Author Topic: replacement battery options to support some extra lighting  (Read 1926 times)

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
replacement battery options to support some extra lighting
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
It has been 4 years on this OEM battery. It is not holding a charge. I am having to kickstart it when I do not ride it 2x a day.  So I know a new one will be good.

I have a question about replacement batteries for Agility. It seems that they come in different Amps.

What is the best battery (Amp capacity) to get?

Is there a particular one I should get if I plan on hooking up the Givi light kit or any other extra lights.

Thanks,

axy

• View Profile
Re: replacement battery options to support some extra lighting
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
It has been 4 years on this OEM battery. It is not holding a charge. I am having to kickstart it when I do not ride it 2x a day.  So I know a new one will be good.

I have a question about replacement batteries for Agility. It seems that they come in different Amps.

Is there a particular one I should get if I plan on hooking up the Givi light kit or any other extra lights.

Thanks,

The best is the OEM one.
You would need stator with higher Amp output, and not only battery with higher capacity.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
The best is the OEM one.
You would need stator with higher Amp output, and not only battery with higher capacity.
In my case, the worst is the OEM.. they use different brands for different countries... I just bought a better local brand here... 

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »

The same as stock.
I don't remember if mine was 7Ah or 9Ah.

Get a known brand, and out of those - the one with longest warranty (good luck finding one with over
6 months of warranty, though).

As for the lights, after you start the bike up, the lights don't need the battery so it doesn't matter.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
Appriciate the insight, and the reminder that the lights run off the generator/alternator once the bike is started.

Good news, my battery may have come back to life. I charged it for about 24 hours with an old (Sears) standard charger using the 2 Amp setting I thing - not a Battery Tender. The first time I did it it was 12 hours or so. 24 hours may have really let the charge take hold. After 24 hours the reading (going into the battery), looked like mayber 1/4 to 1/2 Amps.

Van

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
Don't expect it to last much longer even if that made it come back to life for a moment.

Make sure you always start the bike using the kick-start in the morning or whenever the
engine is cold. I never had to replace a battery on any scoot with a kick-starter. Ever.
 ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()