Author Topic: Adios  (Read 13035 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Adios
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:14 AM »
That was beautiful... And the most you've ever said in one post! You are very much apprediated.
I was just gonna answer the 3 blown head gaskets with a quick... The head/jug is warped, and his mechanic sucks... Replace the parts not the gaskets.

+1,000,000  to CE and Zombie  ;D 

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 02:57:24 AM »
Come on, you guys, I was talking to Axy, he's like, a linguist, and 'a true aficionado' was all I could do to avoid saying 'anyone who isn't a douche'.

Oops.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »
Come on, you guys, I was talking to Axy, he's like, a linguist, and 'a true aficionado' was all I could do to avoid saying 'anyone who isn't a douche'.

Oops.

::) ::) ::)

..any update on our belt size Ce? :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;) :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 03:07:14 AM »
So you're saying everybody here but axy is a douche?

:D

You got sh** backwards
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 03:26:16 AM »
Yeah that didn't go as well as I hoped, Vivo.

The 815 20 30 Chinawango belt was noticably softer and rubbery than the 23100 KEC4 9000 Bando OEM belt, but very close in overall size. It was a little longer, which I wanted, to allow it to ride up higher on the variator.

So I mounted it with 14 gram rollers in a Koso performance variator, and it worked OK on take off, but the 14 gram rollers dampened the overall RPMs too much, and top end was a slow climb to 60 MPH.

My son came by and wanted to learn about the CVT so he could work on a scooter some Harley dude had, so I opened the Super 8 up again and put 13 gram rollers and the original Bando belt back in while I explained all the functions and ran it up to speed on the center stand so he could see it.

Imagine my surprise when the stock 13 gram rollers and the OEM Bando belt had a snappy takeoff, a virile midrange, and a sturdy top end to 63 MPH when I ran out of road. Here I was dicking around with all my clever notions, when the Kymco engineers had already produced the optimum combination. Durrr.

The cheapo belt would serve as an emergency replacement, but for reliable, competent service, get the original, even if it costs $60.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 03:30:37 AM »
Yeah that didn't go as well as I hoped, Vivo.

The 815 20 30 Chinawango belt was noticably softer and rubbery than the 23100 KEC4 9000 Bando OEM belt, but very close in overall size. It was a little longer, which I wanted, to allow it to ride up higher on the variator.

So I mounted it with 14 gram rollers in a Koso performance variator, and it worked OK on take off, but the 14 gram rollers dampened the overall RPMs too much, and top end was a slow climb to 60 MPH.

My son came by and wanted to learn about the CVT so he could work on a scooter some Harley dude had, so I opened the Super 8 up again and put 13 gram rollers and the original Bando belt back in while I explained all the functions and ran it up to speed on the center stand so he could see it.

Imagine my surprise when the stock 13 gram rollers and the OEM Bando belt had a snappy takeoff, a virile midrange, and a sturdy top end to 63 MPH when I ran out of road. Here I was dicking around with all my clever notions, when the Kymco engineers had already produced the optimum combination. Durrr.

The cheapo belt would serve as an emergency replacement, but for reliable, competent service, get the original, even if it costs $60.

That was great! At least, question were answered!  We get educated everyday!!! true aficionados!!!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:38 PM »
Au contraire, mon square, 3 blown gaskets reveal a pattern of abuse and neglect that is unacceptable to a true aficionado.

The beauty of the Chinese machine is its simplicity, and that is why we mechanics are able to decipher the intricacies of our Kymco scooters. Not so with an overly complicated and tempermental Italian machine, and it's even more difficult with a Japanese puzzle, with proprietary wrenches and special, secret tools only available to dealers.

1. 200, 250 or 300 cc Italian scooters are not "overly complicated". Mechanics of all scooters of that displacement is the same. Differences may start above 500 cc in premium class, but in that class, all scooters will be equally "complicated".

2. If you ever tried doing some work on Kymco, you would find out that there are also "proprietary wrenches and special, secret tools". They are in fact listed at the very end of service manual for various Kymco models. They are not available only to dealers, you can buy them too. A set would cost roughly like a new 125 cc Kymco scooters.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:12:45 PM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
How can you tell if your scooter mechanic is screwing your wife?

Two of his fingers are clean.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
The only thing I took any exception to was when the OP said (something to the effect  of) not much information here any more. As I commented I haven't seen one post/thread go unanswered so I'm not sure what he meant and it seemed like a swipe.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
....just th facts ma'am...

:-\

..we ramble, and it's why you see the same questions asked over and over...

..but you never know when someone else can share something that wasn't mentioned in a previous thread...

..yeah, the bullsh** level sometimes get's pretty high..

..some people just have no sense of humor...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »

ma'am?..... ::)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 07:43:24 AM »

Drag Net!

ma'am?..... ::)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2012, 02:58:06 AM »
...10:57 pm, July 25 2012...

...jpress is marking topics read or not...

..he still here!!!...lmao!!....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2012, 03:04:07 AM »
Slinger is our "gate keeper". He knows all of the insides of the forum. You can run but you sure cant hide Jpres... Git um _Slinger _Git um!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()