Author Topic: I'm not liking the stock mirrors  (Read 2180 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
I'm not liking the stock mirrors
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a Like 200i. This is my first scooter and I must say it's a blast! If I have one issue it's the mirrors. They don't show enough of what's behind me. I can't really see behind my shoulders without moving to the left or right. It seems I need a post that extend out another couple of inches. Does anyone know of an aftermarket brand that would fit the Like 200i?

PetalumaJFL

• View Profile
Re: I'm not liking the stock mirrors
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
I've been having to manage the same issue. Got a speeding ticket because I didn't notice a moto-cop pacing directly behind me.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Exactly why I want a clear view of what's behind me. Who needs surprises? Sorry for your misfortune.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »
Hello Troutbum, I believe there is an alternate set of mirrors available on the Kymco USA website under accessories. They are more of an oval shape so the may show more of whats benind.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Red Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »
I put mirror risers on my motorcycle to resolve this problem.  These made a tremendous difference.  It raises the mirrors and moves them out to the side.  I used to see more of my shoulder in the mirror than anything else.  I feel a lot safer being able to see behind me.  They are selling risers to fit Kymco scooters on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8mm-Mirrors-Extender-Riser-Adapter-Honda-Kymco-Scooter-/300512070503?hash=item45f7ea4b67&item=300512070503&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
I ride the Like50, but experienced the same problem. Within the first month I ordered the different set of mirrors Kymco has to offer
http://www.kymcousa.com/access/like.html
I would like to point out that at the time I ordered them (November of 2011), what was listed was the chrome. What was sent was the chrome/carbon fiber. No biggie, especially now that they have them listed separately, but they do make a difference as they have a slightly longer viewing face. They aren't perfect (I'm 6'6" and would like a little more height in their stem and when wearing a jacket, the view isn't as full), but they are better.
sans scooter, rien

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

scooterchu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 02:34:31 AM »
I was thinking the same but for aesthetic reasons. I picked up some aerodynamic sporty mirrors; and not only did they not match the like anymore; but the vibration was TERRIBLE! So, now I'm using the OEM ones again and loving em.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()