Author Topic: Drained my 3-month old battery  (Read 1658 times)

PetalumaJFL

• View Profile
Drained my 3-month old battery
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
I drained my battery and now my LIKE200i will not start. Do I need to replace my battery again? Ideas

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
Re: Drained my 3-month old battery
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:21:13 AM »
Put a trickle charger on it for a few days then test it.  I drained a new car battery down to 4v once, but after a 3 day trickle charge it was no worse for the wear.  There is always the chance you killed it for good, though.
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »
Open the caps to see if any of the electrolyte has burned off. If it has add distilled water only. If it is empty add battery acid from an auto parts store, and charge. They usually do come back when they are that new.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »
I drained my battery and now my LIKE200i will not start. Do I need to replace my battery again? Ideas

Most probably not.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

JennJenn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
Never a bad idea to get a battery tender if the scoot is ever going to sit for any amount of time. Good cheep investment for all two wheeled toys.
2 wheels = best therapy a girl could ask for

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »
To reduce battery drainage while not in use place a rubber mat where the feet of your center or side stand meets the ground.

Tenders usually come with ringed lead adapters so you can permanently install a quick hookup port. I leave mine hanging out the bottom of my Like 200i. Please note that a quality tender has built in safety features to prevent charging when a battery is detected with voltage below a predefined amount.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()