Author Topic: Dark day for my Kymco  (Read 2542 times)

Zorce

• View Profile
Dark day for my Kymco
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:23:15 AM »
Well stopped to get gas today and walked over to get some paper towels and *bam*
My bike fell over. Not sure what happened. I guess the kickstand may have not locked all the way in.
Anyways it fell against a cement post then bent my windshield then lay flat. I picked it up and checked over the damage.

Windshield popped back into shape but looks like someone went sledding on it on the pavement.
left brake lever is bent/curled up.
right mirror slamed against the windshield and is all marked up and loose.
scuffs all over the side panels.

I was so annoyed about the situation I was ready to sell the damn thing lol

Question now, is the widshield done for? If so where can I get another stock windshield? Didnt see anything on Ebay.

Is there something I can do about the scuffed up side panels so they dont look so bad?

Anyone know where I can get another brake handle?
Any help would be great. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:51:40 PM by Zorce »
2007 Kymco Xciting 500
1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing

ce

• View Profile
Re: Dark day for my Kymco
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »
Stadium Yamaha will have most of the parts you need, and this would be a good time to get a Givi windshield from helmethead.com

I got my X already scraped up, but it's black, so I just colored the scratches with magic marker now it's not too bad. I did see some Kymco touch up paint on ebay, and I think Kymco123 may have some.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »
Yes on the Givi shield. And sanding the scratches to smooth them out, and then the touch up paint is about your only choice other than new plastic. Pin stripping can cover alot of damage also. :'( :-*

Zorce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Are the givi windshields taller than the stock model? I am not sure I want one too tall.
I just dont know enough about them.

Good call on the pin striping. I will look into that. Also touch up paint would be awesome. I think my bike is the charcoal color.
2007 Kymco Xciting 500
1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »
Givi is much taller. :-*

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 03:24:26 PM »
Yeah, you'll have to look through it, which I thought would be a hassle, but the peace and quiet, especially over 70 MPH make it totally worth it.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
Just giving my thoughts on the tall Givi Windshield....I wouldn't want it being I wear the helmet with the pull down partial sun visor and the full clear shield over top of that if wanted. Between the partial stock windshield and the helmet as explained, I personally do not mind the little bit of air rush. Further this helmet is the type that covers the ears also. I put Rain-X over it and was in the rain twice and it cleared very easily while moving.

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
sorry to hear that... had an accident too myself a few months ago.. damn that dalmatian! but after replacing some of the panels i'm falling for her again.... will post some before and after pics. project is still on going.
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

frankster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
Well stopped to get gas today and walked over to get some paper towels and *bam*
My bike fell over. Not sure what happened. I guess the kickstand may have not locked all the way in.
Anyways it fell against a cement post then bent my windshield then lay flat. I picked it up and checked over the damage.

Windshield popped back into shape but looks like someone went sledding on it on the pavement.
left brake lever is bent/curled up.
right mirror slamed against the windshield and is all marked up and loose.
scuffs all over the side panels.

I was so annoyed about the situation I was ready to sell the damn thing lol

Question now, is the widshield done for? If so where can I get another stock windshield? Didnt see anything on Ebay.

Is there something I can do about the scuffed up side panels so they dont look so bad?

Anyone know where I can get another brake handle?
Any help would be great. Thanks

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()