Author Topic: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.  (Read 12820 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »
Meant to add, my wife used one of those e-cigs and said it was good, helped her quit a few months ago. I just prefer going straight off it, i cant cut down, i just need to stop altogether or i end up back where i started.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mopedred

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 01:35:23 AM »
I have a grizzly wintergreen pouch in now. I have to confess I've been smoking for the
last few days. I gone though half a carton now I want to quit again. Smoking is now effecting
my body physically. I just don't want tar in my lungs anymore or my heart rate and blood
pressure go up because I smoke. I hope you can quit. Dip is the only thing keeping me from
smoking. Plus a roll of dip will last me longer than a carton of cigs and it is cheaper.
"Where there is sunshine there is KYMCO".

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 03:56:40 AM »
Most states now have free nicotine patches thru the health dept. You may want to look into that as an option. It was all part of the tobacco company settlement some years ago. It's just now being implemented in most of the US.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Well im now coming up for 36hrs without a smoke of any kind  :)

Normally im fine for 2-3 days till my body reserves of nicotine and chemicals run out then the cravings kick in for me.
If i can get thro this 1st weekend i should be ok, at least for a while. I firmly believe that saying "once a smoker, always a smoker", i knkw guys who quite 15-20 yrs ago who still get cravings even now. I just treat it like any other addiction or think of it like being an alcoholic. One day at a time..........

Thing is that i just settled an insurance claim so im waiting for a cheque arriving any day now, i feel the need to go celebrate which is always a bad idea.........

My name is Streido, and im an addict  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
tell me about the cravings. been 3 weeks on e fag now weening down but last two days gutting the bathroom and re cladding it all etc. so stressed with it all,so back on the fags the last two days. none today though just e fag again. feel back to squre one .

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
tell me about the cravings. been 3 weeks on e fag now weening down but last two days gutting the bathroom and re cladding it all etc. so stressed with it all,so back on the fags the last two days. none today though just e fag again. feel back to squre one .

At least you didnt just throw in the towel and have quit again, thats the main thing. I wont ever saw i will never smoke ever again cos i know i will at some point but hopefully it will just be a one day relapse now and again, i dont ever want to go back to doing it every day now.

I worked out i spend about £180-£200 per month so realise i could use that cash for better things, thats whats been helping me this time. I really dont want to burn up that kind of cash every month, no matter how nice it is at the time. I could pay a 2nd mortgage on a small flat for that kind of cash!

If you got an android smartphone look for Quitnow app, it logs how much you spent and keeps a running total, also shows how your health improves every day too.

I totally expect to buy a 10 pack next time i go out with my mates, if i dont then great but if i do its no biggie as long as i dont smoke the next day.

Im 1 day & 20hrs now, saved just under £16 so far  ;D

Prob keep away from this thread in a day or so as the weekend approaches cos i guarentee i WILL want a smoke over the weekend so i need to try keep my mind off it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »
Good luck w/ that...

:-*

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
I agree 100% with that song, well the cigarettes bit anyway for sure, but just dont want to waste that kinda cash on it. It has nothing to do with health for me cos i totally believe its all genetic or in your head as to whether you end up with cancer etc, look at all the old folk who smoked for decades and outlived non-smokers by 10, 20 or even 30+ yrs. My own Gramps smoked from about 12 yrs old, filterless or self rolled, no poncey filter tips, and he lived in to his late 80's with zero serious health problems his whole life.

Its purely financial for me, if they gave away free smokes i would never quit, but they dont, so i have  :)

............at least till this weekend anyhow  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 05:19:59 AM »
What do smokes cost there? I smoke Newports @ 7.00 pack. They were 10.50 when I left NY 10-12 years ago. Over 15.00 in NY now

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
What do smokes cost there? I smoke Newports @ 7.00 pack. They were 10.50 when I left NY 10-12 years ago. Over 15.00 in NY now

Smokes are about £6.50. ($10-$11) per 20 pack, that not the problem, it all the "accessories" that add the cost. I do not smoke regular cigs anymore, stopped that about 12-14yrs ago after my 3rd collapsed lung (no im not joking, that sh** did happen). Only been smoking special blend roll your own since then. Works out at about £23 for cigs, £1 for papers, and £30-£45 for the other per week depending on who has it and how good that sh** is. Comes to roughly £200 ($310) per month on average tho on holidays or if a bro need a bung then it can be more  :o

I could go back to regular plain cigs but wheres the fun in that? I'd sooner just quit  :)

Fu©king Fridays here now, weekend starts here, this is when it gets more difficult. All the excuses start up "Man i've worked all week,  i deserve to chill over the weekend" etc. Problem is i dont know anyone who sells small weekend amounts so i end up with an Oz of sh** and come Monday i just carry on blazin it up all week, then it ends up going round and round again......

Nah, this is it, im going full cold turkey and beating this sh** right now. Need a few months off before i can even condsider a small relapse  ;D

Thinkin of puttin away the cash i would spend towards an island home in the sun, that way i got a good reason to keep going.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mopedred

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:04 AM »
Got a can of dip in my pocket but the first place I went on my new a50 was to the store to buy
a pack of cigarettes. At the Murphy USA I can buy a pack of Pall Mall for $3.01 a pack. I live in
NC and Tobacco tax is not so bad here. They wanted to put a $1.00 tax increase a pack but they
never did. NC is a Tobacco state.
"Where there is sunshine there is KYMCO".

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
I've sent a few NC cartons up north in my time here.
Quitting "Premium smoke has never been an issue for me. It's the one you get at the store that kick my ass. Between the two I spend about 700.00 month. I know. It's a mortgage payment... I like renting. My dogs/cats will tell you that.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 02:41:55 AM »
Cigarettes here costs less than one U.S. dollar per pack....  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 05:16:18 AM »
Hell... One dollar here costs $3.50. So that makes your cigarettes what?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 05:25:43 AM »
...and you can buy cigarettes here by the stick....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()