Author Topic: tuning  (Read 5138 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: tuning
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
..yeah streido bro..i did..   ;D  ...when i was typing it i said to myself, "Self, streido aint gonna go for this

:D i def think it does now revs better now ive had a few days running with the original cover off the filter, mine must be better  ;D

I can see how you say it opens it up, it does kinda feel like it breathes a little better. Again tho this could all be my imagination  :-\

Vivo, youre just a big OEM girly. ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
Pretty damn funny tho... Dr. No...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
2008 model, 22,500km on it, new stock belt, race variator with 5.1g rollers, shortened smooth boss (36.8mm instead of 38m long), stock clutch with drilled out bell, 1500rpm torque/contra spring, 1500rpm clutch fly springs, 92 main jet, k&n type filter.

Gets me beat good acceleration right thro, on wet days 42mph flats, 45-48mph downhill, 30-35mph uphill. On dry days 45-48mph on flats, 50-52mph downhill, 30-40mph uphills, unless its a monster hill then it will drop to 25-30mph up it.

Recently a few people have said below 6g is too light on 2011-2012 A50's. Far as i know Kymco didnt change anything so i dont know......cant speak for them, all i know is what worked/works for me.

stock belt. so you havent gone to changing to a longer belt, for more top end? what manufacture is best for belts?

also how did you shorten the boss?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »
I used to run a Malossi kevlar belt at 736mm long on a normal smooth boss but i get the same top end with a stock belt and shaved boss so i use that now. I found i got slightly better take off with the shorter boss and stock belt than i got with the longer belt.

I took my boss into work and did it on a lathe, it has to be bang on or you may get a wobble.

I like Nakura belts or Bando, not the cheapest one, they do a standard and a better quality one, i got the better one. Apart from the take off i prefer them cos they are a good tenner cheaper than the Malossi Kevlars.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 02:01:52 AM »
Vivo, youre just a big OEM girly. Grin

Yup! that's what I am... ;D ;D ;D  Everything OEM and cruise daily at 30mph... I'm not planning on more speed but years for my scoot...  ;)   For speed, I got a 1981 Mitsubishi Lancer, going to do an engine swap with a 4g63 engine, bolt on a pair of Webers, do some tuning, and do some 360's....if my age permits  ;D It's a joint project with my son.  ;)  Come to think of it, this Hot Roddin' is still OEM! Lol!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »

now thats a toy. forget project fuelinjection....  ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 01:41:08 AM »
..this was a fun project!..

:D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
Aha, the forced air induction project !!

Finding that through google (looking for ideas on supercharging) was how I came to this forum !!

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
Every mod that will require upjetting is an improvement in the air flow and more fuel fully burned is more power. But the power increase in such a little scooter engine are so little, that it for some will be more placebo effect than real kilowatts in your output. ;)

The stock air filter uses not only the actual filter to remove dust from the air, but also the change in air speed and pressure will force the dust, small air stones and water droplets to settle before going through the filter. Most open filters dont filter anything like this and many people dont use filter oil, which many of these filters need to catch the small particles.

Fitting an open filter will reduce the life of your engine, but if you really want the power increase, go with a K&N filter, as these are the ones who filter the best and still letting as much air as possible enter. :)

Good Luck ;D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
so thats some for yes and some for no. on whether the open air filter works on a 50cc.
 im still open to opinions. my mind not yet made up lol.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
+1 on the K&N...

...and skippy, every scoot, as well as every tuner is different...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
so thats some for yes and some for no. on whether the open air filter works on a 50cc.
 im still open to opinions. my mind not yet made up lol.

It will work and it will add power, yes. But not alot.

It's more a question if you like the looks, the sounds and if you yourself think that you can feel it. When i tried a powerfilter on my first agility i loved the way it looked over the standart filter and the sound were much more brutal (like it was mad at someone  ??? ) but when i timed the accelleration it were not really any faster. The difference were around the same as the difference between sitting straight or laying over the handlebars. And i still couldnt do a wheelie or burn rubber (with both wheels on the ground). :)

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
 And i still couldnt do a wheelie or burn rubber (with both wheels on the ground). :)
[/quote]

lol its a 50cc if you burnt rubber its because you were fell of the bike with nothing on but a condom.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
And i still couldnt do a wheelie or burn rubber (with both wheels on the ground). :)

lol its a 50cc if you burnt rubber its because you were fell of the bike with nothing on but a condom.

I know, it were just to say that you wont get sky high torque increase from doing this. ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()