Author Topic: never getting a Kymco again!!!  (Read 4386 times)

tomb2112

• View Profile
never getting a Kymco again!!!
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
today i was riding home from a job interview, i was traveling approximately 20mph behind a white van when suddenly he stopped. i stopped and wondered what he was doing as it was on a main road, at this point im about 5-6 meters behind him, the next minute i see his brake lights come on and suddenly hes charging into me!!! i tried to push the bike back as fast as i could and also beeped the horn to let him know i was here but no! straight into the front of me, the front end of my bike got sucked under the van!!! he didn't even realize what he had done, he just kept reversing, i got off the bike and went to his window to tell him to stop!! he got out and admitted straight away that it was his fault, police turned up and sorted it out, just waiting to here from insurance company to find out when the assessor is coming out to assess the bike, i think its going to be a write off though :( i have had so many problems with this bike its unreal!!! :(

tomb2112

• View Profile
Re: never getting a Kymco again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »
What does having a Kymco have to do with a stupid person in a Van backing into you. Does he only back into Kymcos and not Vespas. ???

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:55 PM »
Perhaps it's for the best.

Kymco can be a  cruel mistress.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
Can't tell for sure,  but you may be in the UK.  Tip #1.  Not that you may have been doing this.
Try to ride towards the center of the road in heavy traffic for better visibility.   Also is beneficial
when turning into the on-coming lane.    Several I know here have been killed because the vehicle
in front of them proceeded and the opposite on-coming vehicle turned into them,  because they didn't know they were there.   I'm 63...Your orange bike should have been seen.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:20 PM »
Would not have happened if you were on a Honda or Yammy! Or maybe a real bike like a Harley! LOL! Glad your not hurt, but the brand had nothing to do with you getting hit. Stupid had alot to do with it.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »
Hell if the insurance well give you a new scoot .tell theam to write that of for parts.and keep it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »
First rule in riding!   ASSUME THAT YOU ARE INVISIBLE! THAT OTHER DRIVERS CANNOT SEE YOU!

The scoot or even the brand of the scoot has nothing to do with your problems in riding. Maybe you should have known it by now..... or maybe it's a sign from the almighty, that you were born a pedestrian.... so, junk that scoot, buy a nice pair of shoes... and walk...

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 02:45:28 AM »
Holly came from Miami F L A
Hitchedhiked her way across the U S A
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her leg and then he was a she
She said, hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side
Come on, sugar, take a walk on the wild side
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 03:01:34 AM »

Try this... guaranteed not a Kymco!!!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:29 AM »
Hey Tomb,

Glad to hear you're okay. Sorry about your bike. I try to avoid riding too close behind trucks. For large trucks 100 feet behind them is considered a no zone as their mirrors won't allow them to see what's there. With this in mind I tend to favor the driver's side of my riding lane to keep a vehicle's side-view mirror in sight especially if I come to s stop behind them. If I can see them in the mirror, chances are they can see me. Favoring the driver's side also allows you to see cars in the on coming lane which can go a long way of protecting you from anyone turning - left, or right if you're in the UK, at cross streets and into you.  

Hope you get a new bike.

-Wolf

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »
Hello Tomb, Glad you're still with us!  Hundreds of years ago when I was young and stupid, I rolled through a green light for my lane and suddenly in my path was a giant Ford station wagon. He had turned against a red arrow into my path. I went into the front fender and over the hood. When I got up and limped to the curb he got out of the car and came over to me and screamed it was my fault! A cop gave him at ticket at the scene for failure to yield. Two weeks later I was back in the saddle(on a different bike of course). Just remember they are out to kill you. :-\
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 09:05:05 PM »
Holly came from Miami F L A
Hitchedhiked her way across the U S A
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her leg and then he was a she
She said, hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side
Come on, sugar, take a walk on the wild side

Lou Reed from NYC! Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side, and the colered girls say, Do di do, di do di do doo hey babe, take a walk on the wild side....
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 03:49:37 AM »
Why is it EVERY time a cage hits a scoot around here you all jump the guy like he followed the truck planning this. Maybe the bubble blowing twenty something was sucking off the van driver, and he spazzed! Maybe the scoot driver is a cereal killer looking for some Kix, and he can thank his Lucky Charms he didnt loose his Life. In any case show some f***ing empathy guys!

Now Now poor scooter dude. I made the bad people go away... Tell me where it hurts... I bet it's where he touched you isn't it. Pm me what he did to you~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 04:55:21 AM »
girl...twenty's... chewing gum....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()