Author Topic: Naraku Traffic 4-Stroke 50cc  (Read 8501 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Naraku Traffic 4-Stroke 50cc
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 02:39:02 AM »
My gy6 Var kept coming loose no matter how tight I made it so Blue lock tite did it so far. I had the same issue with the flywheel. It actually wallowed the key, and slot so bad I had to spray the inside of the flywheel, and bed it on the shaft with wet JB weld to get it all back in shape. The flywheel pulled right off after the jb cured, and its held up about 5 months so far of EVERY day. I have a 150 bike I can get for a transplant engine and I do plan to build a monster gy6.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:44 AM »
Hows this for an idea... Taking the exhaust side of a turbo, and throw it out. Mount the intake side directly to a ported gy6 head. Attach your carb/manifold to the top of the turbo, and drive it off the engines cooling fan via belt/jackshaft to the turbine. I believe I can make this turbo work... http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_RHB31_VZ21_turbocharger.html   Run a 24mm flatslide, 7/8" exhaust, and be golden.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?mc=1&SKU=18056763
Drive belts...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bahiano

• * 90cc big bore rocks! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »
:D Wow Zombie, your plans sound exciting, but is this street legal? Here in Germany
I wouldn´t last long on the street hehehe... i try to keep it understated as the 50cc
are only allowed to run 45 KM/H (30 MP/H)  ;D

Yesterday i put on some blue Loctite on the clutch nut... hopefully now i will have peace...  >:(

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 07:10:06 AM »
Hows this for an idea... Taking the exhaust side of a turbo, and throw it out. Mount the intake side directly to a ported gy6 head. Attach your carb/manifold to the top of the turbo, and drive it off the engines cooling fan via belt/jackshaft to the turbine. I believe I can make this turbo work... http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_RHB31_VZ21_turbocharger.html   Run a 24mm flatslide, 7/8" exhaust, and be golden.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?mc=1&SKU=18056763
Drive belts...

hmmm...    a blown scoot....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »
It will look just like that.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
something like this.....

Question!    How can you make your scoot peak rpm of say around 7-8,000 turn the turbo to more than 60-70,000 rpm? gearing?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:03:24 AM by Vivo »

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
something like this.....

Question!    How can you make your scoot peak rpm of say around 7-8,000 turn the turbo to more than 60-70,000 rpm? gearing?

as thats a supercharger and it runs off the crank you could use diffrent sized pulleys to multiply the amount of revolutions. try and put a smaller pulley on the charger and a bigger pulley on the crank. this should effectivly make the charger spin quicker at low revs and at higher revs it will be up near its performance range......in theory  :P
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »
Yes, but Zombie will be making one.... you need to spin to compressor very very very fast.....  :P :P :P

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Yes, but Zombie will be making one.... you need to spin to compressor very very very fast.....  :P :P :P

yea thats why if you put a small pulley onto the compressor and a use a very large driven pulley,  that will spin the compressor very fast. 1 turn of large pulley results in 5/10 turns on the smaller one.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »
That is what I was thinking. A tiny pulley on the turbo, and the modified fan as the larger driving pulley. I haven't put pen to paper on it as the whole idea is just beginning.  I think an oil bath for the bearings is sufficient because there is no exhaust heat to deal with. It's just finding the correct gear ratio to drive it. Maybe a reduction drive transmission... It's still in that foggy dream state...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »
We're just talking about the spinning... the volume of air produced would be another story....  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 03:52:48 AM »
That's what I mean too. Spinning it up using the flywheel/fan. I think a groove cut into the flywheel for a flat style belt driving a reduction gear to the exhaust side of a turbo. It's not rocket surgery... The benefits are uncertain but maybe some junk yard parts to hash it out. Just a day dream for now but who knows.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 08:08:53 AM »
take a look at how peugeot made the supercharger work on the 125 4 stroke. might give you some ideas on how it may work out.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:13 AM »
take a look at how peugeot made the supercharger work on the 125 4 stroke. might give you some ideas on how it may work out.

Yes, I've seen that... I think the challenge on Zombie's homemade set-up would be the specs. Compressor size, pulley size, gears size, tubes, brackets, bolts, shafts, etc.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
Mainly shaft true, and support are the biggies. The rest is pretty straight forward. Finding working model parts CHEAP is the issue. I would hate to throw a bunch more cash at another scooter.             just a nice hobby type build.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()