Author Topic: Top speed for an S 200  (Read 30510 times)

ohiotj

• View Profile
Re: Top speed for an S 200
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
New member here.  Have had my S200 since summer of last year.  A little under 1500 miles so far.  I'm getting a top seed (indicated) of about 57-59.  Was hoping for a bit more.  Its good enough for my commute, but I'd like a little more for trips on country roads.  Planning on pulling the bodywork and checking the valve adjustment and reading the spark plug soon.  Anyone know if they tend to run a little lean from the factory?
2009 Kymco People S200 - the nice weather commuter.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 04:14:40 AM »
Olaha! If anything most of the scoots we all by run on the rich side unless we tune them. Lean Always $uck$, and Rich is never dangerous. If your scoot sat in a shed over the winter it most likely just needs to be ridden/ w/ Sea foam/whatever in the tank. A 200 doing 60ish? Makes me proud. You're doing the best you can...ever...! Kidding again! Your scoot will last forever if you treat it as a commuter. The S/8 150 is the $chtuff. Some engines will go forever if you want them to,
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

realestateguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
Hey All, I'm a new scoot owner and new to road bikes of any sort.  I bought my s200 last week and am grinning like a boarding school kid smoking pot!  I weigh in at 145 and have no trouble getting good speed out of my s200.  I have not fully wound it out yet, but have hit 65 indicated without much problem.  I guess it helps being a feither weight though!  Thanks for all the help this forum provided before I settled on a Kymco.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 12:47:02 AM »
and am grinning like a boarding school kid smoking pot! 

..that's "hippie grass"!!...

;D

..kymco hit upon a good design with their ppl lines...

..i recently bought a 2001 ppl 50 2t that i fell in love with...

..good to see you post, and Welcome to th' Forum!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »
 Welcome to the forum realguy. Had my s200 out today chasing parts and had a blast doing it. I noticed at one point today i was pushing 120kl with my fat behind on there with some throttle to spare.  The temp was a little cooler here since my last go around with the jets and seems to have paid off for today. Can't wait to get the rest of the parts for this one and button it up. It's a great scoot and i'm a 2t guy!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
today i was pushing 120km

..coolll.....  ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 01:30:07 AM »
I weigh in at 145 and have no trouble getting good speed out of my s200

..you have a long-term scoot there, my friend...

;D

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »
I have a new belt, new clutch and 14g sliders in my s200, which has about 6500 miles on the clock.

60 GPS is about it, but it does hold that speed up gentle hills. We don't have really really steep hills on the highways here.

When I take some steep hills on local roads, it accelerates all the way to the top.

But something limits it to about 60 MPH.

realestateguy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »
Thanks Guys!  Glad to be here!!!

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Well, knowing what I posted and happy with the Peoples S200, I went and made that move to stepping up! I know people said, "wait", you'll want something bigger and they were right! I traded in for a Downtown 300i and am looking forward to warm enough weather here in PA to ride. I decided that I wanted a higher crusing speed to go to some of the places of interest here in Western PA. What I didn't know about the S200 when I purchased it was it was only about 160 some cc. The 300i is listed at just about 300. I went from Red S200 to Silver in the 300. I started out by going to the 300i forum's prior to purchasing this new ride. As in here, there are very helpful people eager to help out. Thanks, 200 forum.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »
Good to hear Syl.  You aren't the only one who did some stepping up.  The top end I was able to see was 65 (gps) on a downhill with a 70mph tailwind  :o .

abobotek

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
New member here.  Have had my S200 since summer of last year.  A little under 1500 miles so far.  I'm getting a top seed (indicated) of about 57-59.  Was hoping for a bit more.  Its good enough for my commute, but I'd like a little more for trips on country roads.  Planning on pulling the bodywork and checking the valve adjustment and reading the spark plug soon.  Anyone know if they tend to run a little lean from the factory?

Kymco changed the jet size, making it smaller, a few years ago.  I don't know why, but my surmise is that it was to reduce emissions.   I upjetted mine slightly, but really don't know if this helped or hurt performance. 

I don't know how you jet an automatic - most of the jetting procedures involve killing the engine at speed, coasting to a stop, and inspecting the spark plug.  You can't do this with a centrifugal clutch because it keeps turning, driven by the rear wheel. 
Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

Obedient

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
2007 s200 top speed 100 klm about 60 mph 55 gps. 10 percent error in speedometer  about 18,000 miles.

people200S

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
To improve top speed, try a big windshield if you haven't already. Notice how much drag you create at speed by sitting in the normal position, then hunch down so your helmet flows right over the small stock screen. I gain over 5 mph on the top end by doing this, and you can really feel a huge reduction in drag.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
Per the manufacturer, the Kymco ppl.200 max. top speed is 57 mph. Per a scoot review mag. there is a 7% error on the speedo towards the high side.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()