Author Topic: I decided on a kymco, Please share the miles err... kilometers  (Read 3986 times)

mopedred

• View Profile
Hello all,
     I decided on a Kymco agility 50. I have just found out in reading the owner's manual .pdf from the
Kymco website that the Kymco headquaters is in the next state from me. I live in NC and the headquaters is in SC about 230 miles from me, a good sign I guess. There are also 2 kymco dealers
with in 30 miles of me. I will have the money for the scooter at the beginning of September. I also
plan on driving it to the beach when we go in October, about 100 mile ride. Riding up and down the
boardwalk around dusk and sunrise(East Coast). I can't wait! Hopefully I will have it broke in by then.
    If you reply please share how many miles you have on your Kymco and what problems you have had over your journey with it. I just can't wait to ride. I plan on riding at least an hour most night.
I was even thinking of buying a map of my state and hilighting were I've rode. Nothing to do, no where
go, Just riding. Hopefully riding will take the place of previous nightly drinking habit.
    Enjoy the ride, all.
"Where there is sunshine there is KYMCO".

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: I decided on a kymco, Please share the miles err... kilometers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »
I got a s8 125 last August 2011, has 9,700 on the odometer at present. No problems or issues whatsoever except the OEM tires are quite slippery on wet roads. Runs smoother and smoother with age. Just pamper it with the best fuel and oil available.  ;)  Ride safe!!

Trancebear

• Sucker For Discontinued Scooters
  • Retired Micro$oft Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »
Not sure on the 50's but I have seen several 250's go well past 50k Kilometers.
My Name Is Chris Y'all
2014 BMW 650GT
2014 Kymco MyRoad 700 Modded
2006 Kymco B&W 250
Threw Away All The Chinese Scoots

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »
I have a Yager GT 2001 which I got in 2010. Have 9500 miles on it presently. Only major problem was with the roller weights - had them replaced last year. Just had the front and rear converters cleaned and front and back brake pads replaced. Today she was purring like a horny kitten on my way to work.

Hope you plan on taking the back roads to the beach. A 100 miles is a long way if your top speed is only 40 - 50 mph, especially if you are carrying luggage and gear.

-Wolf

we is

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
x500  23,000 miles  runs smooth  only routine maintenance

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
Good choice.. I also have the agilty 50 it has close to 30km on it and so far I have done just the stock mods on it .cut cdi 5.5 rollers smooth drive boss. and a 85 jet. I have tried and lot of trial and error stuff but with my luck its better to keep my hands off. I do most of my own tuneing they are easy to work on your self ounce you get to know the bike.As far as a dealer I would not cound on theam for help with parts jsut because they sale the scoot dont mean they can get the parts and dont beleave theam when they say they can. its best to find a scoot shope close to home that can and has the parts you need. or its better to buy off line if your handy on working on the scoot your self.the warrenty you realy have to keep a eye on. the story on that is to long to talk about. but yet again it is a good scoot jsut rember to try to find some place local if you can for parts or it well be better to shope on line . good luck and welcome to the fourm..........

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
hello i have an a50 too. not much to compair to as im 32 and always had cars. first ped i have had, only got it to go to work on. had it 3 month and love it. so easy to work on. nothing wrong with it but prob stripped hole bike down now just to play.
not sure id like a 100 mile ride though on a new restricted 30 mph bike though. :-\

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Your not looking to take that 50 on the 100 mile ride are you, she won't keep up on highway speeds.

Mu peoples 200s has about 1,000 miles on her now, no problems other then a warpped rotor from the previous owner.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

mopedred

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 02:11:34 AM »
Thanks for the replies,
    It is an old road to the beach most people would be taking the interstate. I hope the scooter will
last a few years.

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
My XC250 just hit a 1000 miles - bought new this April.  Only issue I've had is the locked compartment under the handlebars.  The lock retainer broke in half.  The rest of the scoot has performed without issue.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »
i have a Agility 50 (was 50) now has a 72cc race cylinder, piston and head, race carb #100 main (plug is brown so all is good), polini filter, racing variator, sports clutch and bell, race CDi and a "tweed weave" exzaust waiting to be fitted aswell as a race crank and cam  8)
When she was a 50 i had no probs what so ever, before the big bore project i had 15,175 km on the clock piston rings were worn (obviously) and had alot of blow by and scorch marks and the cylinder walls had seen better days but she still ran well (they can take some punishment)
all is still good (with the 72) and i think its a great lil scoot, really easy to work on (just need to take the leap of faith)

hope all goes well with your Ag50 and you enjoy riding it

safe scooting  ;D  .....and welcome to the Forum
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
6000 km on my ag50 so far, but i discovered leaking pistonrings the other day, problably due to some mix of a too little stock main jet, cold weather when i bought it and an asshole selling me too thick motoroil in the winter. :/
My old agility had run 6000 perfectly with a derestricted boss when i got it, but it started acting wierd when i started experimenting with open filters and when i crashed it at 11000 km it were still running, but possibly with a compression leak too. :p

Anyway, the agility 50 is a good bike, if you change the main jet the second you buy it and then treat it well. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
Hopefully riding will take the place of previous nightly drinking habit.

That's not as strange an idea as it may sound to people who haven't been there themselves.. If you have easy access to some quiet back roads it can be really relaxing to just drive on and on with your mind focussed on your surroundings instead of other things - and with a stock 50cc 4T scoot it's even more affordable than cheap liquor  ;D

As far as reliability is concerned, all scoots will have little problems every now and then and then, this industry hasn't seen the same kind of development as the car industry, and it shows....

The most important is to find a mechanic who understands these small four stroke engines - or become one yourself... NEVER EVER let some amateur, who mostly repairs 2T mopeds and such, touch your Agility - I've seen way to many stories about shops that made customers pay for expensive misguided repair attempts, and sometimes even made such a mess of it that the owner had to give up on the scoot...

I've seen more than one Agility with over 50000 km on the odometer, and the local pizza delivery guy over here even had some 75000 kms (yes, about 47,000 miles) on his odometer the last time I looked....

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
My 2008 A50 now has over 22,000m on it and runs as good as it ever did, probably better in fact.

So far i have only had normal wear and tear issues, belts, rollers, etc and a couple of minor faults which were easily and quickly fixed. Considereing i ride everywhere at WOT and have tuned it up it is standing up very well so far and shows no signs of any problems.

Do regular oil changes,keep up on general maintenence and it should be fine. A 100 mile journey seems perfectly achievable with no problems,if youre not in a hurry to get there that is  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mopedred

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »
I would love to ride around all night and deliver pizzas. Sounds like the perfect job for Scooterhead.
I think I go apply at the pizza places around here after I get my scooter.

I will getting the Kymco Agility 50 next Friday. They are selling it for just over $1600 Out the door where I am going.
Another dealer was selling them for over $1900 with Tax and fees.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()