Author Topic: How much sleep are you getting?  (Read 3595 times)

YagerMySter

• View Profile
How much sleep are you getting?
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:49:41 AM »
I was watching the news and they were talking about how folks should sleep more.

So what's your average hours of sleep per night.
I did it and I'm glad.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: How much sleep are you getting?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:07 AM »
No matter what I do, I can only sleep 5 hours. So I sleep at 1 or 2 am.   If I sleep at 9pm, then I wake up at 2am. Shucks!  An I need my rum to sleep... ;)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
We all need more sleep. These days we got too many distractions and other interests to keep us awake and busy so we all cut back on sleep to fit it in. I try to get an average of 7-8hrs per night/day but i rarely do mid-week. I tend to go to bed 12:30-1:30am during the week and get up for work at 06:25am feeling like sh**an in need of far more sleep.

Been using an app on my phone to log and monitor my sleep for nearly a yr now and over the weekend i try catch up or bank sleep i missed or need. 10-12hrs sleep on a fri & sat are not unusual for me at all, some days i even take a day off just to sleep in andctch up cks im so tired.

Anyway i tend to average out to 7.5hrs per night if taken over the week. I like to grab a siesta at lunch too and often have a nap after dinmer on the chair or lying in a bath for an hr if im not busy. Think im about 4hrs up this week on my sleep which is unusual. From what i read you can bank sleep at weekends and this helps mid week when you cant get enough sleeptime in.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »
You are right about sleep but If I sleep more than 5 hours, I wake up with a headache...

My doctor also told me not to do anything in the bedroom but sleep. No TV, no reading, nothing.. except sleep.  This way, our minds will be conditioned and associate the bed with sleep.   So, the next time we see our bed, we will feel sleepy. Same with when we see food, we somewhat get hungry... something like that.... 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
You are right about sleep but If I sleep more than 5 hours, I wake up with a headache...

My doctor also told me not to do anything in the bedroom but sleep. No TV, no reading, nothing.. except sleep.  This way, our minds will be conditioned and associate the bed with sleep.   So, the next time we see our bed, we will feel sleepy. Same with when we see food, we somewhat get hungry... something like that.... 

nothing in the bedroom but sleep.mmmmmmmmmmmmm ok I wont go there.........

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
I don't sleep. Meth/crack/chewing coffee beans does me pretty good. I take a Valium if I get grumpy.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »
I'm a morning person, so I generally get up around 5-5:30 most days and do most of my activities before the world is up -- working-out, commuting to work, breakfast at a diner, then to work. Come evening my battery tends to run down, and I generally fall asleep around 11:30 - 12:00. It's hard for me to sleep in -- once day light gets to a certain level in the bedroom I just wake up.

I try to make sure I'm awake and alert before getting on my scooter, but yesterday I actually rode all the way to Philly, and when I went to park my bike I realized I wasn't carrying my computer bag. I had left it at home. First time that's ever happened in nearly 2 years of riding. Time to make stronger coffee.

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »
My friend the witch doctor, he told me what to do
He told me:

Oo ee, oo ah ah, bing bang, walla walla, bing bang
Oo ee, oo ah ah, bing bang walla walla bing bang

And then I wake up with a hardon, it's awesome.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
My friend the witch doctor, he told me what to do
He told me:

Oo ee, oo ah ah, bing bang, walla walla, bing bang
Oo ee, oo ah ah, bing bang walla walla bing bang

And then I wake up with a hardon, it's awesome.

HAHA! Funny, but TMI

-Wolf

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »
If im lucky i will get about...3.5/4 hours somtimes i will get 2 hours sleep. if i sleep for more than 8 hours i find it hard to "get out" of my dreams and i started loosing my grip a little so i tend to get small batches of sleep when i have work the next day but if i have afew days off then i will get 8+ hours.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »
A short night will be 7 hrs. (normal these days) a good night will be 9 hours (used to be before our 2 yr old.) Those were the days.

And if I can grab an afternoon nap I do, I work a PM shift so I catch up as much as possible.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »
I don't sleep. Meth/crack/chewing coffee beans does me pretty good. I take a Valium if I get grumpy.

Then you should be online when it's day here in europe! :D

At the moment i sleep around 5 hours a day, as i'm more and more often in here on the forum when it's night here, as it is day in america then. :p
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:56 AM »
when i hit 60 i started noticing......i was getting up 2 or three times a night.....long story short.....enlarged prostate....this led to doctor visits......and i am basically ok....take organic based products which helps some.....told me to stop drinking liquids and especially coffee after 10 pm....this helped.....but since i retired i am up all hours of the night......i only get about 6-7 of sleep.....and i am noticing i automatically get tired and cat nap for about an hour around 4 or 5 pm.....

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »
nothing in the bedroom but sleep.mmmmmmmmmmmmm ok I wont go there.........

you can do the other stuff elsewhere.... kitchen, back/front seat of car, tree house, on scooter, movie house, porch, roof top, etc.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 12:58:30 AM »
"Then you should be online when it's day here in europe!"

Look at the times of my posts! I'm generally posting 2-3-4am here. Vivo goes into the office, and I'm on my third whore, and 6th-7th eight ball. When the sun comes up I switch to Meth. It's more socially accepted here. Thank god for the retirement home down the street too. That's where I get the Valium. I "visit" the old people at "Meds" time, and trade cigarettes, and vodka for their pills. I like it here.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()