Author Topic: Rebuilding engine  (Read 10971 times)

The Rookie

• View Profile
Re: Rebuilding engine
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »
Thanks Zombie, very useful and just what I needed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
 ;) 8)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »
Just to close this out, engine all rebuilt (some time lost as I was out the country for 2 weeks and came back sick) and now running sweater than ever!

New parts much better than original, Piston was lighter with oilways for pin bore and addituional skirt oil holes as well as being Molybedum coated.

Thanks all for your help, although the quote in your sig sucks Zombie...I'm sure you wouldn't want me to start quotting Timothy McVeigh...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:40:02 AM by The Rookie »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
Good to hear. Glad it all sweet now  :)

although the quote in your sig sucks Zombie

No it doesnt, youre just an Englishman and not a Celt so dont get it :P

Mr Sands M.P was a true hero and i applaud everything he stood for, McVeigh was a lone nut who was not fighting for any cause but that in his little warped mind, but then i come from THAT side of Glasgow  ;D

Tiocfaidh ár lá my English neighbour  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
Since the Rookie's scoot's well and running, I guess we can make this a quote thread.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting" -
Che Guevara

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »
A true hero with illegal guns and a member of an organisation who had no qualms about terrorising their own community for their own ends......

Reasonable quote Vivo!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »
Weeeeellll Rooks, i know for a fact the catholic community were 99% behind the Provos ( obviously tbe Loyalists where 100% against tho), in the same way the Cuban community were 99% behind Che and Fidel.

If the community were NOT behind the movement then the Provos or the 26th of July Movement  in Cuba then there is no way these movements could ever have survived or operated as they did. I have personal experience of it, growing up in a city divided by the Irish situation and religion, they called the area i lived in "Little Ireland". I also have many, many friends and family from the Irish Republic and used to go there at least every few years on holiday as a kid and teenager so saw some and heard of some crazy sh** 1st hand.

I can understand how people say they were terrorists but looking at it as a whole i cant say tbe Provos did anything which was worse than that which was done to them or the catholic community by the British over the years. Not making excuses but just saying what i saw and know happened. I used to be amazed and facinated by the whole "war" and once i got older i did a lot of research into the whole situation. After studying it all i have to say i may not have always agreed with ALL tactics and operations but overall i have nothing but admiration for their commitment and sacrifice to end the occupation of their country and gain equal civil & human rights for the catholic community after centuries of being dominated and abused by the Brits.

Btw, i am Atheist not catholic so tbe religion aspect has no bearing on my stance, i just hate seeing any community or nation being bullied, used & abused and denied equality by ANY government or country.

Che was one of my greatest heroes, thats why i got him tattooed on my shoulder  :). Mandella is also a huge personal inspiration for me too, a living saint. (if i believed in all that saintly crap  :P )
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
I got a pull start for ya.               lol

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
I got a pull start for ya.               lol

:D lol :D
 Im sayin nothin ::)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
Weeeeellll Rooks, i know for a fact the catholic community were 99% behind the Provos ( obviously tbe Loyalists where 100% against tho), in the same way the Cuban community were 99% behind Che and Fidel.
Of course all those who recieved punishment beatings and kneecappings were behind them........far from 99% supported the provo's even if they were nationalists, I've worked with enough NI catholics to know 99% is hopelessly optimistic!

The Provo's killed more catholics than they did loyalists or those they considered 'British', not that the loyalist paramilitaries were any better.

Although the segregation of Ireland was in my opinion a mistake, after that self determination as stated by league of nations and then UN was being adhered to, remember the army was first in NI to protect the catholics from the protestants.

Frankly all paramilitaries in NI were as bad as each other, I don't hold any truck with any of them, most of the more intelligent were in it for what they could get for themselves, the rest they treated as 'cannon fodder' (more metaphorical than literal).

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
I love you. You love me. Were a happy family. (Barney the Dinosaur)

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002  ( our lovely ex world leader. G Bush)

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001  (same guy)

Castro was never loved by the Cuban people. He was bought, and paid for by Meyer Lansky / Sam Giancana. The same people that told Joseph Kennedy to keep his ass in Canada making booze. (Seagram's)  Cuba is still suffering because of American gangsters. (Kennedy specifically)

back to what started this... IF Bobby Sands directly hurt another person thru his actions I do not know of it. Willfully starving a man to death is barbaric in any definition. There must be some (unknown to me) joy in bullying.
There are two lessons I learned the day Bobby died.
NEVER GIVE IN!  And: The people that have NOTHING are the people that have souls.

I stand by the quote, and MR. SANDS.    "Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."
Bobby Sands

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »
One more... I have a 26 year old daughter, and two grandkids. We have been talking at length about re-claiming our heritage in Ireland. I'm very upset to have to call myself an American when in FACT I am not. Born here, yes. Would I die for this country? I'd rather not! There is no moral code here. The dollar is God in America. I don't want to get old, and die in a place I have no love for, and I want MY babies to have the PRIDE that has been missing thru my entire life.
At 53 years old I think it's time to get it together, and be where my family is/was/always shall be.

"The McLaughlins and O'Neills were descended from a long line of Irish High Kings who trace their ancestry to the fabled Niall 'of the Nine Hostages', who died in 505 A.D.  Nial's son Owen established the kingdom of Tirowen in present day county Tryone and for centuries this dynastic line ruled the North of Ireland from its royal seat at the Grianan of Aileach near Derry in Donegal.  Their kings were styled Kings of Aileach and later Lords of the Cinel Eoghain by the Irish annalists, many of whom were High Kings of Ireland.  In the 10th century the Kings of Aileach moved their royal seat to Tullahoge in Tyrone, the later coronation site of the O'Neill kings of Tryone.   The McLaughlins and O'Neills were the royal dynasty of the tribe known as the northern Ui Neill, or descendants of Niall 'of the Nine Hostages', whose progeny also included the O'Donnell Kings of Tirconnell, the O Melaghlin Kings of Westmeath (the southern Ui Neill), and the O'Connor Kings of Connacht in western Ireland."

You picked the wrong fight Rookie!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »
99% was just a figure i plucked out my head Rook, i was too lazy to look up exact figures but then nobody would know anyway really would they? The point is the majority, by a long way, did support the provos and the IRA before them. Had it not been for these brave fighters then i doubt the situation in Ireland would be as settled and good as it is today and the Catholics would still have little or no rights and would still be run by the rich and wealthy protestant land owners and their lackies.

The original IRA and the original Provo organisation where true freedom fighters who fought for the rights of their people because they drew their strength and recruits from the republican areas. Yes the army was sent in initially to protect the catholics from protestant attacks, and they were welcomed by the catholics, but this very swiftly changed and lasted only weeks. Families saw sons interned in Long kesh for simply being catholic or living in the wrong area and the whole situation was fu©ked up. I blame Thatcher, but then i blame her for a whole load of sh** and fkr being the cause of many of the problems in our country today, she was a mental bitch.

Today many of these groups, on both sides, are mainly involved in drugs, crime and protection rackets to make money and most of the members are basically gangster or thugs. Back in the day this was not the case tho.

Im just glad it has died down and both sides now mostly want peace and are willing to give up violence. I can see things flaring back up tho in the future if the underlying problem is ignored, ie British rule over Northern Ireland.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 01:50:16 AM »
"I blame Thatcher, but then i blame her for a whole load of sh** and fkr being the cause of many of the problems in our country today, she was a mental bitch."

After I hit "post" before... That was the exact thought I realized I had forgotten to post. Mental Bitch...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 02:41:31 AM »
Cuimnig do geallamnaca....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()