Author Topic: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.  (Read 12818 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 05:41:04 AM »
I'd give that guy exact change!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 05:44:52 AM »
I'd give that guy exact change!
of course...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »
Cigarettes here costs less than one U.S. dollar per pack....  ;D

Yeah Vivo thats cos the UK and US owner tobacco corps realise the Western market is drying up nowadays so they need a new customer base. I lived in Africa for a while in the late 90's and it was the exact same there. Theyre like crack dealers, offer it cheap or basically free, get the suckers hooked then raise the prices....... >:(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 05:13:34 PM »
Yeah Vivo thats cos the UK and US owner tobacco corps realise the Western market is drying up nowadays so they need a new customer base. I lived in Africa for a while in the late 90's and it was the exact same there. Theyre like crack dealers, offer it cheap or basically free, get the suckers hooked then raise the prices....... >:(
lol not to bad here. i roled my own. cost £7 a 50gram poutch but wife and son smoke too son nicked mine so had to get 5 pouches a week

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »
I tried rolling tobacco, Drum and G.Virginia, but just couldnt get to enjoy it, made me want to not smoke  :D

Went from B&H, thro a phase of Woodbine and Senior Service (Dont even ask, we thought we we're cool ok), Marlboro then settled on Berkley Menthols for a while  ::)

Once i quit regular smokes i still used the Menthols in my doobs just cos i was used to them and it was too confusing to get my brain to tell my mouth to ask for a different kind.

4 days 21 hrs and counting now with zero smokables so far. Funny thing is im not that bothered this time for some reason  :-\ Usually im climbing the walls, cant sleep and strangling the wife by now  :D

Thought about calling a man earlier cos i had lots to do today and thought i maybe could use a smoke but i just had a bowl of chilli and some doughnuts instead. I may end up a fat bastard soon  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 01:21:25 AM »
It happened to a buddy. He ATE cigars all day long. ALWAYS had one in his mouth. He quit, started eating sunflower seeds to help the hand mouth motion. In 8 months he wound up in the hospital from high blood pressure. All the salt
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 08:01:29 AM »
At 8 days 8hrs & 41 mins now  :)

Almost caved on Sunday but didnt.

May end up divorced but at least i wont smell of stale tobacco at the singles/divorcee club  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
the last week had 2 or 3 fags a day so not good. but doc started me on patches today. high strenth but no craving at all today.
 good on you streido keep in there

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
I tried patches myself years ago but had to rip it off cos it felt like it was burning my skin  :o

Got a script for Nicorette gum after that and they helped, i think. Couldnt be arsed going to the doc this time to get another script for more gum this time so just went cold turkey. Takes a week of not smoking for all the nicotine to get out the body so im past that now, just will power and headgames to play now to keep off it.

Oh, and the 3-6 months to get all the remains of doobage out my system but thats not addictive like nicotine, more like addictive like chocolate  :)

Ordered a set of pocket scales off ebay tonight for weighing variator rollers and all i was thinking was "They would be great for checking the weight of my next bag of grass"  :D

Still been ok tho, managing to keep busy to keep my mind (and fingers) occupied on scooter related things and away from smoking.............so far at least.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »
A friend of mine switched to a cheap brand that he dislikes... like the taste was awful!... It was sooo damn awful that he just decided to quit...   True story....  everyone I guess has his own style of quitting....

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »
I don't blame him! I can't smoke those cheap ass cigarettes either.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:40 AM »
Ordered a set of pocket scales off ebay tonight for weighing variator rollers and all i was thinking was "They would be great for checking the weight

When I first started tuning I went to the post office to weigh my rollers. They were happy to help. Now I go weigh small brown paper bags once a month. "It's more rollers". Gotta love a small town

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:48 AM »
 :D :D :D :D

I get it  ;D

Those small digital scales are cheap now

Be careful though, that's another charge... In NC anyway
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »
he's still on topic....   ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 07:18:36 AM »
It's a fine line... topic wise.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()