Author Topic: AG50 going  (Read 1563 times)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
AG50 going
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Well not quite yet will be the end of September maybe early October. Had toyed with a faster 50cc like a Gillera Runner or Sppedflight 3 but to be honest after de-restricting the AG50 and has been running better than expected. Thought of a 125 as well but with better than expected sales of my books this summer a dog and a baby on the way felt I may as well go back to a car will make life drier and warmer for me and greater flexibility with three children.

After a hunt and nearly going for a SEAT Mii have ordered a VW up! just the basic spec but with electric windows and central locking which are an extra on the bobby base model and the Sat Nav/Media/Bluetooth. Funny part is real world economy is actually only 5-10mpg less than my AG50 and road tax £4 a year more. Just a wee bit more costly to buy and £70 more a year to insure. Mine will be identical to this:

Will miss the AG50 in many ways but not on a really wet or cold day!! Which in the two months I have left will prove worthwhile with the current road works whilst they replace 1.2 miles of gas mains one of the roads to work.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:08:27 AM by jezyg »
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
Re: AG50 going
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »
I have done this many times over the last 18 years one year i want a car next i want another scoot looking back wish i had just kept both then i would never have wasted money buying and selling them over the years, i done my cbt last week as i ride my a50 on my car licence and im now insured on my wifes agility rs 125 and compared to the A50 it feels like a rocket and is great for the rural roads where i live that go on for miles before you get to the nearest town. My wife no longer wants to ride her scoot any more as she has a heart condition and also last week came of the scoot she got a badly grazed knee and a burn on the bag of her leg where the scoot fell on top of her hence why the scoot did not even have a scratch on it. So as she will no longer scoot i need to look into getting a car im thinking the hyundai i10 mainly because of the 5 year warranty and rac cover etc and just great value for money as for the scoots im keeping them as i have had enough of buying and then selling vehicles and losing to much money....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »
I have done this many times over the last 18 years one year i want a car next i want another scoot looking back wish i had just kept both then i would never have wasted money buying and selling them over the years, i done my cbt last week as i ride my a50 on my car licence and im now insured on my wifes agility rs 125 and compared to the A50 it feels like a rocket and is great for the rural roads where i live that go on for miles before you get to the nearest town. My wife no longer wants to ride her scoot any more as she has a heart condition and also last week came of the scoot she got a badly grazed knee and a burn on the bag of her leg where the scoot fell on top of her hence why the scoot did not even have a scratch on it. So as she will no longer scoot i need to look into getting a car im thinking the hyundai i10 mainly because of the 5 year warranty and rac cover etc and just great value for money as for the scoots im keeping them as i have had enough of buying and then selling vehicles and losing to much money....

Sorry to hear about your wife, it is all too easy to come off just down to bad luck and sometimes the weather conspiring against you. If I ever go back to two wheels it would be a 125cc. I have lost more on cars but even the AG50 will have lost £500 in a year at a guess when I get it on Ebay and sell it. i10 along with the sister Picanto was on my list just was not too taken by the looks and the wheels looked too small for the car IMO. But is better equipped than the VAG up! Mii and Citigo clones and some good offers on it too with plenty of spec for the money including A/C!! LIke you say five year warranty compared to the up!'s three is also good value. But I am biased as having a soft spot for VAG products  :-* Only thing other than personal taste the up! beat's the i10 on was the £149 three year servicing deal which is less than having a dealer service my AG50 at £60 a time over three years!
2011 Agility 50

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
I must admit i do like the look of the up never seen or heard of it before but it is ar really nice looking car and i do like its very bold shape if that is the correct way to describe it and it looks very user freindly, i have had to hire quite a few small cars over the last few weeks to take my wife to hospital appoitments, i have hired chevrolet sparks, vauxhall corsa's and fordfiesta's and why they are all trying to be very modern with bits of chrome round the air vents and dials that you dont know if your suppose to push or turn etc they all seem to go over the top in trying to be modern and stylish were as vw kia and hyundai seem to have a good balance of modern styling and simplicity at the same time....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:11:50 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
keep the scoot and have both..............

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
I must admit i do like the look of the up never seen or heard of it before but it is ar really nice looking car and i do like its very bold shape if that is the correct way to describe it and it looks very user freindly, i have had to hire quite a few small cars over the last few weeks to take my wife to hospital appoitments, i have hired chevrolet sparks, vauxhall corsa's and fordfiesta's and why they are all trying to be very modern with bits of chrome round the air vents and dials that you dont know if your suppose to push or turn etc they all seem to go over the top in trying to be modern and stylish were as vw kia and hyundai seem to have a good balance of modern styling and simplicity at the same time....

That is what I like about the basic up! no fancy trim to fall off a nice simple 3 cylinder 1 litre engine and a solid feel. Handled really well and was actually fun to drive.

Keeping both would be great, but I won't really use the AG50 much to be honest except in the summer most likely and for that I will use my push bike for the 10 mile round trip trying to prevent the middle age spread  ;D. Other issue is the my AG50 hates not being used, leave it for a couple of weeks as I have just don and is a pig to start taking about half an hour to get it going. Other issue is no where to store it especially with the Leon going for a bigger car so they both won't fir in the garage and still have the up! to park.
2011 Agility 50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()