Author Topic: Need advice on my "new" used Agility 125! helpful maintenance tips?  (Read 1152 times)

caleb31

• View Profile
Just got my Agility 125 about three weeks ago from a girl in Nashville for $600. Body is really decent shape with roughly 5,200 miles on it. She said she changed the oil and took care of it but it's my baby now. I don't know hardly anything about mechanical stuff (dad was a great musician though!). What can I do to make sure this scooter runs for awhile?

So far, with the help of a friend, I have changed the oil (Amsoil or Amsol), changed the fuel filter to a little better filter, re-painted the black fender and mirrors, and bought brake pads. Ya I bought them... not installed them. Still working on trying to figure out how to do that? The hoses and everything look good. I replaced some missing and loose screws. Should I change the spark plug? Anyone recommend a certain type or kind (i'm mechanical illiterate so whatever you tell me I'm going to tell the Autozone guy)? I did figure out where the spark plug was so I think I can change it relatively easy.

I can't read my brake fluid level on the right side of the scooter, nor would I know what I was looking at or how to fix it if I could. Is this something that regularly needs attention? Also, I read about changing out  or adding to your gear oil. Opinions on that? Is that easy?

Lastly, what have you done to your scooter to keep her going? any reasonable upgrades that you saw improvement with?

I'm seen this forum and I got high hopes and respect for the guys on here. I know most of you have knowledge in this field far above my head so take it easy please... Thanks in advance!

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice on my "new" used Agility 125! helpful maintenance tips?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
just keep up to date on servicing, regular oil changes, adjusting valve clearences once in a while...just the regular up-keep really. if you look after her she will look after you.

i did have afew probs with mine but this was after many MANY miles of WOT (wide open throttle) the carb decided it wasnt gonna let fuel get to the engine so it was becoming irratic and was constantly dieing on me..thats the only real problem i had plus mine was a 50, you have the 125 version. mines been big bored to 72.

hope you get on well with yours and let us know what you learn (its all a big learning curve and experiance comes from practice)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()