Author Topic: Checked My Mileage For The First Time *#$@%^^##  (Read 11643 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Re: Checked My Mileage For The First Time *#$@%^^##
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
I'm sure this makes a big difference.....I live in a hilly area all around and most running is up and down hills. Further, I am 6' 1", 245-250.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
the slightest little things can affect your mpg..weight, height, terrain, weather conditions, traffic conditions and time constraints (late for work, going fast)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:21 AM »
40.58 mpg on the last tank of unicorn piss from Shell.  I might add the last 104 miles was performed in a blast furnace on asphalt in stop n go traffic. All of the driving was performed when the temp was over 100 degrees.  Come on Techron!  Next tank Chevron with Techron!
I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
I'm sure this makes a big difference.....I live in a hilly area all around and most running is up and down hills. Further, I am 6' 1", 245-250.

So do I, inclines up to 18 %. However, it is neutral as a sum, what you spend going up you save going down.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
I couldn't form a new topic so will just change in the middle of the stream here! I had my first ride today on tarred and chipped roads. Seems like all communities pick a day for this and darn...they are all over. My knuckles are sore from squezzing the handles and each move on the road felt like if you'd make a slight turn..you're going for a ride on the chips. Especially with the roads being beveled, this was really nerve racking, I think I'll wait for the 4 wheelers to smooth these roads down!

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Put some Grip Puppies on yer handlebars, they're so soft it's like hangin' on to titties.

Mmmm, titties.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
I don't believe I can come up with a reply to that one !! thanks though !!

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »
I don't believe I can come up with a reply to that one !!

Well said.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Well" that's better than a post of about a year ago when someone stated he was going to put a rubber on his thingy to repair his scoot? ;) :) :D ;D :o 8) ::) :P :-*

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »
yea you wont get STD's (scooter-transmited-diseases)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 02:26:45 AM »
Diesel engines need to be calibrated/serviced after some thousand miles, the cost of calibration is very expensive. So, what you save from diesel fuel, you spend on calibration.

I also don't like diesel vehicles. Here, 99% of SUVs and Pick-ups are diesel. No gasoline variants are being sold, so you're stuck with them. Cars are all gasoline except for some models of BMW, Audi, MBs.

This is a Ducati Monster Diesel....

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 06:06:09 AM »
Diesel engines need to be calibrated/serviced after some thousand miles, the cost of calibration is very expensive. So, what you save from diesel fuel, you spend on calibration.

I also don't like diesel vehicles. Here, 99% of SUVs and Pick-ups are diesel. No gasoline variants are being sold, so you're stuck with them. Cars are all gasoline except for some models of BMW, Audi, MBs.

This is a Ducati Monster Diesel....

1. There is no such thing like "diesel calibration".
2. Ducati Monster Diesel does not have a diesel engine. It actually has a regular gasoline engine and "Diesel" is just a stupid Italian clothes brand.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 06:33:56 AM »
1. There is no such thing like "diesel calibration".
2. Ducati Monster Diesel does not have a diesel engine. It actually has a regular gasoline engine and "Diesel" is just a stupid Italian clothes brand.

Just joking about the Ducati diesel bro....  ;D ;D ;D

But the Diesel calibration... sorry about the terminology but that's what we call it here in our country....

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=diesel+calibration+philippines&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »
Just joking about the Ducati diesel bro....  ;D ;D ;D

But the Diesel calibration... sorry about the terminology but that's what we call it here in our country....

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=diesel+calibration+philippines&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's high pressure pump injector cleaning/servicing/change... happens at 100-150.000 kms or sooner, if the fuel is dirty.
This is also the reason why you do not see diesel cars in Asia and Africa. Fuel is too dirty and full of sulphur, modern sophisticated diesel car high pressure pumps would die there in a few weeks.
Gasoline powered engines just burn all that crap. :) :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
That's high pressure pump injector cleaning/servicing/change... happens at 100-150.000 kms or sooner, if the fuel is dirty.
This is also the reason why you do not see diesel cars in Asia and Africa. Fuel is too dirty and full of sulphur, modern sophisticated diesel car high pressure pumps would die there in a few weeks.
Gasoline powered engines just burn all that crap. :) :)
well, we still call it calibration... ;D

Small player gas stations have dirty diesel but the big ones (Shell, Petron, Caltex, etc.) are not dirty. We have low sulfur diesel fuel here and we have lots of diesel cars here. SUVs and Pick-ups sold here are all diesel except for some American SUVs. Popular diesel cars here are BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Audis, Ford, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Toyota, etc.  We don't have diesel SMALL cars here because they are more expensive than the petrol model. The market for small cars are those with limited budget and a diesel small sedan is out of the question. A Ford Focus diesel costs 1,200,000.00 pesos while the petrol model costs 900,000 pesos. A 1.2 Kia is a lot cheaper and consumes very little fuel.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()