Author Topic: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.  (Read 12478 times)

mopedred

• View Profile
Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:32:52 AM »
I been smoking ever since I turned 18 I am in my 30's now. It's kinda funny because
during most of my time smoking I never tried smokeless tobacco not even once.
My dad smoked so when I turned 18 I started smoking. His dad, my grandpa, chewed and so my
dad smoked and chewed but started way before the age of 18 though. I have a memory from
when I was a kid fishing with my dad. He would take others out in his boat so they could fish.
This guy who dipped was fishing with my dad and me. I remember opening his can of dip thinking
it was a can of worms. So there I was with my fingers all in this man's can of dip looking for worms.
I said to my dad "where are the worms". I did not even know what it was. 
   Anyway I do not want to smoke anymore so recently I been trying dip pouches. Right now I have
a roll of Grizzly Wintergreen pouches. They just don't seem as addicting as cigarettes. With cigarettes
I am smoking as soon as I get up to when I go to bed. With dip I used 4 pouches yesterday and 3
today. What do you guys think "is smoking more addictive than smokeless tobacco". I did notice when
I previously started smokking again after I started dip I did smoke more. Hopefuly I can stay off
cigarettes this time. I do enjoy nicotine.
"Where there is sunshine there is KYMCO".

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:39:39 AM »
I met my current wifes uncle Leo about three years ago. He's an un educated swamp rat. NEVER been out of Liberty County Florida. From his right side profile he looks like any normal fella that has lived in the woods for 70 years. From the left side profile there is something missing... His JAW. YUP It's the Dippin' that took it. Quit BRO!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:46:56 AM »
I met my current wifes uncle Leo about three years ago. He's an un educated swamp rat. NEVER been out of Liberty County Florida. From his right side profile he looks like any normal fella that has lived in the woods for 70 years. From the left side profile there is something missing... His JAW. YUP It's the Dippin' that took it. Quit BRO!

tadaaaaaa!!!

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »
trying to quite my self and find e lite good eletronic fag. not had a fag in 3 weeks.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »
also bad for the health....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »
trying to quite my self and find e lite good eletronic fag. not had a fag in 3 weeks.

Me either~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
Mopedred,

Congrats on trying to quit, and if the smokeless pouches helps you get there, then I say go for it, just don't get addicted to the stuff and end up trading it for cigarettes. As the others have posted both are pretty horrible (cigarettes and smokeless), though I imagine cancer of the jaw, throat and/or tongue can be pretty gruesome.

-Wolf

YagerMySter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »
I wish smoking and chewing tobacco tasted like turds smell.  That way I would never have started.

My latest run of quiting smoking has been 4.5 solid years.  With the money I saved, I bought a scooter and a new tractor.  :-)

:-)
I did it and I'm glad.

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
I can send you Swedish snuff. Don't use myself but I gave it to people around europe and som Americans. They liked it:o

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 01:24:33 AM »
I smoked cigarettes for 27 years and stopped in 2001. Started with Winstons  to Marlboros then Camels.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »
I quite smoking 3 years ago using ecigarettes, and so have many of my friends. The exaggerated stories of "exploding ecigs" have been just that, and probably by big tobacco. Like any electronic device you have to use the right charger and accessories. The instances of these exploding (as much as a battery can explode) are from cheap cheap CHEAP crap models people buy for $5 direct from china or home made "mods" with ridiculously huge batteries. Or buy one from a gas station and try to charge it with a charger from a completely different model purchased at a different gas station. Really the technology is no different from a flashlight, except the filament heats a liquid and turns it to vapor. How many times has a flashlight exploded in your hands??? I personally use only Joyetech products and US made eliquid. No smoke. No tobacco. No carcinogens. It's far less harmful, if they're even harmful at all.

That's my 2¢

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:03 AM »
I stopped smoking because I wanted to. No ifs, no buts, no alternative... just stop.

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
I quit smoking 40 years ago , every time I felt the urge, to smoke ,I had sex instead, wifes permission of coarse, on holidays 28 days on wakikee beach,.

mopedred

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 02:17:22 AM »
Thanks guys. I definitely want to quit smoking. Maybe I'll try snus "it is suppose to
be safer" to I can quit tobacco.
"Where there is sunshine there is KYMCO".

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »
I smoked since i was about 14-15, im 40 now and hope to quit (again) tomorrow or once what i got is finished.

I always found the best way is just to go cold turkey and not touch it at all. I stopped smoking at work over 12yrs ago when i had a job in a mine so we couldnt smoke while underground for safety reasons. Lots of guys stuck homemade flavoures tobacco under their bottom lip while at work and i did try it once but it burns the hell out of your mouth i found so i didnt take that up. They all said you got used to it and the burn went away but it wasnt for me, especially after seeing photos of folk with mouh cancer from it.
I did go thro a few months of using menthol tobacco snuff which i admit i did kinda get a liking for but i also quit that cos i felt it prob did more harm than the cigs did, it was nice tho at the time i thought.

Now i only smoke at night and roll my own "special blend" (if you know what i mean  ;) ) but im at the age now i want to stop it all so plan on stopping by tomorrow for at least a while. I wont say i will never smoke again but i dont plan on doing it regularly ever again.

I always find the 1st 2 wks are the worst, get to week 3 and its all in the mind after that. I just take it one day at a time or even 1hr at a time if i need to. It is hard but the benefits of not inhaling poison, even if it is good, is well worth the effort.

Im gonna be a bitch to live with the next few weeks........ :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()