Author Topic: What if I just changed the boss?  (Read 7924 times)

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
Re: What if I just changed the boss?
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
I would eat her lol.
My "50cc" hehehe "50cc" will max as fast as my friend with an every bolt on possible 150 china poop tao tao, and will run as fast as my friends stock KLR250 to 70 mph on his gauge. I gave a guy on a 750 yama virago v twin a run to 60 a few days ago. I have people pulling up to me at stop lights telling me how fast I was going and theyre scared for my life lol. I told my friend with the tao tao to find him some gears.
In the end I think Id rather have a 49cc stamp on my engine case, throw a kit on that b1tch, than have to go license and register a comparable speed 150. He does how ever kill me in the gas mileage portion lol.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
Ah ya the real question, expect to spend a lot of money if you go to the dealer, if you only change out the boss you will get about 40-45 mph going down hill, there should also be a restriction in the exhaust as well, take that out and you should rejet the carb up 2-3 sizes at the same time, maybe 3 if you do some air box mods too. Do those 3 things and you will get around 55-60 downhill, just remember your brakes were made for sub 40 mph speeds and going downhill doesnt help them.
I would honestly just get some tools and a book or the internet now that it is the 21st century and forget about that warranty. I havent seen any real problems on brand new bikes until 4-5 years later. No problems that would worthy of "warranty work". And that "warranty work" is within very thin guide lines, they will screw you over if they can.
Is it the 2 or 4 stroke agility also? I never looked lol. Im basing the speeds off of the 2 stroke. maybe less for 4 stroke?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
 Im basing the speeds off of the 2 stroke. maybe less for 4 stroke

I was going to say the speeds you quoted are extremely optimistic for a 4 stroke A50. Never seen any 4t Agility hit 60mph+ ever. Fastest i got has been about 52-54mph indicated on the speedo, think it came out at 48mph on gps if i remember.

Guess the 2t is a much more tunable machine. Exhaust on the 4t is not really restricted and theres no real need to upjet after fitting a larger bore one, i know cos i run a Leo Vince and plug chops read exactly the same after fitting it on the same jet.

Doing the things you mentioned will prob not get you over 50-52mph indicated downhill. Getting past 50-52mph reqs a lot of time, patience and trial and error.

Im now on an open filter, 92 main jet, race variator, short boss, Leo Vince exhaust, etc and only get 50-53mph downhill on a good day, and thats not GPS but speedometer speeds.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
Damn you guys really need to swap a 2t. Id be mad if thats all I got after that much work.
Is there no aftermarket gears for the 4t? Is it a GY6 clone?
I would always upjet anytime the air flow volume has increased. If not later you will find failing rings or worse a melting piston under the wrong conditions. This rule goes for any 4 stroke air cooled engine, if you change the air box to let more air in, pilot must be changed,if no pilot then needle clip raised, exhaust only is main jet raise since max rpm power should be more it needs more fuel to maintain that rpm without excessive heat, if exhaust and airbox replaced, pilot and main jet must be stepped up. Its just my 2 cents with 18 years of motorcycling building and tuning, modding, and riding. Always raise the jetting for the sake of your piston.
As fun as upgrading is, its even more fun still riding your upgraded bike more than a few times. Do it right the first time and save yourself downtime and more money.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
+1 on that whole damned post LMK...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
I did used to wish i had gotten a 2t instead but now i do have one, a Vespa T5 Classic, so the kymco will not be my main scoot much longer, think it will end up just a weekend play thing  :D

Stock main jet is an 82 so i have gone 10 sizes up already to a 92 main and plug chops read good at that. Nobody seems to adjust their carb other than the main jet on these A50's unless they go BBK and heavy modded, everyone who runs an open filter seems to do the same without any issues? I wouldnt have a clue how to raise the clip anyway  :D

Tbh i was already seriously considering going back to the stock air filter and main jet anyway just to feel safe cos the gains on the open filter are barely noticable so i was only really running it for the cleaner look. I want to do some timings as it is then put back the stock jet and filter and re-time to see what, if any, real actual gains i get/lose. I bet its minimal or none. The only thing i feel is it does rev a little freer and better but i want to know if it is actually doing that and increasing performance or if its just in my head due to it sounding sportier  :-\

Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
..3mph is worth it...lol...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
..3mph is worth it...lol...

Yes it is, i 100% agree. Thats why i want to do some measurements and timings to see if i am actually getting gains or not. Even if im only gaining 1mph or 0.5-1.0 second from 0-40mph then the filter stays  :D

I got an app on my phone that does 0-30 etc as well as 1/4 mile and top speeds so of i got time this weekend i want to do some checking and comparing.

Vespas going in to paintshop next week tho so i need to flatten down the primer for the painter, thats my priority or i cant get it in to him. Should have time for both. Wife wants odd jobs done in garden, fence treated and shed roof fixed, but that can wait, scoots come 1st  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
..my bud is giving me the cobra for a cpl days to tweak the cvt....

..gonna get it up into the powerband a bit quicker...and he aint happy with 55 ind. top end...lmao..

..gonna start with 7.5 sliders and a malossi 1000 contra...maybe a 748-18-28 belt...

..i'm hoping the driven pulleys are unrestricted...it feels like they are...no slipping at top end at all...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:18:06 PM by wordslinger »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »
You wont want to hand over the keys once its dialed in nice tho will you.  :D

He can have it yeah, but only if he takes it from your cold dead hands lol.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »
..no sir, i will not want to...dang...

..just had to bring that up didnt y'....

:-\

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
Quote from: streido
Tbh i was already seriously considering going back to the stock air filter and main jet anyway just to feel safe cos the gains on the open filter are barely noticable so i was only really running it for the cleaner look

i tried changing my scoots airfilter from the polini to the stock airbox....she didnt like it one bit, i put the stock box on and a 82 jet but she just bogged down summit terrible, so i turned around got home and put the polini back on with the 96 jet and she was running quick again.

4 days till i get Suzie  ;)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »
i tried changing my scoots airfilter from the polini to the stock airbox....she didnt like it one bit, i put the stock box on and a 82 jet but she just bogged down summit terrible, so i turned around got home and put the polini back on with the 96 jet and she was running quick again.

4 days till i get Suzie  ;)

They can be worse than women sometimes with deciding what they do and do not like  :D

I was the same. Really think a lot of it is down to the UK climate, one day its great, the next its not so its harder to tune. I just try settle for the best compromise that works somewhere between wet & dry days. ;D

We need more Global Warming here  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
..free flow filters do make your fuel mix sensitive to temp and humidity changes...

..it's a battle to find something that you can live with..

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
..free flow filters do make your fuel mix sensitive to temp and humidity changes...

..it's a battle to find something that you can live with..

yep and i couldnt be living with the stock box. polini 100%
the filter must be annoying my neighbours alot.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()