me, or any of my sh**, I'll kill ya.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
I won't say I left another forum for this one but I don't go there much these days. Sounds like the OP has a case of sour grapes in his tone. You don't have to own a Kymco to post here even though the OP tried to pull that crap with me.

I've yet to see a tech question go unanswered in this forum yet so WTF is the OP talking about, sorry he can't turn a wrench. For the record I can't turn one much myself but won't be bitchen about the product, I think it's a good middle of the road scoot, not a Yamaha or Honda but not a hunk of junk either.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
I tried to go to one of the other higher level scooter forums, but you have to have a Vespa Blue Key to get in, so I just hocked a big loogy in the lock and left.

I thought the dude was alright, but I'm a f***in' new guy, and I didn't know sh**, but when you can't keep a Kymco running, and then you let the cops confiscate it, and then call a 300i junk, well, some people are just not Kymco capable, so I'm sure he'll be happier on his new Honda Metropolitan, until he buys a new Piaggio, and then finds out they're both made in China.

... unlike Kymco that is not made in China, but by Native American virgins downtown New York ...

You should all stop behaving like morons towards jp. Many people here ask questions about infamous healing qualities of sea foam, do not know how to fill up gas tank etc. yet you all, great mechanics, tell to jp that he does not know how to keep his scoot running. My scoot was also a dud, Kymco makes them and has quite low quality of used materials. His head gasket was blown three times, what does that have to do with him? It tells a lot about Kymco though.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
Au contraire, mon square, 3 blown gaskets reveal a pattern of abuse and neglect that is unacceptable to a true aficionado.

The beauty of the Chinese machine is its simplicity, and that is why we mechanics are able to decipher the intricacies of our Kymco scooters. Not so with an overly complicated and tempermental Italian machine, and it's even more difficult with a Japanese puzzle, with proprietary wrenches and special, secret tools only available to dealers.

While we share techniques and procedures as we develop them, it is really the inspiration we hope to achieve, the reassurance afforded to those who pay attention, and the confidence to open a CVT cover, a valve cover, a brake system, a carburetor, and eventually any part that isn't performing.

With proper dedication, anyone can master the art of Kymco mechanics, and those who do so are the only accomplished wrenchers outside of Taiwan, and experience is the only teacher.

Clearly, not everyone is capable of this, and without the interest, even the finest scoots can be flogged to failure, but those riders must disregard symptoms and ignore indications until the inevitable occurs.

Get to know your Kymco, it's your Kymco, and it's beautiful.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »
... unlike Kymco that is not made in China, but by Native American virgins downtown New York ...

You should all stop behaving like morons towards jp. Many people here ask questions about infamous healing qualities of sea foam, do not know how to fill up gas tank etc. yet you all, great mechanics, tell to jp that he does not know how to keep his scoot running. My scoot was also a dud, Kymco makes them and has quite low quality of used materials. His head gasket was blown three times, what does that have to do with him? It tells a lot about Kymco though.

There's no such thing as a dud scoot... and yes we act like morons...sometimes...  :D ;D :o

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
I hate cocky mechanics... I have to deal with those dumb asses all the time

Did you really say "a true aficionado"  :D
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2012, 02:35:54 AM »
Au contraire, mon square, 3 blown gaskets reveal a pattern of abuse and neglect that is unacceptable to a true aficionado.

The beauty of the Chinese machine is its simplicity, and that is why we mechanics are able to decipher the intricacies of our Kymco scooters. Not so with an overly complicated and tempermental Italian machine, and it's even more difficult with a Japanese puzzle, with proprietary wrenches and special, secret tools only available to dealers.

While we share techniques and procedures as we develop them, it is really the inspiration we hope to achieve, the reassurance afforded to those who pay attention, and the confidence to open a CVT cover, a valve cover, a brake system, a carburetor, and eventually any part that isn't performing.

With proper dedication, anyone can master the art of Kymco mechanics, and those who do so are the only accomplished wrenchers outside of Taiwan, and experience is the only teacher.

Clearly, not everyone is capable of this, and without the interest, even the finest scoots can be flogged to failure, but those riders must disregard symptoms and ignore indications until the inevitable occurs.

Get to know your Kymco, it's your Kymco, and it's beautiful.

That was beautiful... And the most you've ever said in one post! You are very much apprediated.
I was just gonna answer the 3 blown head gaskets with a quick... The head/jug is warped, and his mechanic sucks... Replace the parts not the gaskets.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 02:37:03 AM »
"Did you really say "a true aficionado"

I know, right!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()